Get more information about the game.
The anticipated sequel has arrived. Embark on a new adventure in Baldur's Gate and brave terrible dangers in search of fortune, glory, and power. Face a multitude of sinister enemies while traveling through many spectacular environments in this action-packed fantasy game. Rid the lands of chaos, mastering skills, spells, and deadly weapons ... the fate of thousands hangs in the balance.
- Fast paced, addictive hack n' slash combat with over 80 levels of thrilling action spread over 4 acts.
- Five new customizable characters, each with distinctive powers, appearances, and abilities that develop throughout the game.
- Amazingly detailed environments and monsters with even more explosive spell effects than before.
- An inventive item creation system that allows players to forge their own unique magical weapons and armor from raw components.
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use, from enchanted potions and scrolls to wands.
- Sequel to the highly acclaimed 2002 Console RPG of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
- Branching storyline allows the player to choose how he or she wants to the play the game, making each game experience unique.
- Two-player cooperative mode that allows both players to play the game on a full screen.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT