So no one likes this game?

• 52 results
#1 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8832 posts) -

After reading everyone's posts, sounds like because this is nothing like the first Most Wanted, this game is a complete failure. And also, all of a sudden because it's more like Burnout(which is a fantastic series IMO) than NFS, it's not worth playing. So I don't know...critics are mostly praising this game, and users are the exact opposite....

Not sure who to trust.

#2 Posted by RedSteels_Fury (171 posts) -

I have been a long time burnout fan but not very into the need for speed games.

This game first and foremost is burnout at its core, crazy fast driving, tight spaces, rapid weaving through traffic.  If you are expecting the Need for Speed of yesteryear this game will not be for you.

However if you like fast cars, stupidly tight turns and big crashes then this game will be for you.

This is essentially Burnout Paradise 2  However it is much, much improved especially on the multiplayer front.  Events now automatically launch and you go through a ciruit of 5 random events (sometimes they are group challenges, sometimes races, or other random competitions).  The city is also MUCH MUCH MUCH more navigateable than Paradise City was.  Yes, you still have to look at your map from time to time, but you literally just have to glance at it for a split second rather than in Paradise where you might as well have just stopped and pulled up the full screen map.

This game does include some of the atmosphere from need for speed though, its grittier and more edgy than Burnout.  The crashes aren't quite as explody and cars don't get absolutely mangled but all-in-all as a long time burnout fan (from burnout 1), I am in love with this game.

#3 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8832 posts) -

I have been a long time burnout fan but not very into the need for speed games.

This game first and foremost is burnout at its core, crazy fast driving, tight spaces, rapid weaving through traffic.  If you are expecting the Need for Speed of yesteryear this game will not be for you.

However if you like fast cars, stupidly tight turns and big crashes then this game will be for you.

This is essentially Burnout Paradise 2  However it is much, much improved especially on the multiplayer front.  Events now automatically launch and you go through a ciruit of 5 random events (sometimes they are group challenges, sometimes races, or other random competitions).  The city is also MUCH MUCH MUCH more navigateable than Paradise City was.  Yes, you still have to look at your map from time to time, but you literally just have to glance at it for a split second rather than in Paradise where you might as well have just stopped and pulled up the full screen map.

This game does include some of the atmosphere from need for speed though, its grittier and more edgy than Burnout.  The crashes aren't quite as explody and cars don't get absolutely mangled but all-in-all as a long time burnout fan (from burnout 1), I am in love with this game.

RedSteels_Fury
Sounds good. I think I am going to get this as my free game for Buy 2 get one free tomorrow. My biggest gripe with Burnout Paradise was the hard to navigate races. Sounds like it's fixed in this game.
#4 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

Nope.

#5 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
I also don't like how it forces me to keep changes cars after the five races ...
#6 Posted by vegetabroly18 (2 posts) -

The thing people don't realise is that Criterion Games (the producers of Burnout) also made this.  Of course its gonna be the same, I'm so over people ripping the game out for being like another one.  Do some study first, obviously it was gonna be the same.

#7 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

The thing people don't realise is that Criterion Games (the producers of Burnout) also made this. Of course its gonna be the same, I'm so over people ripping the game out for being like another one. Do some study first, obviously it was gonna be the same.

vegetabroly18

Nope, they also made Hot Pursuit and that game was amazing and had the NFS atmosphere.

#8 Posted by Maliwan1735 (2 posts) -
Personally, I expected to play some NFS. And this game is NOT, in any way, a NFS. It's just a copy of Burnout. Huge disappointment.
#9 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

This game is even worse than Criterion's HP 2010. Craptastic sluggish steering response again, except this time the routes and AI driving make it even harder to deal with. This has to be one of the worst NFS ever.

#10 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

This game is even worse than Criterion's HP 2010. Craptastic sluggish steering response again, except this time the routes and AI driving make it even harder to deal with. This has to be one of the worst NFS ever.

Frag_Maniac
You forget about NFS: The Run?
#11 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

I actually played The Run much more than this game, but I never finished it. That one race where you have to race the guys in the El Caminos (if I remember correctly) on the snowy map sealed the deal on me never finishing.

#12 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

I actually played The Run much more than this game, but I never finished it. That one race where you have to race the guys in the El Caminos (if I remember correctly) on the snowy map sealed the deal on me never finishing.

jchc_underoath
Does that game have rubber banding too?
#13 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

[QUOTE="jchc_underoath"]

JasonDarksavior

So you imply The Run is worse than this game, yet this response makes it obvious you've not even played it. :roll:

The only thing really bad about The Run is they never fixed the control bindings resetting to the defaults and the now and then CtDs. Other than that it's just an overly short game. The gameplay it has though is far better than that of this game.

The race he's talking about in the Rockies against the guys in El Caminos is not as hard as he makes it sound either, even with keyboard. I beat the game on Extreme with keyboard and at 54, I don't exactly have teenager reflexes anymore.

