character roster

#1 Posted by eddieonepiece (177 posts) -

the character select screen confuses me because idk who the square beneath kankuro is suppose to represent and who the squares next to ino are suppose to represent.  another thing that ponders me is the fact that there are so many konoha squares, the one thing i have figured out is that there are support only characters which are represented by the light blue squares, they are the 5 kage summit supports minus darui b/c now he is playable.  i also hope for the 7 ninja swordsmen and mu and the 2nd mizukage and the 4th kazekage and 3rd raikage and madara are all playable but what do u think and here is the link for the character select screen so u can see what i was talking about.

images.saiyanisland.com/showphoto.php?photo=11556

#2 Posted by evagelios (52 posts) -

I think the one beneath kankuro could be Naruto's mother. I'm a fan but not TOO knowledgable on the subject. But it wouldnt be too far fetched for her to be in the roster... OR... Now that I think on it, isnt that the hashirama crest? So the first hokage, second hokage, or someone related to them.

#3 Posted by Tidus1012 (412 posts) -

I saw the character select screen image, there are a total of 87 playable characters (all playable), the blue squares are meant for the jinchurukis, except for Naruto.

#4 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

The final roster sucks.  Madara isn't enough to make me happy.  There are far too many interesting characters that are not in.

#5 Posted by sophap (1545 posts) -

having alot of rosters cool, but they should've done like the old ultimate ninja series and give everyone like 2 ultimate ougi. or let them be interchangeable like most of the main. 

i mean like we get no drunken fist lee, neiji doesn't do 128 palms! sasuke doesn't do phoenix flower jutsu, etc. at least add them in their combos or just give them these ultimate jutsu that cc created themselves in the ps2 games.

they should've kept ougi like in the ps2 versions, but make it that you have to charge your chakra bar that amount of time in order to use the next ougi, say naruto has 3 ougi, charge once wil give you like cool odama rasengan, charge it full to second bar gives you rasen shuriken, charge it full 3 gives you kyubi bomb.

#6 Posted by Oldboy08 (1499 posts) -

I hope they haven't taken away the 1st and 2nd hokages. If they did I will be pissed. Roster should be fun to play with though. If some other characters like haku and zabuza go, I could care less. Just give my as many kages as possible.

#7 Posted by Swedish_Chef (617 posts) -
For those that have seen some of this game, can you pick from the giant roster and play the game through with that character or can you only do bits and pieces with most of them? I'm not really a fan of Naruto himself, but when I read that this had like 80 some-odd playable characters it had me interested.
#8 Posted by RulingPreditor (17 posts) -

I hope they haven't taken away the 1st and 2nd hokages. If they did I will be pissed. Roster should be fun to play with though. If some other characters like haku and zabuza go, I could care less. Just give my as many kages as possible.

Oldboy08

Both the 1st and 2nd Hokages are playable characters in multiplayer. There's roughly 90 playable characters for multiplayer. Pretty much every major and minor character in the 4th Great Ninja War Arc is playable in this game. It's going to be amazing.

#9 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

For those that have seen some of this game, can you pick from the giant roster and play the game through with that character or can you only do bits and pieces with most of them? I'm not really a fan of Naruto himself, but when I read that this had like 80 some-odd playable characters it had me interested. Swedish_Chef

ITS ALL A LIE!!!!  I wish it was true; but that was a lie.  Especially since five plus of the characters are support only.  And rebalanced and rehashed PTS characters make a return to waste valuable space.   Mah.

#10 Posted by Oldboy08 (1499 posts) -

That is awesomely great news. I will sink in a lot of time getting my platinum for this game. Very excited.

#11 Posted by vengefulwilberg (1636 posts) -

[QUOTE="Oldboy08"]

RulingPreditor

Both the 1st and 2nd Hokages are playable characters in multiplayer. There's roughly 90 playable characters for multiplayer. Pretty much every major and minor character in the 4th Great Ninja War Arc is playable in this game. It's going to be amazing.

I just wish the 1st Hokage wasn't so underwhelming moves wise.  I mean his moveset isn't as awesome as it should be.  He is known as the God of Shinobi; but his moveset really doesn't quite live up to that.  Despite the bull CC2 pulled I am still looking forward to playing a new Naruto game.