New York, USA (July 31, 2007) – Paradox Interactive announced today an expansion pack to Crusader Kings, their grand strategy game for players vying to create the most powerful dynasty of medieval Europe.
Play as the leader of a glorious dynasty in the period of 1066 to 1453 A.D. Your task?Amass prestige; increase the greatness of your lands and your treasure coffins, build Cathedrals and Castles, appoint vassals and battle traitors, introduce laws and set taxes while interacting with hundreds of courtiers and nobles.
In addition to a graphical overhaul to increase player experience, the epic and intense strategy expansion Deus Vult brings:
- Various added inter-character relations, representing loyalty inside courts, relations between countries, as well as friends and rivals for all characters. No longer will realms just fall apart, a beleaguered King will always have friends who will support him. Also beware as your smoothly running realm could run into trouble when your nice loyal vassal becomes your rival.
- Introduction of new gameplay aspects like the stability affecting realms, numerous traits for characters and options for diplomacy, such as the possibility to send fosterlings to other courts. Plus an all-new system for children. No longer will a 3 year old be able to run a realm effectively. Children are all now born with 0 stats and then develop over childhood. You'll never know how good your heir will be until he matures.
- A revised interface to streamline gameplay, with several completely redesigned windows. Immediate alert icons highlight immediate problems with your realm and a full ledger with more than a dozen detailed pages.
- A variety of new events as well as a substantial amount of changes and improvements to the tools used by modders.
- Deus Vult is scheduled for a release in late September, 2007 and will be available through digital download on GamersGate. The game will retail for $14.99/€14.99.
About Paradox Interactive Paradox Interactive has been a leading publisher and developer of strategy games for the PC platform since 1999. Well-known worldwide for their strategy titles, the company has a particularly strong presence in Europe and the US. The steadily growing publishing portfolio includes in-house developed titles such as critically acclaimed franchises Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron; as well as third party titles that include Rush for Berlin in North America, Galactic Civilizations II in Europe and the worldwide release of Combat Mission: Shock Force.
The latest release from the experienced development team, Europa Universalis III, has won numerous awards worldwide. Visit http://www.paradoxplaza.com for more information.
Avalanche Studios co-founder says developer's ambition is for action, not moments that make players cry; steampunk-style game on hold. Full Story
- Posted May 15, 2013 6:33 am PT
4A Games creative director Andrew Prokhorov thanks Jason Rubin for telling the studio's story, but says, "We deserve the ratings we get." Full Story
- Posted May 16, 2013 12:44 pm PT