The hardest races in the game on Extreme are the checkpoint races at Buffalo Gap and Sawmill Drive in The Plains and State Forest stages of the race. You really have to minimize your mistakes on those.

NFS The Run's campaign is exhilerating and challenging, but you can start getting a lot of CtDs on th emab segments, and having to restart because of it can get annoying.

It has some good addon challenges, but even with those you won't get much more than 3-4 hrs max out of the entire sp content. It kinda added insult to injury that with a game having such short content they didn't even put time and money into fixing the damn control resetting and CtD problem. Kinda typical of EA, but it's extra upsetting when you know they couldn't have put nearly as much time to begin with into a game with a mere 2 hr campaign.

#14 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="jchc_underoath"]

Frag_Maniac

So you imply The Run is worse than this game, yet this response makes it obvious you've not even played it. :roll:

The only thing really bad about The Run is they never fixed the control bindings resetting to the defaults and the now and then CtDs. Other than that it's just an overly short game. The gameplay it has though is far better than that of this game.

The race he's talking about in the Rockies against the guys in El Caminos is not as hard as he makes it sound either, even with keyboard. I beat the game on Extreme with keyboard and at 54, I don't exactly have teenager reflexes anymore.

The hardest races in the game on Extreme are the checkpoint races at Buffalo Gap and Sawmill Drive in The Plains and State Forest stages of the race. You really have to minimize your mistakes on those.

NFS The Run's campaign is exhilerating and challenging, but you can start getting a lot of CtDs on th emab segments, and having to restart because of it can get annoying.

It has some good addon challenges, but even with those you won't get much more than 3-4 hrs max out of the entire sp content. It kinda added insult to injury that with a game having such short content they didn't even put time and money into fixing the damn control resetting and CtD problem. Kinda typical of EA, but it's extra upsetting when you know they couldn't have put nearly as much time to begin with into a game with a mere 2 hr campaign.

I think it can be a very safe assumption that The Run is a not a good game. Do you disagree?  

#15 Posted by sherrypizza (37 posts) -
I actually liked it, pretty good game
#16 Posted by Lortar (1 posts) -

Where are the cars so that I can change the crappy one I have at the beginning of the game?

Do I have to continue searching for cars until I find the one I like?

If the game is like this then it SUX

#17 Posted by 2uneek4u (2548 posts) -

I wish EA would stop releasing cheap low budget NFS games. The last 2 years theres been 4 NFS gamess. Which are sub par/below par! We all known EA has a bad habbit of giving devs short period of time to develop their games. But damn i wish they would let the dev make a nfs game and take their time. Give them 2-3 years of development!

#18 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

Where are the cars so that I can change the crappy one I have at the beginning of the game?

Do I have to continue searching for cars until I find the one I like?

If the game is like this then it SUX

Lortar
Yep. Your only other option is by beating the Most Wanted cars and stealing their rides.
#19 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="jchc_underoath"]

Frag_Maniac

It wasn't so much that it was difficult, just dumb. If I remember correctly their cars were superior to your own in every way. The only way to beat them was to draft one of them then slingshot past at the end of the race. If you messed up or something got in your way (there was an avalanche taking place, afterall) you had to restart the entire race.

#20 Posted by thetrellan (34 posts) -
Of all my many complaints about Hot Pursuit, I don't see a single one that hasn't been addressed: 1. First and foremost, I hated that they called it a huge world, when it was really just the skeleton of a huge world, with maybe a dozen blocks that each went on for scores of miles with literally NO neighborhood turnoffs. This time they based the layout on the original Most Wanted, a vast improvement. 2. The map is now interactive, meaning you call it up at anytime to see where you are and where you're going. The one in HP could only be seen between races and was useless. 3. A proper drift system is now in place. It makes no sense, since it doesn't involve the handbrake, but at least it's there. That said, I much prefer the way Blackbox did it. My only gripe with them was that the worlds had little variety, something this MW has in spades. BB had the physics for nitrous down to a thing of beauty though.
#21 Posted by thetrellan (34 posts) -

Things I don't like about this game:

Visibility sucks, especially in the offroad events. I know it's only realism, but in real life the field of view is better. Enhancing difficulty by making it impossible to see where you're going is IMO lazy planning.

I don't mind having to discover each car, but I wish the difficulty was tiered overall and not specific to the vehicle. I know this way every car gets more use, but the learning curve is all over the place.

And is it really necessary that each and every race be a hot pursuit? Can I at least have a few races where the outcome is determined by skill and not luck??

Of course I miss the story element, but I see the logic for not including it. Once the story concludes, the game feels like a ghost town for me, so I stop playing. Still, I miss that Cross jerk, and those punks who need to be put in their places.

Finally, I frakking HATE the crashcam. It's like encountering a loading screen every few seconds for NO...DAMN...REASON! At least Blackbox knew enough to give you the option of turning it off. In Burnout, these screens had a purpose: to show a successful takedown. Here it's an unwanted interruption, especially when you can see the collision shouldn't be so major. Also, it makes me feel like I'm losing ground in a way that I have no control over.

That said, this game is a vast improvement over Hot Pursuit, and if I can't have my open-world NFS fix the way it used to be, this at least is an entertaining good time. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with it.

#22 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

Things I don't like about this game:

Visibility sucks, especially in the offroad events. I know it's only realism, but in real life the field of view is better. Enhancing difficulty by making it impossible to see where you're going is IMO lazy planning.

I don't mind having to discover each car, but I wish the difficulty was tiered overall and not specific to the vehicle. I know this way every car gets more use, but the learning curve is all over the place.

And is it really necessary that each and every race be a hot pursuit? Can I at least have a few races where the outcome is determined by skill and not luck??

Of course I miss the story element, but I see the logic for not including it. Once the story concludes, the game feels like a ghost town for me, so I stop playing. Still, I miss that Cross jerk, and those punks who need to be put in their places.

Finally, I frakking HATE the crashcam. It's like encountering a loading screen every few seconds for NO...DAMN...REASON! At least Blackbox knew enough to give you the option of turning it off. In Burnout, these screens had a purpose: to show a successful takedown. Here it's an unwanted interruption, especially when you can see the collision shouldn't be so major. Also, it makes me feel like I'm losing ground in a way that I have no control over.

That said, this game is a vast improvement over Hot Pursuit, and if I can't have my open-world NFS fix the way it used to be, this at least is an entertaining good time. All things considered, I'm pretty happy with it.thetrellan

Mate cannot agree with you more! The damn crash cam ... Maybe if we are lucking they might offer a patch or something to get rid of it?

#23 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

I think it can be a very safe assumption that The Run is a not a good game. Do you disagree?JasonDarksavior

My earlier point was that it's never good to assume whether a game is good or bad without having even tried it. Yes it's a little buggy, yes it's very short, but it also has some very exhilerating and challenging racing moments and the graphics, handling and feeling of speed are among some of the best in any modern NFS game. Would I pay full price for it, no, but it is one that offers enough enjoyable gameplay moments that at the right price can be a worthwhile purchase with some replay value.

It wasn't so much that it was difficult, just dumb. If I remember correctly their cars were superior to your own in every way. The only way to beat them was to draft one of them then slingshot past at the end of the race. If you messed up or something got in your way (there was an avalanche taking place, afterall) you had to restart the entire race.jchc_underoath

That sounds like you either got impatient pretty fast or that it was in fact quite difficult for you. Furthermore if you're talking specifically about the final race of that stage where you have to battle to get to the tunnel before the avalanche buries you, no, you don't have to draft and slingshot past. It's more a thing of timing your boost for enviro hazards and good cornering and swerving of massive rocks at the end. What you're talking about better describes another race in that stage where you're descending down a valley, but that one is airly easy too.

Again, on Extreme, the toughest race in that stage is the checkpoint one. It becomes critical with the lesser time you're allotted on that difficulty level to pick a good car, avoid the icy spots, and really pick a good line through traffic.

Visibility sucks, especially in the offroad events. I know it's only realism, but in real life the field of view is better. Enhancing difficulty by making it impossible to see where you're going is IMO lazy planning.thetrellan

LOL, I wouldn't call anything they're doing in this game "enhancing". The visibility sucks in pretty much every event, and often for reasons that don't make sense. Those plumes off the tires I described previously as smoke, well it appears it's actually road spray, yet the roads don't even appear wet. It's so friggin idiotic.

I also don't like that we only get chase and bumper cams. If they didn't want to go th eextra mile that cockpit view takes, they could have at least offered bonnet cam. 

Another thing that is idiotic is the way the chase and destroy feature plays out after winning a race against a Most Wanted rival. They will sometimes get stopped and their car will just disappear. Then when you think you've lost them, the game says, here they are, now go try again. It makes it feel like you don't have to do ANYTING to find them.

#24 Posted by SSS1989 (45 posts) -

I don't like it when Criterion names it "Need For Speed: Most Wanted". They should have called it "Burnout: Fairhaven". As for Hot Pursuit 2010? That should have been called "Burnout: 23109" if anybody knows that police code. Either way, Criterion wants the mechanics to be the same, but I would want it if they follow the mechanics from the past such as Road & Track and Hot Pursuit 1998. So far, they only please the Burnout fans which I like their mechanics for their portfolio. Need For Speed isn't theirs', but why would EA transferring the series to them? They don't know Need For Speed back in the 1990s. I meant, the classic days where there's Ferrari, Mercedes Benz and Dodge on the skidpad. Still, this series needs a huge reset. Whatever Riccitiello is doing now, he doesn't please me no more. I love the series, I do, but he went too far for trying. He sucks, indefinitely.

