Assault Heroes Now Available on Xbox Live Arcade Sierra Online Celebrates Launch with Sweepstakes on Official Site
Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, has released Assault Heroes, the first of several Xbox Live Arcade titles scheduled to be released from the company. Developed by Wanako Studios specifically for Xbox Live Arcade, Assault Heroes puts players in the role of the only surviving member of an elite special-forces unit searching for a secret underground laboratory. Whether in a heavily armed 4X4, a maneuverable speedboat or on foot, players must blast their way through enemy-infested territory while being assaulted by waves of formidable enemies with unrelenting attacks. To kick-off the release of the title, Sierra Online has launched a web site complete with mission, vehicle and weapon briefings as well as information on current and future Assault Heroes downloads available at Xbox Live Marketplace. A sweepstakes with a grand prize of 100,000 Microsoft Points is currently running on the site at www.assaultheroesgame.com http://www.assaultheroesgame.com.
- Multiplayer co-op mode - Two players may play co-operatively online via Xbox
- Live or offline (same screen) with enhanced weapons and special attacks to encourage
- team-based campaigns.
- Dynamic gameplay - Operate an armed 4X4, speed boat or simply fight on foot
- for a quick change of pace.
- Arsenal of weapons - Equip characters with miniguns, flak cannons, flamethrowers,
- grenades and nukes to destroy everything in your path.
- Realistic special effects -Destructible terrain and advanced physics engine
- provide a truly engaging Arcade experience.
- Highly detailed graphics - Vehicles leave tracks in the sand, send parts flying
- when they explode, and leave smoke trails when taking damage.
- Exhilarating Action-Packed Experience - Challenging and graphically compelling
- levels (including bonus sublevels) for fast-paced and addictive play.
- Xbox Live Leaderboards
Assault Heroes is now available for download on Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft Points. The title is rated Teen for violence and animated blood.
For more information, please visit http://www.assaultheroesgame.com/ or http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade.
About Sierra Online Sierra Online, a division of Vivendi Games, develops and publishes quality short- and mid-session, online games for PC, Xbox Live Arcade and all other viable platforms. Sierra Online's titles include FreeStyle Street Basketball, a fast-paced, mid-session online basketball game developed by JC Entertainment Corp., a leading Korean developer, featuring innovative community and customization capabilities. The division is also developing a variety of Xbox Live Arcade and other PC online games targeting the mass-market casual consumer. Sierra Online runs a global business with headquarters in Los Angeles, Calif., and regional studios in Seattle, Washington and Shanghai, China.
About Vivendi Games, Inc.
Vivendi Games is a global developer, publisher and distributor of multi-platform interactive entertainment. The company is the leader in the subscription-based massively multi-player online (MMO) games category and holds leading positions in the PC, casual online, console, handheld and mobile games markets. Vivendi Games' two principal studios and publishing labels include Blizzard Entertainment, headquartered in Irvine, CA, and Sierra Entertainment, headquartered in Los Angeles, which includes Radical Entertainment, Swordfish Studios, High Moon Studios and Massive Entertainment. Vivendi Games is also home to Vivendi Games Mobile, dedicated to publishing quality titles for the worldwide mobile games market. Vivendi Games maintains strategic relationships with industry leading content partners, including Universal Music Group, NBC Universal, Twentieth Century Fox, and Ludlum Entertainment. The company has 16 offices around the world conducting business in 75 countries
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT