Evade the cops

#1 Posted by SLOPPY1001 (20 posts) -
Have to say I really like this game and runs great on my PC. Glad they improved the engine volume from NFSHP, love the presentation and attention to detail although I'm having trouble with one of the key parts of the game evading the cops wow it's hard work, I just can't shake them off, end up racing round the whole map while the wanted level increases and then it becomes impossible, managed to lower the level once or twice but by the time Ive shuck them off I find other cop cars seem to spawn sporadically close to the proximity radar only to trigger yet another wanted level grrrrrr Any tips anyone?
#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Did you really NEED to make FOUR threads about this? :roll:

As with past NFS games with cops, it's a simple matter of getting to know the map, cars, car tuning, and just using a lot of left, right, left, right turns, then looking for an out of the way place to park. Keep watch on the mini map and if you see a cop trailing you, pull up farther ahead and park somewhere else. You can also make U turns in tunnel bends and the divider will shield you from their view. I've used rocks in parks to hide behind, dumpsters by repair stations, and large construction pipes for hiding spots.

The main thing is don't panic and just keep going full speed in a straight line and ramming through road blocks. You could get away with that in the last MW if you used pursuit breakers and cool down spots, but without them you have to be a bit more clever.

#3 Posted by SLOPPY1001 (20 posts) -
First up sorry about the repeat threads, kept getting error message after submitting, I've deleted the messages but the threads still exist, help me out admin please. Thanks for the tips, done most of what you have said but still having trouble, Ive escaped them but it was more down to luck than skill, I have read a few other post where players are finding it hard indeed somebody described it as 'ludicrous' lol. I'm not complaining after all its still fun and will certainly keep the life span of my game, I will just have to practice and hopefully I will look back on this post in embarrassment. Thanks again for the reply
#5 Posted by SLOPPY1001 (20 posts) -
OK been on it for about 8 hours now and loving it, sussed out how to evade the cops at long last, it helps once you have completed some races with the same car then upgrade its parts especially nitro, using nitro shakes them off your tail when power sliding around corners. Now that I have worked that out and am more than 50% in, my only disappointment is that the races are going to run out although going back and improving the medals and times is an option. It may have been better if once you win a Most Wanted level race, to then have to take out the opponents car in the first attempt only or get sent back to restart the race, as it is now, the opponents car simply re-spawns when you lose it in some random spot so it's not enough of a challenge and shortens the game life span. All that said, fantastic game, love it.
#6 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

You claimed you had "done most of what I said", then you come back and say you hadn't even applied the most basic of upgrades. I did after all say getting to know the cars and tuning them is a big part of it now didn't I?

For that matter, it should be a common sense thing to apply upgrades to progress well.

The game doesn't have much to it, but regarding upgrades they do offer the right ones when you need them for the next races on the list. It's just a matter of paying attention to the Easy Drive prompts really.

Other than a few challenging races, this game practically plays itself.

#7 Posted by SLOPPY1001 (20 posts) -
Hi again, yeh sorry for the confusion but I missed the tuning thing in your first reply, I was just unlucky and spent too much time in one car without the nitro, so was just trying to evade in straight lines and hide round corners with the engine off which was a fantastic tip may I had, so now as you say the game plays itself by just following the prompts, 10 hours in and up to wanted level 2 and looooooving it. Evading problems, oh why did I ask it's easy lol practice practice practice. Thanks again for the tips, have fun.
#8 Posted by YesButNo (16 posts) -
The cops are easy until heat 6 when the practically invincible SWAT vans come out. But even then, just go over a few jumps, the cops flip and crash. Jumps are basically like the new Pursuit Breakers. When you're in cooldown, you can slow down to a stop and turn your engine off, it makes the cooldown go by very fast. I don't know why everyone complains about the cops though, the original Most Wanted cops were waaaaaay harder. Especially with spike strips that bust you.
#9 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

The cops are easy until heat 6 when the practically invincible SWAT vans come out. But even then, just go over a few jumps, the cops flip and crash. Jumps are basically like the new Pursuit Breakers. When you're in cooldown, you can slow down to a stop and turn your engine off, it makes the cooldown go by very fast. I don't know why everyone complains about the cops though, the original Most Wanted cops were waaaaaay harder. Especially with spike strips that bust you.YesButNo

You say the cops are way easier thsn MW1, yet you see heat level 6? You have to be pretty bad at evading for it to build up that high. Also, on PC anyway, the car just turns itself off after stationary a while. I don't even see a key binding in the menu for "turning it off" as you say.