#25 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

I really think it comes down to EA handing over the reigns for two reasons.

1. They've pissed off some good devs and now they have fewer choices as to which extraneous teams to use.

2. They've so many times either come up with bad ideas or poorly implemeted them in their games, they are now clinging to ideas and fanbases of other team's games.

That's what happens when good teams like Slightly Mad are at their disposal only for them to try and throw their own demented ideas or control on the situation. They've now rebounded out of fear of failure and can't even fathom the common sense to see the most obvious flaws in the games they let Criterion do as they please with.

#26 Posted by BaiorOfRed (2 posts) -
Issues with MW: Multiplayer demolition derby - If I wanted a car combat game I would've bought one. They need way less emphasis on takedowns, make them less easy to accomplish, and reduce the ease to crash by about 20 percent so that racers can actually focus on objectives and driving. Random environmental blinding - I would give up my run-flat tire mod for a "sunglasses" mod anyday. Sunglare, smoke, tunnel glare...ugh. The "wait, I was supposed to turn there?" effect - I am getting more used to it, but I still mess this up at least once every hour of gaming. Usually it's big 4 lane interstates where you are weaving traffic and you miss a car sized exit that's a half mile long on one side.. That's about it. Otherwise this is a pretty fun game. I would of LOVED to see races with cops in persuit (remember the old hot pursuit couch co-op games with this? SO MUCH FUN!), but they never seem to want to put them in. Perhaps a logistical issue? P.S. The Run's multiplayer was actually good. Random car unlocks, fun races, and an awesome car selection. But the feel of the cars and the single player were lackluster at best.
#27 Posted by RobLyon123 (951 posts) -

thetrellan

I imagine it would have been the easiest thing in the world to set this up so the slower cars are the only ones available at first (off-roaders, the Tesla, the custom lightweights), then as you win Most Wanted races the faster cars start showing up.

I gave the game a 4/10 based on it being such a pale imitation of the original - what I can't get is why all the "professional" reviewers are rating it so highly. If you're going to use the name of a classic game, the reboot should be reviewed (at least in part) on how well it lives up to fair expectations based on the original game.

Players are hating on this not as a bad game but as a mediocre game tricking people into thinking it's something it's not by using the original title.

They really shoulda known better - this is a deal-breaker for me - EA was already on my crap-list, now I add: no more Criterion games.

#28 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
ok ya'll where do i start.. First i love this game i for one can drift nearly all the cars at will, i love the fact that the cars are at jackpoints which adds a sense of stealing them. Mods on the fly i'm not sure on likewise how easy it is to get to a repair shop during police chase and change car during police chase. Off road events i have no issue with the weather issue that has been raised else where i don't find a challange. I also love the realistic fact that you go into a tunnel and the exhaust note gets louder i love the fact the police question how you got away after a chase and the fact that there is more effort in th eattempt to find you. The burnout feel doesnt bother me in fact this game also feels like forza horizon. Why can't people stop complaining bout the bad points enjoy the game for what it is and share jackpoints hard to find billboards etc. That said i see it as an evolution of the NFS brand something i lost faith in after prostreet. This is the first one i brought since then i looked at shift and hated it. Unless we got the good life on xbox360 ya'll need to zip ya lips and let your driving and place on the most wanted list do the talkin. I'm 31 and its the first game that i know of that doesn't care what age you are or what your driving skill is so put up (milestones) or shut up
#29 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

ok ya'll where do i start.. First i love this game i for one can drift nearly all the cars at will, i love the fact that the cars are at jackpoints which adds a sense of stealing them. Mods on the fly i'm not sure on likewise how easy it is to get to a repair shop during police chase and change car during police chase. Off road events i have no issue with the weather issue that has been raised else where i don't find a challange. I also love the realistic fact that you go into a tunnel and the exhaust note gets louder i love the fact the police question how you got away after a chase and the fact that there is more effort in th eattempt to find you. The burnout feel doesnt bother me in fact this game also feels like forza horizon. Why can't people stop complaining bout the bad points enjoy the game for what it is and share jackpoints hard to find billboards etc. That said i see it as an evolution of the NFS brand something i lost faith in after prostreet. This is the first one i brought since then i looked at shift and hated it. Unless we got the good life on xbox360 ya'll need to zip ya lips and let your driving and place on the most wanted list do the talkin. I'm 31 and its the first game that i know of that doesn't care what age you are or what your driving skill is so put up (milestones) or shut upenglishcowboy

Hard to feel schooled by someone that has no concept of paragraph structure or correct spelling, but I'll try to stay on topic and address some of your points.

1. It's an arcade game with Criterion's easy as pie drift style where you some much as apply brakes and gas it through a turn and you're drifting. So of course th ecars can be easily drifted, there's basically no sklill to it.

