It's some place new...!

User Rating: 9 | Mirror's Edge PC
When I saw the TV trailer for Mirror's Edge on G4, I was completely blown away, mostly by the presence and the music I heard. Everything I saw in the clip felt amazing to me. After viewing this, I instantly went online just to look up what exactly this game was all about. After that, I never looked back.

I became obsessed with this game before I even owned it which is sad, yes, but I didn't care. This game appealed to me so much because it was such a "new" game. I had never seen a game quite like this before.

After finally buying the game off of Ebay for the PC, I began playing it immediately and was hooked. The gameplay, the music, the presentation; everything seemed so perfect.

Of course not everything was indeed perfect. There's no such thing as a perfect anything. The one thing that turned me off from the game was it's animated cutscenes. I mean come on, really? I don't understand why they couldn't have just led with the scenes from Faith's perspective. That way, I became more familiar with Faith and her story. But with the anime-like scenes, it just didn't do it for me.

However, the one thing that really stood out in the game was its music. The electronic soundscapes and subtle ambiance was more than enough to get me to buy the soundtrack. If there's one thing to remember about this game, its the soundtrack, with the theme by Lisa Miskovsky.

All in all, Mirror's Edge is a great game. I've played better, sure, but there's no doubt that people will always remember this game as a game that was, putting it plainly, something "new."