User Rating: 9.5 | Mortal Kombat: Shinken Kourin Densetsu GEN
The good: Gory, bloody game-play can be accessed via blood code, soundtrack is shockingly better than the Super Nintendo version, spooky backgrounds and detailed environments
The bad: Graphics are bland compared to the Snes version

Game-play: 10/10
Graphics: 7/10
Sound: 10/10
Value: 10/10
Tilt: 10/10

Average Score: 9.5/10

If you've ever played the Snes version of Mortal Kombat, it's a joke. If you've played the Genesis version, it ain't no joke. Genesis Does what Nintendon't can definitly be used here, because the game actually has blood using a code. The Genesis version is actually everything the Snes version should've been, but wasn't. Nintendo learned their lessons in the next game. I have no idea how Acclaim actually made a good game! The 12th best genesis game is without a doubt addictive gory fun

I really don't need to go over basic details of the characters or game-play, but I'll say that there are 7 characters, including Shang Tsung, Johnny Kage, Sub-zero, and Scorpion, and they can perform many fatalities. This proves ultimate arcade style fun, espicially since the Snes didn't have anything! The locations are awesome, you'll fight on top of spike pits, shrines, tons of locations.

The graphics are good, but somewhat outdated compared to the crappy snes version's. However, the backgrounds look heavily detailed and the unique fatalities in each stage look so disturbing! I listened to the Genesis soundtrack before the snes's, and it's so much better, shocking because the sound on the Snes is superior. The music is incredibly catchy, espicially the title theme. The Snes is lame!

Overall, Mortal Kombat on the Genesis is just like the Snes version, except it's gory fun. Sega is awesome when it comes to fighting ports, and this port does not lie at all.