Toronto, Canada – August 25, 2005 - DreamCatcher Games today announced that Painkiller: Black, a limited edition package of the critically acclaimed and award-winning game Painkiller, is now available at major retail stores across North America. Among the prestigious awards, Computer Gaming World deemed Painkiller "2004 Single Player Shooter Game of the Year."
The limited edition Black DVD includes both the full original game, its expansion pack; Battle out of Hell, and special bonus features including over a dozen Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) enhancements. Painkiller is the official 1-vs-1 tournament game of the $1,000,000 CPL World Tour 2005.
Other exclusive bonuses include "The Making of Painkiller" video packed with behind the scenes developer interviews, the Painkiller title track music video, Mapping and Editing tools, and never before seen artwork.
Trapped in a dark and unwelcoming world awaiting purification for earthly sins, players must fight through an endless number of hellish enemy warriors as they attempt to stop the imminent unholy war and overthrow Lucifer. But even if they win this insane battle, players must still take out hoards of howling devils, eager to avenge their master.
- FRANTIC SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN: 34 levels of non-stop action crowded with 80 different enemy species and gigantic final bosses.
- ADRENALINE FUELED GAMEPLAY: Blast your way through 15 maps and 7 Multiplayer modes using 14 incredible weapons, including the mythical Painkiller, named "Best Weapon" as part of Computer Gaming World's '2004 Games of the Year.'
- IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE: Furious soundtrack and insane real-life physics using the world's most advanced physics engine Havok 2.0.
- STATE-OF-THE-ART GRAPHICS: Thanks to the updated PAIN engine, pin hyper-detailed enemies to the walls or blow everything up in completely unique and varied environments including the highly acclaimed "Hell" level.
Developed by People Can Fly, Painkiller: Black is rated 'M' for Mature in North America and "16+ PEGI" in Europe. An Xbox version of Painkiller will be released on November 8, 2005. For more information about Painkiller and the latest updates, visit www.painkillergame.com.
About DreamCatcher Games:
DreamCatcher Games is a worldwide publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software committed to the release of quality action, strategy and role-playing games on the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, and Windows. Its large portfolio of games includes Painkiller: "Single-Player Shooter of the Year" and the official title of the 2005 CPL World Tour. More information about DreamCatcher Games and its products can be found at http://www.dreamcatchergames.com.
Launched June 26, 1997, the Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) is the world's first computer games sports league; and having hosted final tournaments on five continents and official qualifying tournaments in over 50 countries, the CPL is the global leader in professional computer game competitions. Over the past seven years, the CPL has hosted over 20 main events in the United States alone, with a total attendance of 35,000 gamers and has paid well over $1,500,000 in cash prizes. For more information on the CPL please visit www.thecpl.com.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT