Get more information about the game.
Created by Sony Computer Entertainment Japan, Ape Escape: On The Loose is the introduction of the popular Ape Escape series onto the PSP (PlayStation Portable) entertainment system this spring. Entertaining for gamers of all types, Ape Escape: On The Loose will feature multiplayer functionality and a wide variety of mini-games for players of all ages. This imaginative game provides players the challenge of capturing more than 200 monkeys in eight vibrant worlds spanning more than 20 levels in order to prevent them from changing history!
When a trouble-making monkey named Specter gets hold of the Professor's Peak Point Helmet, chaos ensues. The powerful device, which can increase a human's intelligence, has a disastrous effect on Specter, transforming him from a sweet, mischievous monkey to a power-hungry monster who has his heart set on ruling the world. The power of the helmet enabled Specter to break free from his cage while also allowing him to free hundreds of other monkeys at the zoo. Specter and the monkeys escape to a nearby laboratory where the Professor, who created the Peak Point Helmet, is working on his latest invention, a time machine. Taking control of the laboratory, Specter and the other monkeys use the time machine to escape into the past. The adventure begins when the player takes on the role of a brave young boy named Spike, a friend of the Professor. Spike's mission is to pursue Specter and the monkeys who have fled to the past in order to prevent them from changing history and taking over the world.
- The Ape Escape franchise, made popular on the PlayStation game console and PlayStation2, expands its horizons as it debuts onto the PSP, featuring crisp graphics and fun gameplay.
- Featuring Wi-Fi wireless Ad Hoc connectivity, Ape Escape On The Loose enables gamers in close proximity to utilize the multiplayer mode and play a variety of mini-games with friends.
- Mini-games such as snowboarding, boxing, racing and Ping Pong makes
- Ape Escape: On The Loose fun for the entire family!
- Help Spike capture more than 200 monkeys throughout eight vibrant worlds spanning more than 20 levels.
- An Enemy Book tracks all of the enemies that gamers defeat. Once a player defeats five of the same kind of enemy, they will get an entry in the Enemy Book of that enemy along with a description and an image of the adversary as it appears in the game. Players can then rotate and view the images from different angles.
- Utilize gadgets such as a Time Net, Monkey Radar and RC Car to help capture the monkeys.
Emmy-winning writer Jon Vitti, who penned "Mr. Plow" episode of The Simpsons, working on 2016 film based on Rovio's game. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 12:23 pm PT
Bankrupt publisher hoping to bring in at least $22 million from upcoming asset auctions. Full Story
- Posted May 23, 2013 9:43 am PT
Network journalist acknowledges one-sided violent video game report; invitations to Bungie and the Entertainment Software Association were declined. Full Story
- Posted May 20, 2013 10:45 pm PT