Get more information about Marathon: Durandal
Marathon is the game that presaged the "Halo" revolution. Bungie Studios' very first FPS series, Marathon achieved cult status for its many genre innovations, deep roots in Bungie culture, and its hints of the Halo greatness to come. Chosen for their passionate following and knowledge of the original game, Freeverse was chosen to bring "Marathon: Durandal" exclusively to the Xbox 360.
- Exclusively for Xbox LIVE Arcade, "Marathon: Durandal" is a compelling first-person shooter (FPS) cult classic that continues the tradition of great gameplay while remaining faithful to the spirit of Bungie lore as the predecessor to the Halo franchise.
- Multiplayer gameplay for up to eight players over Xbox LIVE
- Offline multiplayer gameplay for up to four players on the same console via split-screen mode
- Every image recreated to offer a widescreen, High Definition (HD) experience
- New networking model that provides for reduced lag in online games
- Features 27 single player levels, 13 multiplayer levels, and one survival mode
- Utilizes the familiar "Halo" control scheme.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT