Cant control the Car

#1 Posted by bondsaha (5 posts) -
it is very tough to control the cars.....car got slipped all time...what is the tricks??Help
#2 Posted by Tviper7 (413 posts) -

Lookup a few Burnout fan sites on web, they will have info you seek about how to come to terms with crapterians horrible handling model someone posted a guide to drifting/ and being fast for hot pursuit 2010 but since it was on the old ea forums for HP2010 which have been removed from ea's website. I cant find it or I would link for you but it seperated the kinds of drifts and how to iniate them also way to attain the fastest times & proper nitrous usage. What your experiencing rightnow is criterion's delibrate steering deadzones, don't worry as u locate better cars it will get better but it won't entirely go away, this is a burnout game if they removed this key feature it would break the game by cutting down the amount crashing, wrecking, drifting and takedowns effectively making it utter bore to play for the uninitiated,  just like previous need for speeds including the originals and especially "undercover"

#3 Posted by Tviper7 (413 posts) -

it is very tough to control the cars.....car got slipped all time...what is the tricks??Helpbondsaha
also pay close attention to your gps map/ and short cuts learn them and be confident in your steering with the deadzone delay you do not have time to 2nd guess your steering inputs its all or nothing the COD mods for each car might also help  race tires chasis etc.

#4 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

Lookup a few Burnout fan sites on web, they will have info you seek about how to come to terms with crapterians horrible handling model someone posted a guide to drifting/ and being fast for hot pursuit 2010 but since it was on the old ea forums for HP2010 which have been removed from ea's website. I cant find it or I would link for you but it seperated the kinds of drifts and how to iniate them also way to attain the fastest times & proper nitrous usage. What your experiencing rightnow is criterion's delibrate steering deadzones, don't worry as u locate better cars it will get better but it won't entirely go away, this is a burnout game if they removed this key feature it would break the game by cutting down the amount crashing, wrecking, drifting and takedowns effectively making it utter bore to play for the uninitiated,  just like previous need for speeds including the originals and especially "undercover"

Tviper7

I don't think you've ever played a Burnout game. The clear distinction between grip and initiating drifts with a tap of the brake is certainly in the style of the Burnout series, but that wacky deadzone steering lag is a NFS trademark, and it's exactly what I don't like about this game either.

The Burnout games have always had very deep and precise driving mechanics, which were especially noticable if you were a high-level player; this game's handling, however, is rather diluted as they mixed in some NFS series mechanics that don't fit with the game and it ruins the experience (like with Hot Pursuit as well). If the handling was exactly like Burnout Paradise, it would be a much better game.

#5 Posted by Tviper7 (413 posts) -

[QUOTE="Tviper7"]

Shadow128

I don't think you've ever played a Burnout game. The clear distinction between grip and initiating drifts with a tap of the brake is certainly in the style of the Burnout series, but that wacky deadzone steering lag is a NFS trademark, and it's exactly what I don't like about this game either.

The Burnout games have always had very deep and precise driving mechanics, which were especially noticable if you were a high-level player; this game's handling, however, is rather diluted as they mixed in some NFS series mechanics that don't fit with the game and it ruins the experience (like with Hot Pursuit as well). If the handling was exactly like Burnout Paradise, it would be a much better game.

I don't know about Paradise, but all earlier NFS games never had deadzone problems arcades except for the original Road/Track prensents NFS, which was a blend of Arcade/Sim after that up until Porche Unleased the handling in Hot Pursuit 1 & 2, Highstakes on Playstation was spot on the PC/Xbox/kiddecube ports of Hot Pursuit 2 were developed by different EA developement studio, that why games framerates visuals and gameplay where off, after that EA immediately fired that team after review scores suffered on those platforms EA BlackBox became the darlings of EA all the Way Up until Undercover.

Porsche Unleashed, I never played extensively @ the time because it was all porsches which I kinda of hate, but I heard it felt kinda sim and like no NFS games before it so I'm not sure if it had deadzones or not. NFS Underground 1 & 2 I never noticed any Deadzones whatsoever NFS UD1 was loose cause it always seemed like you were always racing on wet streets. NFS Most wanted 2005 no Deadzones either, now the drag race modes on both games had slot car system which could have been misinterpeded for deadzones. Carbon seemed spot on as well, now Prostreet I'll give you it had some serious issues in the steering department mostly due to physics engine failing miserably, NFS shift 1 pretty responsive,  Shift 2 not so much both Slighty Mad Studios and entirely differently handling model than the Core Series we all use to know and love.

I'll admit BlackBox made some major mistakes but purposely programming deadzones into there handling model wasn't one of the them. I played the run i didn't really experience dead zones the cars rears to tended to lag behind the front. I really don't know why criterian would have found it neccessary to add those 2010 HP or 2012 MW besides the reasons I've mentioned EA didn't hold a gun to there heads... there developement experience has never been based in reality so I'd image you could make car in burnout handle anyway you want and nobody cared, hyper slow, hyper fast, steering in crapterians "vision" a vehicles primary use is to be a weapon/drift vessel first and car 2nd considering that I'd assume they program whatever fictional vehicle they made to meet this criteria. I owned another one of there earliest games on the Sega Dreamcast it Was Called Suzuki Alstare Racing it was a motorbike game. I think it was there only attempt ever @ implementing a real life licenses into there game up until EA handed NFS over to them in 2010  so really I guess I'd half to take your word on your interpetation of the handling on BP and previous burnouts...

#6 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

I'll admit BlackBox made some major mistakes but purposely programming deadzones into there handling model wasn't one of the them. I played the run i didn't really experience dead zones the cars rears to tended to lag behind the front. I really don't know why criterian would have found it neccessary to add those 2010 HP or 2012 MW besides the reasons I've mentioned EA didn't hold a gun to there heads... there developement experience has never been based in reality so I'd image you could make car in burnout handle anyway you want and nobody cared, hyper slow, hyper fast, steering in crapterians "vision" a vehicles primary use is to be a weapon/drift vessel first and car 2nd considering that I'd assume they program whatever fictional vehicle they made to meet this criteria. I owned another one of there earliest games on the Sega Dreamcast it Was Called Suzuki Alstare Racing it was a motorbike game. I think it was there only attempt ever @ implementing a real life licenses into there game up until EA handed NFS over to them in 2010  so really I guess I'd half to take your word on your interpetation of the handling on BP and previous burnouts...Tviper7

EA made Slightly Mad Studios adjust the handling in their engine to give it a more "NFS" feel; now that they've parted from EA they're making a more proper sim (Project CARS). So I wouldn't put it past EA to dictate some features to Criterion, this is to be expected from any publisher that is giving an established title to a different studio.

Criterion has always put gameplay before reality, which made Burnout a really solid racer that was easily played competitively; Burnout is like the Unreal Tournament of the racing genre, which is what I loved about it, they offered a very romanticised view of vehicle handling. This game just falls flat because they attempted to add some of that NFS feel into a formula that they've already perfected (which I was worried that they would do to this after playing Hot Pursuit).

I do remember their motorbike game, though I played it as "Redline Racer" on the PC; didn't become a fan of their work until the first Burnout game though. I had fun with BLACK as well.

#7 Posted by Steve_LowBill (81 posts) -
So is there a way to adjust this steering deadzone up to a level you feel fit to it or we gonna have to forget about this ? Cause apart from everything else , handling the car is the only one thing which is frustrating me and will probably drag me away from further playing . I think it's a way better game comparing to the releases between MW1 and MW2 . It looks actually really good . It's just the steering which I find as weakness .
#8 Posted by Shadow128 (627 posts) -

So is there a way to adjust this steering deadzone up to a level you feel fit to it or we gonna have to forget about this ? Cause apart from everything else , handling the car is the only one thing which is frustrating me and will probably drag me away from further playing . I think it's a way better game comparing to the releases between MW1 and MW2 . It looks actually really good . It's just the steering which I find as weakness .Steve_LowBill
Same here; the steering mechanics are killing the whole game for me. I haven't found any way to adjust it either. Maybe someone will mod it on PC, but I can't see any such options on the console versions.

#9 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Criterion have always had a boost-gimmicked handling model. By that I mean the cars actually slide less in corners while boosting. In Burnout Paradise it was really obvious. In this game, not as much. You CAN technique it to a degree via carefully tapping the steer buttons/keys, coast steering, and avoiding gas when not straight and boostin gwhen straight, but on the Hard events, you're going to have to use boost well.

I don't think I'd have much of a problem even with the less on rails boost vs BP, despite playing on KB, were it not for the yo yoing acceleration and steering caused by the horrid lack of optimization. The sluggish steering response (even on KB) is bad enough without it, but the two combined just make the handling feel even more ridiculous.

Severe CtDs that lock up my system and require a hard reboot is the main reason I've shelved the game for now, but the craptastic optimization making some of the events very hard to win with that yo yoing is a close second to that.

#10 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Forgot to say that getting the right cars can make quite a difference too. Once I got the Tesla the driving got easier. The Mercedes AMGs also handle fairly well and are fast. The Audi Spyder handles even better though, esp once upgraded. The Caterham has good control and speed, but isn't very tough.