Get more information about Crusader Kings: Deus Vult.
Aim to create the most powerful dynasty of medieval Europe in the period of 1066 to 1453 A.D in this expansion to Crusader Kings. Amass prestige; increase the greatness of your lands and your treasure coffins, build Cathedrals and Castles, appoint vassals and battle traitors, introduce laws and set taxes while interacting with hundreds of courtiers and nobles.
- A graphical overhaul to increase player experience
- Various added inter-character relations, representing loyalty inside courts, relations between countries, as well as friends and rivals for all characters. No longer will realms just fall apart, a beleaguered King will always have friends who will support him. Also beware as your smoothly running realm could run into trouble when your nice loyal vassal becomes your rival.
- Introductions of new gameplay aspects like the stability affecting realms, numerous traits for characters and options for diplomacy, such as the possibility to send fosterlings to other courts. In addition an all-new system for children has been added. No longer will a 3 year old be able to run a realm effectively. Children are all now born with 0 stats and then develop over childhood. You'll never know how good your heir will be until he matures.
- A revised interface to streamline gameplay, with several completely redesigned windows. Immediate alert icons highlight immediate problems with your realm and a full ledger with more than a dozen detailed pages.
- A variety of new events as well as a substantial amount of changes and improvements to the tools used by modders.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT