Fuse not ruled out for Wii U
Insomniac Games CEO also says he'd like to see Nintendo bring more classic franchises to the Wii U.
Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price won't rule out porting cooperative shooter Fuse to the Wii U, but says that he'd like to see Nintendo do more to support the fledgling console.
"We have to be selective because it's easy to start to stretch yourself too thin," said Price in an interview with Digitally Downloaded about Wii U development, "so we're careful about where we go."
"One of the questions I got a lot of early on was 'why aren't you developing for the Wii U?' And the answer was simply bandwidth. We had to focus on delivering a great game on multiple platforms, but there's a point where we had to make hard choices, and for us we needed to limit the number of platforms for Fuse."
Speaking about the Wii U, Price said he'd like to see Nintendo produce more of its classic franchises for the console. "As a player, what I would love to see is more of those games that I grew up with. Zeldas, Marios, Metroid--those are the games I look for from Nintendo, and I hope more of them come out for the Wii U."
Fuse is the first multiplatform title for Insomniac Games, with the California developer previously focusing its efforts--such as Ratchet & Clank, Resistance, and Spyro the Dragon--on Sony platforms.
Price previously hinted on Reddit that the company would consider developing for the PC, but is not actively looking into the Wii U at present.
When asked if that rules out a port of Fuse on the Wii U, Price said, "We're not ruling out anything in the future. We are a content creator, and we want to reach as large of an audience as we can."
Fuse will be released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on May 28 in North America and May 31 in Europe.
Content you might like…
-
ZombiU 2 prototype in development at Ubisoft

"It's too soon to tell you more," says studio creative director.
- May 14, 2013
Users who looked at this article also looked at these content items.
Hot Stories
Newsmakers
-
Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO?
[UPDATE] Source says team of 100 developers working on upcoming MMO reduced by 70; game now expected in 2016 at the earliest; Blizzard confirms "large design and technology changes." Full Story
- Posted May 28, 2013 4:36 pm PT
-
Industry sounds off on violent games debate
Developers from Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard challenge assertion that games cause violence; "It's like finding your dad's Playboys under the bed and blaming Playboy." Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 7:46 am PT
Featured Stories
-
Xbox One can talk - Report
Source says Microsoft currently testing Siri-like feature for next-gen platform and mode that allows friends to take over gameplay. Full Story
- Posted May 24, 2013 10:18 am PT
-
Video Games: The Movie hits funding goal
Mediajuice Studios' documentary on games gets $60,000 in funding in under two weeks; stretch goals revealed. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 8:17 am PT
-
Ubisoft: Console transition 'pivotal moment' for industry
CEO Yves Guillemot says new console cycle will be watershed moment for the industry; next-gen console installed base could double previous generation. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 11:28 am PT
-
Kaz Hirai: PS4 is 'first and foremost' a video game console
Sony CEO asserts the PlayStation 4 as primarily a gaming console, but adds that more non-game functionality will be revealed in time. Full Story
- Posted May 31, 2013 4:01 am PT
-
Zombies sell, says Take-Two chief
CEO Strauss Zelnick says "I'd like to do zombies in everything." Full Story
- Posted May 30, 2013 7:59 am PT