Anyways, the most common complaints among avid race gamers is not the cops, it's the Burnout theme, repetitious gameplay, and lack of story, characters or progression. Everything comes too fast and easy.

#10 Posted by freddy-a (4 posts) -
On PS3, to turn off your engine, you have to press L3. This turns your engine off instant and the cool down goes much (much much) quicker.
#11 Posted by CallMeDsss (71 posts) -

I find that if I really need to evade the cops, I just jump onto I-92 or the Beltway.

#12 Posted by YesButNo (16 posts) -

[QUOTE="YesButNo"]The cops are easy until heat 6 when the practically invincible SWAT vans come out. But even then, just go over a few jumps, the cops flip and crash. Jumps are basically like the new Pursuit Breakers. When you're in cooldown, you can slow down to a stop and turn your engine off, it makes the cooldown go by very fast. I don't know why everyone complains about the cops though, the original Most Wanted cops were waaaaaay harder. Especially with spike strips that bust you.Frag_Maniac

You say the cops are way easier thsn MW1, yet you see heat level 6? You have to be pretty bad at evading for it to build up that high. Also, on PC anyway, the car just turns itself off after stationary a while. I don't even see a key binding in the menu for "turning it off" as you say.

Anyways, the most common complaints among avid race gamers is not the cops, it's the Burnout theme, repetitious gameplay, and lack of story, characters or progression. Everything comes too fast and easy.

The cops are way easier than MW1, you can actually outrun them, in a straight line, unlike mw1. Yes I see heat 6, that's because on consoles, your friends' pursuit bounties go up on a speedwall, and I beat them, which usually requires about 150k bounty, in which, I guarantee you will reach heat level 6 somewhere in there. Even from heat 6 though, it is easy to evade. Yup, L3 turns your engine off when stationary, on ps3. They must not of been bothered to put it in for PC but yes, you can turn it off. And blah blah blah the most common complaint is not the cops blah blah. DUDE LOOK AT THE THREAD NAME. It's talking specifically about the cops.
#13 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

And blah blah blah the most common complaint is not the cops blah blah. DUDE LOOK AT THE THREAD NAME. It's talking specifically about the cops.YesButNo

LOL, don't need to throw an all caps tantrum. Apparently you didn't notice that this is only ONE thread about cops, and it was made erroneously because the thread author thought they were too hard to evade. Then he got a clue and got some upgrades.

I maintain, the easy cops are not as much a problem as the things I mentioned because even though they are easier to evade than in MW1, they still can keep you on your toes when they interupt races. What happens afterward is more ancillary than anything.

#14 Posted by YesButNo (16 posts) -

[QUOTE="YesButNo"]And blah blah blah the most common complaint is not the cops blah blah. DUDE LOOK AT THE THREAD NAME. It's talking specifically about the cops.Frag_Maniac

LOL, don't need to throw an all caps tantrum. Apparently you didn't notice that this is only ONE thread about cops, and it was made erroneously because the thread author thought they were too hard to evade. Then he got a clue and got some upgrades.

I maintain, the easy cops are not as much a problem as the things I mentioned because even though they are easier to evade than in MW1, they still can keep you on your toes when they interupt races. What happens afterward is more ancillary than anything.

I'm sorry if you misinterpreted that caps sentence, but it wasn't a caps tantrum, it was expressive language. 'Apparently I didn't notice..' That has nothing to do with the fact there is one thread about cops. First you talk about how people are complaining about other features and now, you are talking about how this thread is only about cops? Make up your mind.