Get more information about the game.
The Mega Man Anniversary Collection is an anthology of classic Mega Man games (Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8) from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation game console and arcade systems. This set will also include two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters. Mega Man Anniversary Collection is rated 'E' for everyone by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) and will be available at retailers across North America this summer. The Game Boyµ Advance version will be available this fall that consists of the classic Mega Man titles (Mega Man I ¡V V) from the Game Boy system.
In the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, players will be challenged to see if they have the skills to master some of the most extreme Mega Man titles ever released and to unlock a cache of bonus features that includes 30 minutes of anime, a producer interview and a history of the series. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection provides a comprehensive look at Mega Man's progression through the years, as this near human robot embarked on his journey to become one of the longest running videogame icons to date. Take a trip down memory lane, reliving Mega Man's numerous quests to defeat Dr. Wily and his attempts to control the world and its resources. Gamers will reacquaint themselves with past adversaries such as Metal Man, Gemini Man, Pharaoh Man, Centaur Man, and Tengu Man, just to name a few. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection encompasses everything a new and hard-core fan would want for their existing library.
The Mega Man Anniversary Collection console version will include the following features:
- 10 Mega Man games on one disk ¡V Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8, Two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters
- Additional content ¡V Unlock hidden original artwork, a producer interview (GameCube only), an anime video (PlayStation 2 only), and information about the entire franchise
- All new soundtracks
The Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the Game Boyµ Advance will include the following features:
- Five of the original Mega Man games on one game cartridge
- o Mega Man I through Mega Man V
- Gamers can choose to play the game in its original black and white form or in an all new colorized version
- A museum of artwork from the series
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT