forget everything you have heard. Killzone 3 is an FPS that is surpassed by none
arbitor365 wrote this review on .
- the controls. At first I was skeptical about them changing the controls to a more COD like fluidity. I liked the weighty, realistic feel of KZ2. However, these controls do make the game alot more fast paced. Thankfully the realism isnt entirely lost. It has a perfect balance.
- the visual and cinematic presentation of the campaign. Killzone 2's campaign was a masterpiece. it brought you to amazing locations, had great atmosphere, lots of tension, lots of things going on, good pacing, lots of good grit and weather effects, and a breathtakingly massive scale. KZ3 manages to improve upon it, making it the most visually impressive game so far this gen. it combines diverse locations, brilliant level design and everything that was amazing about the previous installment. With the 3d aspect added to the mix, this game blows everything out of the water. I guarantee that it will stun you.
- The enemy AI is very tactical and presents a very authentic, challenging aspect to the game.
- The story is well paced and has some memorable, well acted villains. Rico and Sev, characters that for some reason many people dislike, have really come into their own and they are really fleshed out in this game. they are pretty likable in my eyes. The story isn't deeply moving but it is presented well, paced well, well acted, original, filled with numerous twists, and enjoyable to sit through. It works more as a political/wartime drama than a character study and it is effective in its job. Forget all the negative nonsense you have heard about it.
- the "kill moves" in this game not only add a very cool, visceral feel to the campaign; they also allow for some very satisfying kills in the online multiplayer. It is alot more fair, in my opinion, for melee attacks to kill in 1 hit, and I also think its fair that you can't just whip out your knife and make a kill-stab in a matter of a second (yes im referring to you, COD). You are able to kill in one hit, but you must remember that you leave yourself open. I think that this is how melee should be handled.
- If you recall, the music in KZ2 was brilliant. once again, the score is superb. definitely on of the best this gen.
- the destructible environments are even more detailed and dynamic than they were in the last entry.
- the online multiplayer takes everything that people liked about KZ2's multiplayer and built upon it. The "operations" missions are something that we havent seen before. there really isnt anything like them.
buy this game. it is an experience that no gamer should be denied.