Sid Meier's latest gets updated along with its expansions, Colin McRae racer gets a tune-up, MGS4 receives two wallpaper packs.
Firaxis Games' Civilization IV and its expansions Beyond the Sword and Warlords all received new patches today, updating them to versions 1.74, 3.02, and 2.13, respectively. The vanilla Civ IV and Warlords updates include support for widescreen on laptops as well as a number of crash, exploit, and bug fixes. The Beyond the Sword patch synchronizes the US and EU editions and fixes several crashes in it.
An update for Codemasters' rally racer DiRT is also available on GameSpot, which fixes a bug that caused certain saved games to become corrupt and introduces a new set of leaderboards separate from those visible to players with earlier versions of the game.
The Secret Files: Tunguska has also been updated, with a new patch available in two flavors and a wallpaper pack. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots has also been updated with new wallpaper packs, Lunar Knights has received a screensaver, and Gods: Lands of Infinity has a new demo out for its special edition.
- Civilization IV v1.74 Patch
- Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword v3.02 Patch
- Civilization IV: Warlords v2.13 Patch
- DiRT v1.2 Patch
- Gods: Lands of Infinity Special Edition Demo
- The Secret Files: Tunguska v1.03 Patch
- The Secret Files: Tunguska v1.02 to v1.03 Incremental Patch
- Lunar Knights Screensaver
- The Secret Files: Tunguska Wallpaper Pack
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Wallpaper Pack
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Wallpaper Pack 2
Know about a cool file that we don't have? Send us the link!
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT