Get more information about the game.
Anyone who has ever dreamed of being a military hero in the middle ages, gallantly striking down the enemy and commanding friendly forces, will be taken in by Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. Players can live their dreams of leading hundreds of troops into war, while managing resources, augmenting their forces, and fighting in this medieval 3D real-time strategy game. The Crusaders, developed by Phantagram and published by NCsoft, is set fifty years after its predecessor, Kingdom Under Fire. It begins with the discovery that Dark Legions have massacred a group of villagers living near a former battleground, which has since become sacred land. Politics, rivalry, and vendettas ensue and before long, the short-lived peace in the world is over. The two races pitted against each other are Humans and Dark Legions. Players can choose which race they would like to play and select one of several character types within each race. From here, it is all about war. Players start out with one infantry unit, but can hire or acquire more forces ? or develop them into more specialized and powerful units as the game progresses. Players take center stage in epic battles, hearing the cries of soldiers and seeing the chaos of the fight. See cavalry and infantry use their skills on your command. Use weaponry like catapults or the bow to destroy the enemy from a distance. The 3D battle scenes in this game ? from fight to death ? are compelling, realistic and thrilling. Up to 150 characters can be involved in a single battle scene at once. After the battle, use the world map to designate where your troops go next. While moving across the continent, players can stop by castles, gain endorsements from feudal lords, hire mercenaries, replenish or change equipment, and more.
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders promises action, strategy and breathtakingly real visual effects. The time has come to fight. Which side will you choose?
- 1000-unit epic battles with up to 150 characters in one battlefield scene.
- Players can lead troops into battle or fight the enemy themselves.
- Wide character selection from two main races and 4 sub-races
- Up to 15 types of troops under each main race to choose from.
- Cinematic look and feel captured by excellent 3D scaled art.
- Diverse functions such as magic, bridge building, and setting traps may be used, depending on type of troop.
- Accumulated experience in leading a troop can be used to change troop type and install new equipment
- Additional mission downloads through Xbox LIVE; upgraded character download services forthcoming
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT