Dust 514 PS3 beta begins Thursday for Mercenary Pack purchasers
$20 promotion for CCP Games' free-to-play first-person shooter gives customers access to all beta events, $20 of in-game currency, exclusive weapons and armor.
Dust 514 doesn't officially launch until later this year, but eager PlayStation 3 gamers can already shell out money to try the free-to-play first-person shooter ahead of schedule. CCP Games is now offering the Dust 514 Mercenary Pack on the PlayStation Network, a bundle that will give players an array of perks for the EVE Online spin-off shooter.
For $20, the Mercenary Pack includes access to all of the game's beta events, including the first one scheduled to kick off this Thursday. Additional beta events are set for every other weekend going forward, and Mercenary Pack owners will also have exclusive access to the game on weekends in between. The Mercenary Pack also includes $20 worth of Aurum, Dust 514's in-game currency, as well as a 30-day boost that increases earned skill points by 50 percent, and an assortment of armor, weapons, and other in-game items.
Dust 514 was announced in 2009 and had been in development for three years at that point. The game is integrated with EVE Online such that Dust 514 players will operate as mercenaries within the PC massively multiplayer online role-playing game universe. Player-controlled corporations in the EVE Online world will be able to enlist Dust 514 players to fight territorial disputes on their behalf, and even conduct orbital bombardments to even the playing field.
For more on Dust 514, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.
Content you might like…
-
Dust 514 launches May 14

PlayStation-exclusive MMO from Eve Online developer to launch on May 14.
- Apr 28, 2013
Users who looked at this article also looked at these content items.
Hot Stories
Newsmakers
-
Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO?
[UPDATE] Source says team of 100 developers working on upcoming MMO reduced by 70; game now expected in 2016 at the earliest; Blizzard confirms "large design and technology changes." Full Story
- Posted May 28, 2013 4:36 pm PT
-
Industry sounds off on violent games debate
Developers from Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard challenge assertion that games cause violence; "It's like finding your dad's Playboys under the bed and blaming Playboy." Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 7:46 am PT
Featured Stories
-
Xbox One can talk - Report
Source says Microsoft currently testing Siri-like feature for next-gen platform and mode that allows friends to take over gameplay. Full Story
- Posted May 24, 2013 10:18 am PT
-
Video Games: The Movie hits funding goal
Mediajuice Studios' documentary on games gets $60,000 in funding in under two weeks; stretch goals revealed. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 8:17 am PT
-
Ubisoft: Console transition 'pivotal moment' for industry
CEO Yves Guillemot says new console cycle will be watershed moment for the industry; next-gen console installed base could double previous generation. Full Story
- Posted May 29, 2013 11:28 am PT
-
Kaz Hirai: PS4 is 'first and foremost' a video game console
Sony CEO asserts the PlayStation 4 as primarily a gaming console, but adds that more non-game functionality will be revealed in time. Full Story
- Posted May 31, 2013 4:01 am PT
-
Zombies sell, says Take-Two chief
CEO Strauss Zelnick says "I'd like to do zombies in everything." Full Story
- Posted May 30, 2013 7:59 am PT






