Frustrated!

#1 Posted by faragon70 (38 posts) -

new to the series and am really trying to keep an open mind..I never have an idea when to try and trap a monster. I always end up killing it and failing the trap quest, hence wasted damn time..is there a trcik im just not picking up.. the intructions on how to play this game are extremely limited..any contructive criticism would be appreciated

#2 Posted by BrettKillingsly (270 posts) -

When the monster starts to limp trap him, then hit him with tranq bombs.

#3 Posted by Malicx (70 posts) -

I'm new to the game also I got lucky and the people I hunted with traped the thing for me. This game is addictive when you get the hang of it . I cant stop playing!

#4 Posted by GhostGK (8 posts) -

the intructions on how to play this game are extremely limited..

faragon70

If u actually read the dialouge with other people, and gather info urself (totally in the game), and experiment some stuffs, u'll get the hang of this.. It's not one of those action game that u can win juz by buttom smaching..

#5 Posted by GhostGK (8 posts) -

I'm new to the game also I got lucky and the people I hunted with traped the thing for me. This game is addictive when you get the hang of it . I cant stop playing!

Malicx

Finally someone who gets!! Noob to MH series tend to undervalue what a real games this is.. Glad u're not one of them.. :D

#6 Posted by GhostGK (8 posts) -

I never have an idea when to try and trap a monster..

faragon70

Well, U could try putting on Bone Armor Full Set.. If u wear that, U can tell if u can trap the monster or not by color of the monster on map..

If it's white, u're good to go.. But, That's totally unnessary, u can tell if the monster is limping yet by watching closely, esp when it changes areas..

#7 Posted by Rovelius (3054 posts) -

Hit the monster until it limps. Lay a trap. Lure the monster to the trap. Throw tranqs. Flex out of victory.

All monsters limp before death, even underwater ones. But sometimes they don't have the time to do so and die, either because they were enraged, hungry or just stunned...not much you can do about this unless you wear an armor thart grants the Tranquillizer Guru skill which makes the monster icon flash white on the map (if it's paintballed)

#8 Posted by Yours-Is-Green (2 posts) -

I was new too and struggled with trapping. Just beat on it until it limps and makes strange sounds while leaving the area. Follow it to the next area. Set up trap and hit it in the face with 2-3 traq bombs. Also if you don't see it leave the area but you come upon it sleeping it's ready to trap. You can also bring materials to make additional traps in case you mess up on the first one (mats are thunderbug and trap making box). You get alot more rewards for trapping because it's a bit tricky. Once you get the hang of it it isn't so bad.

#9 Posted by Rovelius (3054 posts) -

You get alot more rewards for trapping because it's a bit tricky. Once you get the hang of it it isn't so bad.

Yours-Is-Green

Not always ^^ some monsters actually give more rewards on kill.

#10 Edited by fundude365 (59 posts) -

Unrelated to topic, but totally related to topic title: 23 zinogres and I still can't make the full armour set! They just won't drop jaspers! I kill them, I break their horns I have maximum drop chance and nothing. The really galling part is that my friend joined me for eight of my hunts, he now has full Zinogre armour and a weapon to boot! Why is trading completely ruled out under all circumstances?!