I dont like it

#1 Posted by jesusismyhomie (182 posts) -

I hate to say it, just like everyone else out there, but it is just like a downgraded version of WoW. 

Tried beta, got bored, felt like the gameplay was lacking in alot of areas and how everything like the mechanics of the game were the same. Even the same shortcuts as WoW on the keyboard; like the num lock button making them walk automatically.

It's been years since I ever tried WoW so figured I'd give this a shot and see how new MMOs are being created. Disappointed in the creativity.  

#2 Posted by Mokayb (1 posts) -
So a new FPS comes along and you still have to use WSAD. A racing game that has brakes, acceleration and turning.. What did you expect?
#3 Posted by weapon93 (187 posts) -

You clearly havn't played many MMOs, and WoW must have been your first.

Blizzard didn't invent the MMO template, it started long before WoW.

The combat in Neverwinter actually requires you to move around, aim, block, rather then just hit 2 buttons.

I smell a troll... 

#4 Posted by grove12345 (773 posts) -

or maybe he doesnt like MMORPGs. Ok EQ1 came first with this type of MMORPG play style. Still plays like WoW.

If i only played WoW 4 years ago and then i played NWN today, i would still say that NWN plays like WoW. Its like playing MOH and COD games. Its the same stuff over and over. 

Worst off it has the title RPG and DnD. Yet this is these games have the least amount of RPG element to them

#5 Posted by confussedmonkey (6 posts) -

This does not play like WoW, other than you level and complete quest. It is real time combat not the point and click that WoW does. While this game is seriously lacking in many areas, and they grind the pay system into your face with a pay to win model, it is not the same as WoW. The only real  similarities is: Fantasy setting (sword and sorcery), RPG class based system, crafting system (which is different that WoW), and you fight through dungeons. If that is all it takes to be a WoW clone, that makes almost every game out a WoW clone. That would make "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" a WoW clone. I am not a huge fan of this game, but saying this is a copy of WoW is just....

#6 Posted by grove12345 (773 posts) -

This does not play like WoW, other than you level and complete quest. It is real time combat not the point and click that WoW does. While this game is seriously lacking in many areas, and they grind the pay system into your face with a pay to win model, it is not the same as WoW. The only real  similarities is: Fantasy setting (sword and sorcery), RPG class based system, crafting system (which is different that WoW), and you fight through dungeons. If that is all it takes to be a WoW clone, that makes almost every game out a WoW clone. That would make "Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" a WoW clone. I am not a huge fan of this game, but saying this is a copy of WoW is just....

confussedmonkey
No its the whole gameplay mechanics. MMORPGs devs wont design or even try anything new. Basically if i can pick up any MMORPG out there from 10 years back and present day, very little has changed other than graphics. Boring quests people never read, people power leveling, PvP arenas, soloing, summoned pets, epic loot greed, hand holding easy gameplay, waypoint trails, endless grinding, cluttered quickbars, just a bunch of mechanics that take away from ever enjoying an RPG experience. Its like thinking BF and COD are the only ways to design a FPS, and devs wont ever design anything past that. If tons of Elder Scrolls people groaned at the idea of ES turning MMO, it was for a reason. A good reason. To me its a clone b/c they are going to strip down so many unique game mechanics so basically the millions of EQ/WoW fanboys will come over and enjoy this game.
#7 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

It's a total failure of a cash grab. Cryptic are terrible devs with a terrible track record.

Neverwinter is a shallow, instanced, "me-too" POS designed from the ground up to extract money. There is no game here, only a thinly veiled scam.

#8 Posted by Atreyuu2003 (7 posts) -

Personally, I love the game.