2. Most of the scattered and oft quite senseless jackspots add no realism whatsoever. How many people that own exotic vehicles would just leave them parked somewhere away from civilians where they could be easily stolen?

3. Repair shops can be used on the fly while in races or evading cops and will fully repair the entire car inlcuding popped tires from spike strips. Cars can also drive quite fast even with one rear popped tire and over 80 MPH even with BOTH rear tires popped. Some races I don't even bother equipping self inflating tires if they place reapir shops where needed, because th e cars drive ridiculously fast even with tires blown. Cars can be upgraded at any time, but you need to be far enoug haway from cops to do it before getting busted. Cars can be swapped at any time, but while being pusued you have to drive to the jackspot vs warping there.

4. I have no trouble with off road events, but I'm not sure what you mean by weather, at least sp wise. The game has no weather. Oh wait, maybe you mean road spray from tires affecting visibility when in fact the roads don't even look wet? That IS something that gets annoying at times, and makes no sense whatsoever. That's not the same as the events being tough, it's just that many of the poor visibility gimmicks thrown in make thenm FEEL tough until you play the game the way it forces you to work around it.

5. I'll grant you that the pursuit effort at first does feel more extended and keeps you wondering if they'll find you, that is until you discover that all you need do is find the good hiding places or use the mini map to avoid places where cops spawn in.

6. Cars being louder in tunnels is something most any race game has now.

7. It's not so much that the game has Burnout elements, it's that it leans so heavily that direction vs the original MW that it is practically void of any feeling of MW. MW1 had a story, character development Pursuit Breakers, etc, that made you FEEL like a mischievous street racer causing havoc with the city and working your way up the MW list. This one feels shallow, lifeless and repetitious.

8. Not all of us that don't like it focus only on the parts we don't like. I do like some of the events, cars and parts of the map, but overall this just doesn't feel like a MW game. We could just as easily say why can't you accept that  much of the MW fanbase feel it's a step in the wrong direction.

9. Perhaps most absurd is you start out raving about the easy drifting, then say you hated Shift, then go on to imply those of us that don't like it aren't skilled enough at it. Sounds to me like you're the one that needs an oversimplified arcade game, not us.

#30 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
Firstly paragragh structure is for storybooks this is a forum and as such i will structure my posts how i want. Secondly not everyone is a top rate speller these two points say to me that you lacked enough relevant comments to create the large post that you felt was required wordy posts with little content are about as enjoyable as watching your car get crushed. Right to the point, if you read back through the posts there are complaints at difficulty to drift. There are also people complaining that the spray, weather and dust when off road make the races to hard. Considering since getting my xbox i have been playing forza3 and 4 your comment about needing an oversimplified arcade game are again a little unfounded. You point out that you race without re-inflate tyres due to the location of repair shops and that with enough space you can change to them on the fly. I'm sorry sounds like you whole argument here compliments my own point that the fact mid race you can upgrade your car and repair your car i have already pointed out make things way too easy. The car swap during police chase would be useful if the game took into account that when you are far enough away from the police they would be unaware you had changed cars. As for your comment regarding my mentioning of shift, i feel that prostreet and shift are a hark back to the original need for speeds when the handling was about as useable as a wet cardboard box. That being said the fact that hot pursut is in fact an update of the original hot pursuit and that got away with it tells me your all new to this genre and anything before underground you have no knowledge of. The fact is most wanted does have elements of the original there it has elements of burnout hell it even has a little bit of forza horizon in there. The fact remains instead of dismissing this game as a subrate reboot of an old title this game needs to be treated as a new game if this game was supposed to be linked to the original i am sure it would be called most wanted2 and have a link to reclaiming your top rating due to having been chased out of town.....oh wait that was carbon which i point out ment that undercover did not fit as if you follow the story from underground they follow apart from undercover. quick tip to pull undercover into the story look to the fast and furious films
#31 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Firstly paragragh structure is for storybooks this is a forum and as such i will structure my posts how i want. Secondly not everyone is a top rate speller these two points say to me that you lacked enough relevant comments to create the large post that you felt was required wordy posts with little content are about as enjoyable as watching your car get crushed. Right to the point, if you read back through the posts there are complaints at difficulty to drift. There are also people complaining that the spray, weather and dust when off road make the races to hard. Considering since getting my xbox i have been playing forza3 and 4 your comment about needing an oversimplified arcade game are again a little unfounded. You point out that you race without re-inflate tyres due to the location of repair shops and that with enough space you can change to them on the fly. I'm sorry sounds like you whole argument here compliments my own point that the fact mid race you can upgrade your car and repair your car i have already pointed out make things way too easy. The car swap during police chase would be useful if the game took into account that when you are far enough away from the police they would be unaware you had changed cars. As for your comment regarding my mentioning of shift, i feel that prostreet and shift are a hark back to the original need for speeds when the handling was about as useable as a wet cardboard box. That being said the fact that hot pursut is in fact an update of the original hot pursuit and that got away with it tells me your all new to this genre and anything before underground you have no knowledge of. The fact is most wanted does have elements of the original there it has elements of burnout hell it even has a little bit of forza horizon in there. The fact remains instead of dismissing this game as a subrate reboot of an old title this game needs to be treated as a new game if this game was supposed to be linked to the original i am sure it would be called most wanted2 and have a link to reclaiming your top rating due to having been chased out of town.....oh wait that was carbon which i point out ment that undercover did not fit as if you follow the story from underground they follow apart from undercover. quick tip to pull undercover into the story look to the fast and furious filmsenglishcowboy

I imagine not too many take you too seriously or even bother reading your posts when you don't even understand why proper sentence and paragraph structure is important. You tend to appear as someone with logorrhea whom rattles on incoherently without even knowing it. Paragraphs (and proper sentence structure for that matter), is for ANY text that is written by someone concise and intelligent, not just "storybooks". The first thing they teach you in business is it matters a lot how you convey yourself verbally, and that includes via text. Furthermore only ONE of my points was on word structure and spelling, which was obviously a futile attempt to make chatting with you a bearable read. The majority of responses were about the game and your many senseless and/or confusing comments about it. You tend to vaguely mention a lot of things without clarifying what you mean.

There are ALWAYS complaints on the forums of race games about drifting. It doesn't mean a whole lot when it is said drifting is too difficult on an arcade racer forum. Anyone with the slightlest knowledge of how drifting is actually done can see Criterion has simplified it to be rather easy to do, especially with track tires, which give you a magical boost of speed while drifting. This is also not even the offiicial forum for NFS games. On the EA forums most of the seasoned NFS fans if anything complain of the latest NFS games being too easy, aside from Shift that is, which had more realistic handling. That you found it's handling not "useable" is an indication you were probably clueless how to performance tune the cars properly.

I already addressed the road spray in my last response, and again, it's not the same as "weather" as you call it. The game doesn't really have any weather per se.

Again, the comments about preferring an over simplified game were based on your assesment of Shift, which is now further validated by what you said about it and early Hot Pursuit games having handling not "useable". Like I said it's only useless if you haven't a clue about performance tuning and proper driving techniques.

You were sounding to be asking more than explaining regarding on the fly repairs, as per the "not sure" comment. Again, you are often vague and inconcise.

As far as car swaps, I wasn't arguing the game design but rather explaining how car swaps have to be done, because again, it sounded like you were asking with the "not sure" comment.

Your wanting car swaps during pursuits just because you're out of their view is yet another example of how you want an easy, oversimplified gaming experience, and it tends to negate anything you've said regarding the game being too easy.

LOL, how you think I have no clue that the latest Hot Pusuit is an "update" as you call it to the original. On the official forum of HP 2010 I was one of the ones pointing out that it is in fact very little like the original and more of a bastardized version of it than a continuation of the game. Then again I should think my having already pointed out the realism of Shift's handling and that Criterion has oversimplified things such as drift would be a clue to you that I'm fully aware the latest NFS games pay no homage whatsoever to the handling they used to have in their games.

I never said MW2 has no elements of the original, I said it leans too much toward Burnout and not enough toward MW1. Anyone can see that. Criterion obviously wanted to push their way with it and put most of the features Burnout had, without putting in very many features that MW1 had. Instead of a story, characters, Pursuit Breakers, and Cooldown Spots, we got an intro and ending cutscene, billboards, fences and takedowns. The game is mostly Burnout, not Most Wanted. Criterion made this game without caring at all about the fanbase that loved MW1.

What you don't seem to get is that when a franchise is created under a given name, anything using that name is expected to follow the same theme. It doesn't matter whether it's a continuation of the story or has any of the same characters, the theme is the main point in a title. MW2 doesn't follow the MW theme at all. It's a Burnout theme that tries to fit in a MW theme and it doesn't really work.

The fans aren't fooled by the site review hype either. MW1 scored 82/100 by critics and 76/100 by users on Metacritic. MW2 scores 81/100 by critics and only 44/100 by users. If that's not a clue to you that the game is over hyped and not accepted as a legit MW title, you must be living under a rock.

