Customisation

#1 Posted by Vainajalla (2 posts) -
please tell me this game will have customisation it has been missing from the last few nfs's but as i can tell from the trailer it won't, and enough of the high end sports cars bring back the supra rx-7 skyline r34, Hopefully the blacklist will be back too and its just a rework not a sequel?
#2 Posted by TURDFURGUNSON (1 posts) -

I feel the same way please bring back customization it aint Need For Speed without customizing your car all the others Ive played that didnt have customization wasnt the Need For Speed Thats fun to play and see how good and fast you can make your car so I hope they bring back that in the game also.

#3 Posted by jsobc (245 posts) -

I feel the same way please bring back customization it aint Need For Speed without customizing your car all the others Ive played that didnt have customization wasnt the Need For Speed Thats fun to play and see how good and fast you can make your car so I hope they bring back that in the game also.

TURDFURGUNSON

The original NFS's didn't have any customization, and they were a blast! Simple arcade racers that had the best tracks ever! 

#4 Posted by blackjoker86 (68 posts) -

yea i agree back then it was a blast but people got introduced to customization and people loved it and one of the games that had the best was need for speed

#5 Posted by Trollol56 (341 posts) -

I hope they will have a garage or customisation, i dont think the game will be as good without it

#6 Posted by willkirkland (225 posts) -
customization? sure!!! in the form of DLCs and you all will buy it...
#7 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

[QUOTE="TURDFURGUNSON"]

jsobc

The original NFS's didn't have any customization, and they were a blast! Simple arcade racers that had the best tracks ever! 

Indeed, and I'm glad they're focusing on bringing the series at least a bit closer to its roots.

There seem to be two types of NFS fans; those who loved the old games (especially Hot Pursuit and Porshe Unleashed), and those who believe that NFS started with Underground.

#8 Posted by draxrpg (22 posts) -

So no clues yet about customization?

Not that is a trusted source but Wikipedia says will be possible to alter the cars.

"The cars can be altered with performance upgrades, such as paint colors, wheels, suspensions, engine, nitrous, and bodywork (like enforces heavy body that punches through roadblocks).

#9 Posted by ICELegit (36 posts) -

there will be no customization in this NFS.
they said in a interview that they wanted to bring back the old NFS when you didnt care about the looks of the car but just driving the car.
they said they wanted to forus more on the game play and online instead of being able to customize your car.

#10 Posted by draxrpg (22 posts) -

they said in a interview that they wanted to bring back the old NFS when you didnt care about the looks of the car but just driving the car.
they said they wanted to forus more on the game play and online instead of being able to customize your car.

ICELegit

Thank you the information Ice. That is sad, I don't understand why we can't have all in this NFS, everything they said plus the customization.

#11 Posted by acidhand999 (3 posts) -
one of the best NFS for me in recent memory was Hot Pursuit, which had no customization. The driving was slick and the game play addicting. If this one retains any of what Hot Pursuit had I'm pretty sure it will be an awesome game regardless if there is a lack of car customization.
#12 Posted by blitxxx1981 (87 posts) -

Ummm... wrong answer....

There are "limited" customizations availiable, though only performance upgrades, and they can be installed or uninstalled ANYTIME you are free roaming.

#13 Posted by chicken9stikk (13 posts) -
the best nfs was the original. underground was awesome and most wanted (the first one) was trilling to say the least but my favorite ones are: unleashed, high stakes, underground and most wanted (the original). until underground nfs wasn't at all a customization racer (although it's fun to do) which now gives nfs 2 types of fans: those really wanting full on customization and those that don't really care if it's there or not. i just want a good game i can enjoy like grid by codemasters......arcade as hell but fun. having to restart a race 15 times is my idea of replay value. i gave them a chance and they blew it so i'm done with them.....waiting for grid 2......YEA!!!!!!
#14 Posted by chicken9stikk (13 posts) -
[QUOTE="ICELegit"]

[/QUO and they will continue to say those things because they're a bunch of retards that don't stay connected with their fan base. if i have to drive to each location for the first time then at least you do is have everyone race to the start and the order in which you arrive is the order you start (always in last isn't fun). the last time i checked people (enough of them) love customization and love it so much that they hours doing that alone so why not include it and when was the last time some just got in car and raced without wanting to do something to it (add a radio, different tires, get a ragtop, exhausts or something. and the open world only works if there 1 or 2 check points not 8.
#15 Posted by jchc_underoath (158 posts) -

I agree that customization isn't altogether necessary, but with a game like this where it's all about street racing, customization seems pretty important. It would be different if the actual driving was aced out and buttoned up, but it's just simply not so. For instance, I would accept a racer like Forza to have no customization at all, given the fact that the actual racing mechanics are tight and crisp. This game has neither realistic/fun driving controls or any type of customization. In otherwords, there's no hook to buying the game, other than the fact that it has Need for Speed in the title of the game, which is a real disservice to the fanbase, in my opinion.