Minecraft, one of the best indie titles I have played in years.

User Rating: 9.5 | Minecraft WEB
Minecraft is a game where you are given a world, your imagination, and the ability to let your creativity flourish. Never before have I played a game so enthralling, I have had this one game on my mind for days now and I simply cannot explain why!

The basis behind Minecraft is simple: You are alone in the world with nothing but wildlife, resources, and enemies of the night (or dark spooky caves).

You begin Minecraft anywhere from a shoreline to a forest clad in overshadowing trees. From there you are given but one task: To gather resources and find shelter before night falls. If you do not, you will regret it.

As you progress through Minecraft, you are given the opportunity to play as you wish. Do you want to dig to the center of the earth? How about making a fortress at the top of a waterfall? What about making a lavafall flow outside your front door? How does a tower that pierces the sky sound? It is all up to you and your imagination.

Now then! To the Pros and Cons.

Pros:

- Highly basic, but incredibly explorative title.
- The freedom to choose how you wish to play and what you do is simply lovely.
- The retro-esque style graphics will appeal to most if not all fans of olden games.
- Weekly updates by the creator Notch that include secret updates the players themselves must find.
- It is only in Alpha! The potential of growth for this game is phenomenal, I can not even imagine what it would take shape in within a year's time.
- The beautiful music that begins to play at random intervals. Although sometimes out of place, can truly give you an amazing feel as you overlook a vast mountainside.

Cons:

- Currently, the multiplayer system tends to lag as well as contain many bugs. This is all being worked on.
- FPS issues tend to become a slight issue as your world continues to generate.
- The sudden increase in popularity has, currently, taken its toll on the servers. Obviously this is not a permanent issue, but still should be addressed.

Minecraft is an excellent game for those who love to explore new worlds, create and share ideas and designs with others, wish to fear the night once more, and truly get their money's worth. (How can you go wrong with the price currently being only $13?)