Demo sucked, but the game has(had) a lot of potential. I am dissapointing anyhow. Lets see what the beth version of the game is worth...
2003 tech demo of Black Isle's vision of Fallout 3 available, joined by demo for Call of Heroes and patch for Medieval II.
Fallout fans will still have to wait until June 5 to see what the real Fallout 3 will be. But for those who wish to see what it could have been, the tech demo for the game that was Fallout 3 is now available. Black Isle's project, code named "Van Buren," is ready to download through GameSpot. DISCLAIMER: Please keep in mind that his tech demo was in an early prealpha stage and is not in any way associated with the actual Fallout 3 being developed by Bethesda Softworks.
Also new to download are a slew of patches: Heroes of Might and Magic V, Dominions 3: The Awakening, RollerCoaster Tycoon, Medieval II: Total War, Conquer Online, Anarchy Online, DEFCON: Everybody Dies, and Devil May Cry 3 all received the upgrade treatment, while RollerCoaster Tycoon II got a new mod, Elebits and Halo 3 got new wallpaper packs, and the free top-down multiplayer shooter Bloodmasters was released.
- Van Buren Tech Demo
- Call for Heroes: Pompolic Wars Demo 1
- Anarchy Online v17.3.0 to v17.3.1 Incremental Patch
- Anarchy Online: Shadowlands v17.3.0 to v17.3.1 Incremental Patch
- Conquer Online v4346 Patch
- Conquer Online v4347 Patch
- DEFCON: Everybody Dies v1.42 Patch
- Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition v1.30 EU Patch
- Dominions 3: The Awakening v3.08 Patch
- Dominions 3: The Awakening v3.08 Linux Patch
- Galactic Dream: Rage of War v1.0a Patch
- Heroes of Might and Magic V v1.4x to v1.5 Incremental Patch
- Heroes of Might and Magic V Digital Download v1.4x to v1.5 Incremental Patch
- Medieval II: Total War v1.2 Patch
- RollerCoaster Tycoon v1.08.1xx to v1.08.187 Incremental Patch
- RollerCoaster Tycoon v1.08.1xx to v1.08.187 Incremental UK Patch
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 'Pink Water' Mod
- Bloodmasters v1.2 Free Game
- Elebits Wallpaper Pack
- Halo 3 Wallpaper Pack
Know about a cool file that we don't have? Send us the link!
This thing keeps freezing my entire machine when the first enemy attacks. Must those amazing graphics..... not. And why does it NEED to have internet access to run? I'm not impressed.
Woah, cool! I think I'm going to try the F3 tech demo. I'm curious how far Black Isle got with development.
The guys at No Mutants Allowed worked very hard to get the Van buren demo released, and asked that noone mirror the download. How dare you post it without even crediting them? You're losing what little credibility you ever had in the hardcore community.
The pink water in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is awesome. Especially great when you're creating a "candy" themed park.
@laura... it looks much like Fallout 2. I very much doubt Bethesda left it looking like that. EDIT: lol, they're STILL patching Anarchy Online? I would've figured everybody would've learned from that mistake by now.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT