MLB The Show '13 ideas

#1 Posted by t_eddy52 (9 posts) -

I think a more interactive RTTS would be cool. Being able to interact with teammates on the field and talk with other players during BP. Also be able to walk around in the clubhouse and all that. I think MLB 2k did well with the batter walk-up from the on-deck circle. Just a more interactive feel would be cool. I think it would give people an insight to what it's like to play on a professional ball club, both minor and major leagues. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by pantyhoselover (129 posts) -

i know i am beating a dead horse to the ground but they got to put the real faces on the rookies that get called during the season because it feels like i am playing an outdated game and its only a month into the season.Can they at least have accurate faces on veterans that didnt play the previous season.Also why do some players have their real faces in the game one year and have generic faces the next like josh donaldson on the oakland authletics?

#3 Posted by bretttyker03 (0 posts) -
online league feature that would be a really good feature you could have min of 2 players on a team and max of 9-11(relief pitchers) and you have stats and stuff like that
#5 Posted by gil_rod11a (1 posts) -
MLB 12 the show looks amazing, feels great, and plays smoother than any other baseball game in history. There is one horrible glaring hole in the game that prevents it from being the masterpiece of simulation hardball it can be.... the announcers. My God these guys sound horrible. It's made even worse by how polished everything else about this game is! Look at MLB 2K, they have the opposite problem, terrible presentation but phenomenal audio. Come on guys fix this thing already! Get a couple of guys who can do a decent job of calling a game without putting you to sleep. It has been going on for far too long. You guys can do better...this game deserves better.
#6 Posted by dougiefresh7 (2 posts) -

It would be really cool if in RTTS you could be featured on the cover of magazines and get sponsered by brands like nike, or adidas. Rtts should also have more interaction like post game interviews, I think they should also let you walk around the clubhouse and talk to different player or the manager in third person camera, and when you are ready to play you walk out the door and onto the field.

#7 Posted by Generic_Dude (11707 posts) -
I think they ought to throw some gonzo unlockables in there... make special pitches available for exhibition games like a fireball pitch or something, maybe let you monkey with physics settings (moon physics, double gravity, etc.) or have unlockable skins that turn all of the ballplayers into beach bunnies or robots. Also, more classic stadiums and uniforms (playing as Washington Senators or Boston Braves or Houston Colt 45s or something). Maybe a fantasy stadium or two, like a Space Dome or something or playing at the field in Cooperstown, or maybe a sandlot or something to pay homage to where these guys are getting their starts. Maybe an add-on that added Japanese teams (Pacific and Central Leagues) and stadiums, or teams from the Mexican league like the Dorados de Chihuahua or the Carribean teams where many of our MLB guys come from.
#8 Posted by BurtTheBandit (0 posts) -
I would LOVE that. I've been playing The Show since '06 and the RTTS has gotten better but that would be extremely cool.
#9 Posted by Tetris1993 (1 posts) -
I think that in MLB the show 13 it ahow have these new features RTTS: no age limit on playing, I was forced to retire at 45 when i had 680 career wins and over 6800 strikeouts RTTS: able to have long hair on players RTTS: able to play in all levels of the minor leagues including Class A Update Uniform changes and Roster Changes more often for the cover of the game it should be who ever gets the AL Cy Young award ab to use the previous years all star roster in exhibition mode add more add on stadiums like the astrodome
#10 Posted by mrm008 (6 posts) -
I have been a long time fan of this series. I am begging you guys to make the celebrations more worth it! The endings are so tacky and have been the same for years. For example: Winning the world series should show them with the championship t-shirts on, show them holding the trophy up in the air, show the MVP holding the trophy up, show the celebration in the locker room, the parade through the city. I play a long series (I don't sim) and all that work for a tacky celebration (your better than that). Also, someone breaks a record and all they do is wave to the crowd for a few seconds. Show the other team cheering for the player (showing respect); have the camera pan over to the tron and show the picture of the player and what he has accomplished. Just make it more worth it. Whats the point of it all, if all you see in the end is the pitcher being carried off the field (when was the last time that happened? Only after a perfect game or something; not a world series). Your all about being realistic, then focus a little more on the celebrations. Make it worth all the hard work. Another thing that ticks me off. Allow me to restart a game without having to turn off my Ps3 when I mess up. I am sure i'm not the only guy that plays this game where when we mess up (give up a walk off or bat 0 for 4 with 4 strikeouts) I would like to restart the game without restarting the system (Hint: NCAA Football road to glory allows you to do that). Overall, Great series. Just work on the celebrations (make it worth while). Allow us to restart when we mess up without having to quit the game. Also, The more variety of accessories the better when creating a player (RTTS). Also, let us pick the teams uniforms for the love of god in RTTS. I never know when the retro jerseys are coming out and it would be cool to put my socks up when that happens. Whats the harm in choosing the jerseys in RTTS?
#12 Posted by mrm008 (6 posts) -
Also, allow us to be able to transfer our RTTS player to the new version. I don't know about everyone else but it really sucks to have to start all over again every single year. It gets old. Let us keep our player and their stats and move them to the new game if we want. Let us continue the journey with our player while still getting to experience the new accessories and improvements.
#13 Posted by mrm008 (6 posts) -
T_Eddy52: Awesome Idea
#14 Posted by Rios_17 (1 posts) -
Please guys im a big fan of baseball and i think if would be really cool if you guys put some interaction in RTTS. For example talk to your teammates in the clubhouse, during practice and in the dugouts during the game. Also if you had a good game you can get an interview and it has a list of different responses that will either raise your team chemistry and fan support or lower it. Before games I think it would be cool if you can sign autographs too. Also when your in the dugout you can give players high fives if they do something good. Just some improvements that could really make RTTS better and put the feeling of being a MLB player to life.
#15 Posted by Lorenzoeperez12 (1 posts) -
New announcers, more players and movement/ reactions to plays of the game. Trainers and bat boys and coaches. No homerun derby put make own stadium instead. Main ( new announcers, wild card playoffs and in regular season mode playoffs don't start at night time or 7:00 have different times, shadows in playoffs, louder fans and interaction, empty seats in some games, playoff or elimination games have all the team come out and no dog piles new playoffs gear ,celebrations in club house or interviews of star players, different announcers for different games 2 different groups at least, ( tony gwynn, joe buck, braves announcer, or vin scully would be cool). Infielders take more hop to throw ball and catcher moves gloves all over plate or set up.
#16 Posted by UmadBro96 (1 posts) -
I think in mlb 13 they should put in real brands such as Under Armour, Nike, Evoshield, Rawlings, Oakley, etc. in rtts they should add more hair styles like mohawks(which i dont see why we dont have them seens some of the players already have them. also have some type of money system to be able to buy bats, gloves, cleats, and other accesoriess.
#17 Posted by earlboykins_11 (1484 posts) -

I have been a long time fan of this series. I am begging you guys to make the celebrations more worth it! The endings are so tacky and have been the same for years. For example: Winning the world series should show them with the championship t-shirts on, show them holding the trophy up in the air, show the MVP holding the trophy up, show the celebration in the locker room, the parade through the city. I play a long series (I don't sim) and all that work for a tacky celebration (your better than that). Also, someone breaks a record and all they do is wave to the crowd for a few seconds. Show the other team cheering for the player (showing respect); have the camera pan over to the tron and show the picture of the player and what he has accomplished. Just make it more worth it. Whats the point of it all, if all you see in the end is the pitcher being carried off the field (when was the last time that happened? Only after a perfect game or something; not a world series). Your all about being realistic, then focus a little more on the celebrations. Make it worth all the hard work. Another thing that ticks me off. Allow me to restart a game without having to turn off my Ps3 when I mess up. I am sure i'm not the only guy that plays this game where when we mess up (give up a walk off or bat 0 for 4 with 4 strikeouts) I would like to restart the game without restarting the system (Hint: NCAA Football road to glory allows you to do that). Overall, Great series. Just work on the celebrations (make it worth while). Allow us to restart when we mess up without having to quit the game. Also, The more variety of accessories the better when creating a player (RTTS). Also, let us pick the teams uniforms for the love of god in RTTS. I never know when the retro jerseys are coming out and it would be cool to put my socks up when that happens. Whats the harm in choosing the jerseys in RTTS? mrm008

Really?? You're mad because a game doesn't have an easy option for you to cheat? How about you just take the 0-4 game and improve the next time... Do you think real MLB players get to use a restart button? Maybe they are just preventing you from cheating and keeping it more of a real experience.

#18 Posted by mrm008 (6 posts) -
Cheating has been apart of games for as long as I can remember. Grand theft auto would not be as good if you couldn't cheat for one example. You have the option to play it right and you have the option to kick some ass. Don't hate on us cheaters. If they don't do the restart in the game I really could care less, but it would be helpful. I care more about the other stuff I wrote before that. Your like a female in that you focus on one part of the conversation instead of the whole thing. Get off my ass about the cheating. You think it's realistic that your player that you create in this game (most likely you) actually makes it to the show and breaks records like the single season HR record? Get real. Its all living in a fantasy, why not make it the ultimate one and hit over .600. If you really want to make it realistic then make sure no one hits above .380, make it almost impossible to hit 61 HR in a season, make it almost impossible to pitch a no hitter, etc...Man that sounds like a awesome game to play now doesn't it? Baseball is a game of failure, who wants to play the real game and deal with failure all the time? if you want to so be it but for us who want to have fun with it, allow us to bend the rules a little.
#19 Posted by earlboykins_11 (1484 posts) -

You ask me how not making a game incredibly easy is fun? I can ask you the same thing. I don't understand at all how cheating the game and hitting .380 with 70 HR's is fun. What do you have to accomplish? What do you have to work for? Nothing. You just play the game and want to quit when you don't go 3/4.

I actually like to have a challenge. I play on Hall of Fame difficulty and it's very difficult to hit over .320 in a season, but it is more rewarding than doing it on the lower levels.... If you don't want to to go 0-4, play on Rookie. If you go 0-4 on Rookie, you probably shouldn't play this game. There are more people than you think that like to go through the grind of the minors and struggle a little bit. It makes your accomplishments even more satisfying. It makes you feel like you really did something good when you get called up or make an all-star game. Hell, it even makes you feel good just getting a hit on the higher difficulties.

That is both hilarious and rediculous to me that it "ticks" you off that there isn't an easy way to cheat. Hahahaha

It's baseball man. Learn how to accept failure. It might help you out in more ways than just not quiting a video game.

#20 Posted by mrm008 (6 posts) -
To: ealboykins_11 aka. Eats corn the long way People like to play games in all different ways. Some put the odds in their favor and some don't. Why is that such a big deal to you that I put the odds in my favor? The game itself even has sliders to use to help you out. The game puts ways for you to cheat if you want. Yes their are people out their that make it hard on themselves but their are those that don't. Why are you being such a ass clown about this? So what I turn off my PS3 when I mess up? What the hell is your problem? Lastly, we all know that you have cheated at a game at one point in time. Therefore you have no room to talk.
#21 Posted by brooktastic_36 (1 posts) -
hahahaha you tell him mrm008! He probably does like to eat corn the long way. WOW "even makes you feel good just getting a hit on the higher difficulties". What a butt plug. Stop being such a douche bag earlboykins_11. The purpose of this site is to talk about what you want to see in MLB the show 2013, not to make yourself look like an ass (which you have accomplished).
#22 Posted by earlboykins_11 (1484 posts) -

Last time I cheated in a video game was probably when I was in 6th grade? It just takes away the feeling of accomplishment when you actually do something good when you cheated the previous time. That's my opinion. I understand people like to cheat/make the game extremely easy. My only problem was that one of your wishes was to make it so you can quit easier... I feel like there are much better things to ask for than to find an easier way to cheat haha.

btw, I love eating corn the long way... hot dogs too ;) have you ever tried eating a quarter pound chili dog the long way? mmmmm

#24 Posted by connerrdavis (1 posts) -
I think they should make you start in college then work your way up to the MLB in rtts
#25 Posted by Boilerfan75 (1 posts) -
I'd like to see more use of signs from the 3rd base coach. Primarily during an at bat or on base and not just first pitch
#26 Posted by g-burn (117 posts) -

I'd love to see them find a way to calculate WAR (Wins Above Relacement). But that's asking for A LOT haha.

#27 Posted by JMed71 (1 posts) -
They should really bring web customization back like MVP baseball, you hardly ever see an infielder using a trapeze webbing, bring the "H" web, and different sizes for gloves, like when you actually go and buy gloves. More options in customizing your character, maybe a self customized batting stance?! who knows...just completely revamp the customization and leave more/better options. There should be more errors, bad calls, fights, ejections, realistic styles of play (not all players hustle out a ground ball hit to the pitcher/second baseman). When picking your style of play for RTTS, you should have personalities for how you play the game, ex : if you want to be cocky, your player walks around like hes the **** and makes nonchalant plays to prove his point. or if you want to be quiet guy who just plays the game. Next they should bring more challenging plays and fielding styles, make me feel like im earning an out instead of running to the ball and throwing it, and for those who like to make the "web gems" they should make fielding attempts with certain types of players. if you have a high rating in fielding, you may get cocky and try and barehand a ball, or take your time and make it a close play, or dive and pitch it to the second baseman up the middle. also they should have after game announcing when showing highlights, post game interviews with the player of the game, whether it is you or the computer/online person playing against you. show the player who is actually hurt not just a pop up message saying "so and so is hurt replace him" and show replays of how it happened. also there needs to be collisions when fielding a ground ball and you collide with the runner or a pop fly and the two outfielders collide. actually make the rain affect the game...show players slipping and the water splashing or the outfielders diving and sliding 3 feet because the grass is slippery. incorporate more realistic actions like someone gets a ground ball in the hole gets it and trips because hes off balance or the runner slips on the base because its wet or he tripped. all the plays get repetitive and i like a lot of variety! Last thing....MAKE A COLLEGE BASEBALL GAME....so i can be in it :)
#28 Posted by Mikenic16 (1 posts) -
45-18= 27 years 680 wins/ 27 years= about an average of 25 wins per year 6800 strikeouts/ 27 years= about an average of 251 strikeouts per year Im not saying it is possible, but im pretty sure the math backs me up.
#29 Posted by SilentCogada51 (1 posts) -
I always say more with RTTS. Its pretty much the only thing I do. I like when they make it a little easier to use and fix the bugs, but I remember NCAA when you had the dorm and could pick sponsors and all that. I want a small sponsor to want me for doing little things and a big sponsor if I make the all star team or hit a mark. I also think a real ESPN announcer doing a recap of the game and all that would be the sickest thing. You could do updates to create more espn shows and stuff. It would be hard to keep doing but it would be cool. ... Its also annoying when you go 4 for 4 with 4 hrs or something and they just say your having a good game. I agree with everyone about more details and things to do when your off the field. Contracts, espn, sponsors, and things like that would make the game way better for me.
#30 Posted by Brewerman (1 posts) -
I am really hoping for better drafting and better prospect development in mlb 13 also I hope that they fix trading between the CPU is see tons of questionable trades all the time where if i try to get one of those players they are untouchable. A cool thing that I wish they had was gm contracts where you can move on to other teams or get fired for doing poorly if a player doesn't want this then simply have a option to not have them then as it gets extremely boring to build up the Astros to be 5 time World Series champs without even playing a game and then not be able to move on
#31 Posted by t_eddy52 (9 posts) -

One thing I'd really love to see this year would be the use of GameFace like EA Sports does. Except change the name obviously and make sure it actually works. I own Madden 13 and it doesn't work whatsoever but I'm sure Sony could whip something cool up. I think that would be really cool for RTTS Mode

#32 Posted by t_eddy52 (9 posts) -

I recently just purchased NBA 2k13 and I would love to see the Post Game press-conferences with answers, also interview sitdowns w GM/Owners of potential teams who want to draft you. I think that would be so cool to be able to start like that. Also, someone mentioned it but NBA 2k13 has this thing called VC (Virtual Currency), it would be awesome to see this incorportated to buy things such as bats, wristbands, gloves, cleats, sunglasses that have actual brands such as UA, Nike, Oakley, etc. Some of this has been mentioned above but I really believe that would change the landscape for MLB games. I mean, what's to lose? There's no competition with 2k out of the equation. I just hope the developers don't use this as an excuse to take a year off for a roster update of a game. Really looking forward to March!

#33 Posted by gerhardiii (1 posts) -
Can anyone tell me if I can Transfer my SEASON Mode from MLB 12 to MLB 13? I'm in the middle of the season with different players I've traded for... Want to continue playing it with the newer version if possible... Thanks, Gary
#34 Posted by Scootman78 (33 posts) -

If you pay for the game, why SHOULDN'T you have the ability to cheat at it?  The reason the game doesn't let you cheat is because the developers are doing everything they can to milk more money out of you with the 99 cent training point DLCs.