Publisher picks up additional shareholder votes and extends its offer for another month.
Electronic Arts today said that attempts to buy Digital Illusions CE, the Stockholm-based developer of the successful Battlefield franchise, are slowly moving toward a positive outcome. EA said it had picked up some important support among existing shareholders. The second largest DICE shareholder, Bonnier & Bonnier AB, has accepted EA's offer to acquire the developer, according to an EA statement.
In addition to that news, EA said it would extend the offer period by about a month, to January 20, 2005.
Clarifying its position, EA said in a statement that the Bonnier & Bonnier vote "corresponds to 25.6 percent of outstanding capital and votes in DICE." Combined with the 18.9 percent of outstanding capital and votes currently held by EA, "this would give EA today control of 4,498,697 shares, representing 44.5 percent of the outstanding capital and votes in DICE," the publisher said.
As previously reported, EA still needs the approval of parties controlling, at minimum, 90 percent of DICE's voting shares for the acquisition to take place.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT