Austin, TX - November 18, 2005 - Aspyr Media today announced it has acquired the rights from JoWood to publish and distribute SpellForce 2 – Shadow Wars in North America. In this seamless blend of RTS and RPG genres, SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars provides an environment full of surprises and challenges as the player takes on the role of the Avatar, (ev. together with his party of heroes) solving quests and overcoming obstacles in carefully crafted worlds. This successor to 'SpellForce - The Order of Dawn' features a class-free character system that offers numerous variations on a player's strategy, giving the game high re-playability. SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars will be released in early 2006 for the PC at a SRP of $39.99.
"This year Aspyr will bring our fan base SpellForce Platinum which includes SpellForce – The Order of Dawn plus its two subsequent add-ons so that they can experience the perfect RTS/RPG harmony housed in the SpellForce world," said Ted Staloch, VP of Aspyr Media. "SpellForce 2 - Shadow Wars" will continue the quest by putting a wealth of unique tactical possibilities at the player's fingertips."
The most beautiful, perfect and deadly of the Dark Races -- the Dark Elves – are in league with the mysterious Shadows and are threatening to overrun the realm of men. Fighting against the invasion, players take on the role of Avatar, leading his band of heroes into combat against a sinister force while unraveling the truth behind this epic story. Avatar must forge new alliances in order to face the invasion and save the world of Eo.
In SpellForce 2 – Shadow Wars players can:
- Choose from over 100 Avatar skills, allowing players to develop individual characters and gameplay styles with a great variety of spells, items, weapons and armor.
- Lead one of three fractions (The Realm, The Clan or The Pact), and build bases to gather resources and rally troops consisting of infantry, cavalry and flyers in order to be prepared for epic battles
- Explore highly detailed and lush fantasy worlds
- Conduct a single-player campaign with more than 50 hours of gameplay set in a persistent game world that is wrapped in a continuous, gripping storyline and a wealth of sub-quests.
- Prove their skills through more than 30 multiplayer maps with different multiplayer modes like player vs. player and player vs. AI/monsters and special quests for co-op multiplayer
Aspyr Media will continue to expand its PC line in the coming months. Look for more game announcements from Aspyr in Q1 and Q2 of 2006.
About Aspyr Aspyr Media is a leading entertainment publisher. Founded in 1996, Austin-based Aspyr identifies diverse entertainment opportunities and leverages them across multiple platforms by tailoring its services to suit the product and consumers interests. Visit Aspyr Media on the web at www.aspyr.com .
About JoWooD JoWooD develops and publishes state-of-the-art entertainment software for all major existing and coming systems. JoWood`s games are distributed in all territories by a worldwide net of distribution partners. Please visit the homepage www.jowood.com for further information.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT