Sign on Options
Theme: [Light Selected] To Dark»

Dragon Nest gets new 2.0 update

Jonathan Toyad
By Jonathan Toyad, Associate Editor

New patch to hit on June 13; brings level cap to 70, system changes and additional abyss dungeons.

Eyedentity Games has announced that new content for its MMO game Dragon Nest will be released with the 2.0 update scheduled for June 13 in Korea.

According to a report from MMO Culture, the patch will bring the level cap to 70. In-game features like Hidden Potential and Suffix will be deleted in order to streamline the game further. A new upgrade catalyst called the Dragon Jade will be introduced and will allow players to either strengthen or add new skills to their weapon.

Other new things added include five new abyss dungeons, new EX and support skills for existing classes, and level 70 runes that boosts health and defense. The game's main hub, Saint Haven, will have a new layout; the castle will be moved north while the courtyard will be shifted to the middle.

After the update, the developer said that it will introduce a new class: the male Assassin, who comes with a melee-focused combat style. The release date for the character has yet to be revealed.

Eyedentity Games has previously announced that it was working on a sequel to Dragon Nest. Its recent game, Dungeon Striker, was in open beta on May 15.

Jonathan Toyad
By Jonathan Toyad, Associate Editor

Born and raised from a jungle-laden village in Sarawak, Malaysia, Jonathan Toyad has been playing games since the early 90s. He favors fighting games, RPGs, and rhythm titles above every other genre, and occasionally spaces out like Pavlov's dog to video game music on his iPod.

1 comments
Conversation powered by Livefyre

Hot Stories

Newsmakers

  • Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO?

    Blizzard starting over on next-gen MMO? Thumbnail

    [UPDATE] Source says team of 100 developers working on upcoming MMO reduced by 70; game now expected in 2016 at the earliest; Blizzard confirms "large design and technology changes." Full Story

    • Posted May 28, 2013 4:36 pm PT
  • Industry sounds off on violent games debate

    Industry sounds off on violent games debate Thumbnail

    Developers from Gearbox, Epic Games, and Blizzard challenge assertion that games cause violence; "It's like finding your dad's Playboys under the bed and blaming Playboy." Full Story

    • Posted May 29, 2013 7:46 am PT

Featured Stories

Submit News

Got tips? Send them in!