#32 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
Ok firstly let me address the shift and pro street thing. Pro street the handling is when compaired to forza which i pointed out i play most is very stiff and no real feel to it. That game seriously put me off the NFS brand. Consiquently i only played a demo of shift which if as you clam it had realistic handling was not clear in the demo it came across as an arcade trying to be a simulation. As for your mention of the other forums if i was on those forums i would not be discussing this game here. That aside my own personal view of this game is that i approached with caution there was loads of hype prior to the launch and the criterion thing to me was a concern. When this is coupled with the fact of a second game bearing a name we seen before did cause suspition in my mind of a game that was hoping the name would hide an inferior gameplay and graphics. Now we could all sit here and try to prove each other unable to set parameters for a computer graphic representation of an automobile. However, the fact remains these games are designed for entertainment and will always lack a certain element of the physical world. I can assure you that when you have spent the hours i have tuning cars on forza which require the exact spring settings, ride height, gear ratio, tyre pressure, camber, toe and downforce to stay on the blacktop a game where you mearly have to upgrade the parts is a holiday. As you point out there is a magical jump with the track tyres which to me is really annoying. As a final footnote on things i will structure my posts in a way i am comfortable with. If this means that i miss a link between points due to the fact i am posting quickly or i have posted from a mobile device so be it. I am sure if i got an english examiation offical to read your posts they are not perfect so therefore until you have 100% grammatical perfection don't pick on others.
#33 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

What I'm saying about Shift is it appears you didn't even fully explore all the car tuning options. Forget about Forza, just because you know how to tune a car there doesn't mean you do in Shift. Car tuning in Shift makes a huge difference, and it has a lot more to do with than just how stiff the suspension is set. Toe in, camber, body angle (front height vs rear), tire pressure, suspension rebound rate, etc, etc, all add up to quite a bit of difference.

As for your posts, it's not so much the grammar as the structure, like I said. I and most I've seen chatting on the net can tolerate a lot of slang and grammatical errors, we all make them, but most at least adhere to the use of fairly well structured sentences and paragraphs, vs just plastering an unpunctual wall of text. Why do you think you get such few responses? Most people find it an eyestrain to wade through it, and it makes it hard to even pick pieces out of it to respond to.

#34 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
Like i said after prostreet i only played a demo of shift. The demo i played did not show off the tuning allowed in game. You say forget forza well the tuning list you have mentioned are the same in all simulation racers, which as i have mentioned i play most. The point your have decided to completely over look is that no matter how good a race game is be it simulation or arcade they lack an element of the physical world. I say this due to the fact with 90% of games i try and use cars i have owned and things that work in the real world will not happen in game. The overall point here that you have missed and i feel should be addressed is that instead of hating on this game due to what it does and does not have from the original title and so forth this game should be viewed as an inderpendant title. Finally you need to let the paragraph thing go seriously when you use the spell check on here it alters the paragraphs. You are the only person that to try and gain the upperhand in a debate resort to how the comments have been posted. This i say with complete honesty due to being an avid poster on a forza forum aswell as various other forums for more grown up matters. You are the only person that my typing style bothers
#35 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

Just beat MW car no #5 , i'll say game is definately very challenging as it progresses.

#36 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
In single player i'm #3 on the most wanted list. I got 2 cars to clam but at the moment i am trying to upgrade a few cars. I have yet to figure out what the milestones are for each car yet. Also need to spend more time online gaining a high reputation.
#37 Posted by thomasdfisher (3 posts) -
The run was fantastic fun on line. Most wanted sucks online. I'm going back to the run till something better comes along!!!
#38 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
i know what you mean. All anyone seems to want to do online is crash into you. I keep going back to forza4, its the only game for oval racing that we really have in the U.K. Nearly had the run but never got it in the finish really wish i had brought shift or one of the other not prostreet. My biggest problem with most wanted online is no police chases. I mean can you imagine what it would be like if after a race you had to deal with police? you would have to work together to lose the 5.0
#39 Posted by jollyjoel23 (11 posts) -
I also don't like how it forces me to keep changes cars after the five races ... JasonDarksavior
yeah, thats true
#40 Posted by jollyjoel23 (11 posts) -
Honestly, go with the critics, this is a great game despite some minor downsides like having to change a car every five races and no storyline, plus really easy to evade cops and needed gameplay length between MW races....but over all this a fantastic game, no doubt, get it.
#41 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Like i said after prostreet i only played a demo of shift. The demo i played did not show off the tuning allowed in game. You say forget forza well the tuning list you have mentioned are the same in all simulation racers, which as i have mentioned i play most. The point your have decided to completely over look is that no matter how good a race game is be it simulation or arcade they lack an element of the physical world. I say this due to the fact with 90% of games i try and use cars i have owned and things that work in the real world will not happen in game.englishcowboy
Exactly, you only tried Shift with no tuning, yet you labeled it as having unusable handling. How would you even know? Now you say you wish maybe you'd bought it. All that yet you say I'M the one unfairly labeling this game, even after having played all the way through it and tried most of the main cars and all the upgrades. Point being I don't typically comment on the overall quality of a game until I've played all or at least most of the way through it, which doesn't seem to be the case for you at all.

The overall point here that you have missed and i feel should be addressed is that instead of hating on this game due to what it does and does not have from the original title and so forth this game should be viewed as an inderpendant title.

That's merely your opinion, and based on how you've unfairly labeled and waffeld on Shift, it doesn't bear a lot of weight really. Like I said, Most Wanted is in the titles of the original and this game, and this one does not follow that theme well enough to even justify calling it that. If they wanted it to be viewed as a completely diferent game they should have given it a completely different name. Your own comments on the online play indicate it's too much of a casher Burnout type game to be called Most Wanted.

