The best in the series

User Rating: 8.5 | Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 PS2
Gameplay: UN3 is by far the best in the series. It allows far more move mix ups and character upgrades from the last game to make it more compettive. I'm not going to get into the technical jargon, but there is many gameplay factors that make the match more fun and quicker, and that's not only from the increasement in gameplay speed. The AI is also better in this version and it seems like the later games actually degraded the AI.

Graphics: It's an upgrade from UN2, like UN2 was from 1, but not a major revamp. The cell graphics still look fantastic though.

Storyline: I kind of enjoyed the ultimate contest storyline although there isn't much going on afterwards. It wasn't rid deep in plot either. Just a filler that was stuffed in to the series... but it didn't seem all that out of place... although the OAV that came with the Japanese version made far less sense, since dead characters or enemy characters that weren't sppose to make an appearence make a guest appearence within it anyways. The hero's history seemed a bit rushed, since it skipped over some major battles, but it included all the sound ninja battles, which were my favorites of the last arc. The stories were slightly different as well, if they were to be compared to the anime or manga, such like kmimaro dying whle in his normal form, instead of in his CS level 2 form. Maybe I'm just picky, but small things like that annoy me.

Over all this game is still the best in the series and the next few games, although with a few new gimmicks and some new characters, still doesn't match the gameplay of number 3.