Finally you need to let the paragraph thing go seriously when you use the spell check on here it alters the paragraphs. You are the only person that to try and gain the upperhand in a debate resort to how the comments have been posted. This i say with complete honesty due to being an avid poster on a forza forum aswell as various other forums for more grown up matters. You are the only person that my typing style bothers

I don't see how you can claim the spell checker is the cause of your using no paragraphs when there are in fact SO many misspelled words in your posts. In fact now that you actually HAVE used paragraphs, I see if anything, LESS misspelled words, so my comments on it obviously did some good. You however don't seem to get that the comments on it have nothing to do with trying to gain the upper hand in this so called debate as you call it. I mean please, as much as I hate debate, at least it has some structure to it. You would be lost in trying to participate in a debate I'm afraid. Lastly, if I'm truly the only one that has EVER taken issue with your unstructred wall of text typing style, that speaks volumes regarding the maturity level of those forums you frequent, so the "grown up matters" comment seems rather out of place.

#42 Posted by englishcowboy (7 posts) -
Ok i know the saying simple thing please simple minds. I know also i am about to leave myself wide open for being ribbed but dang it needs saying. I have yet to find a game with in game music i like. I like rock, country and a few rap tracks. This means that i play my own playlists via my xbox hard drive and have to turn sfx up slightly. However, Most wanted has changed this. There is an option within the settings that allows you to play any playlists saved on your xbox in game including being able to skip through tracks as you would in game music. This is particularly useful when like me you wind up having to play while my kids are up. Like i said simple things i know but dang i love this option
#43 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -

I just HATE that I cant pick one car and use it until the end. It constantly has you switching.

It is not one of those games you can play for hours and hours non stop in my opinion. It is great in short bursts and for going back to when you're playing games like borderlands.

Also, why hasn't criteron been supporting their games like burnout paradise? The whole reason I bought Hot Pursuit ( and loved it ) was because I thought they would have heaps of content after release like BP ( much of which was free, and awesome! )

#44 Posted by ironjohn1989 (11 posts) -

Haha how about the new "cheat" package where they want us to pay $10 to unlock everything, or I could just play the game like its meant to be played. Who is that lazy? Why dont they throw in a couple cars for free at least since its christmas? They didnt even include a lotus or ferrrari in that car pack. Anyone know the reason why they haven't been including ferraris lately? Lose their contract?

#45 Posted by IonescoF (3050 posts) -
Man, I miss the visual customization and the cities with eye candy during night mode from the previous games...
#46 Posted by kulch (1 posts) -
If I wanted a BURNOUT game i would of picked up burnout!!!. The only thing worth praising is the layout of everything. If you could customize your cars like all the other need for speed games this game would be worth it. Whats the deal with high end cars? The whole basis of need for speed is to have **** cars, built to be great. High end cars toward the end of the game, sure. But come on this game has nothing to do with Need for speed. Why Criterion! why! You have ruined the series already. This game should be called Need for Speed Burnout Edition... How unfortunate... 1 star game. Good thing I did not buy this game.
#47 Posted by RobLyon123 (951 posts) -

Bottom line - it's a fun driving/racing game but has nothing to do with NFS:MW other than the presence of cops.

There's a heated debate about the new XCom vs. the original XCom, but in the end the most basic structure of the games are the same - turn-based squad-level tactics. This game uses the NFS:MW name but the basic structure is fundamentally different.

Original NFS:MW game:

-Backstory (with interesting characters, good writing and fun twists)

-Car progression - start weak, get strong

-Car customization - parts and paint BIGTIME

-Pursuit Breakers - environmental debris that could be used to block police

-Cool-down spots - hidden spots with blue markers where cooldown was faster and you were practically invisible to police.

-Amazing music

New NFS:MW game:

-No story period.

-No car progression - drive a Lambo or McLaren right out of the gate.

-No car customization (unless you count the weak parts upgrades, which are the same for every car.

-No Pursuit Breakers

-No Cool-down spots (in the new one I was hiding down a dead-end turn-off in the middle of a tunnel running under a construction site - a cop found me)

-Atrocious music

#48 Posted by MegaMatt91 (462 posts) -
Put 20 hours into the game so I feel I got my money's worth, just have nothing to do now that I am the most wanted. Still, loved the game, totally worth it. However I may not buy critereon's next game for a while, because not only do they all feel the same now, they are not supporting the games after release like the did burnout paradise ( which I LOVED and put 100 hours into )
#49 Posted by onuruca (2873 posts) -
I love the graphics and the sound design of this game , but other than these two i believe it doesn't deserve the 'Most Wanted' title.
#50 Posted by Pooyagharagozlo (21 posts) -

This game was too bad