This topic is now read-only on GameSpot.
To post new messages, please visit GameFAQs and log in using the same email and password that you use on GameSpot.
- May 9, 2012 9:22 am GMTI forgot the feeling of having a creeper at your door and no means of stopping it until morning. Killing it at night is just asking to be murdered by the sniper squad.
If you wanna see how smart you are Click here
If you want to see how smart you are Click Here
- May 9, 2012 9:26 am GMTIt involved me standing on my crafting table and praying that the zombies didn't jump over my wall (didn't have time to put a roof in yet), then the next morning i open the door and a creeper walks in...
I love you girl but I'm not the answer for the questions you still have...
- May 9, 2012 9:32 am GMTI slept like a baby in my bed because first night houses are for suckers.
- May 9, 2012 9:34 am GMTNo problem. Found a cool location, built a small shack, and slept in my freshly made bed.
- May 9, 2012 9:35 am GMTStood in my crude shack until daybreak. Went outside before the sun was fully up, got attacked by spiders then exploded by a creeper.
dude I googled your username and found this site where people were poopin on each other -_-
- May 9, 2012 9:36 am GMTOh right, in my bed in my cave.
- May 9, 2012 9:38 am GMTI tried to dig a hole under me, I had no tools, and after 1 square of dirt, there was stone... I was too lazy to destroy it with my hand and was running out of time, so I tried to build something arround me, and it was too hard to build the roof on time with the xbox controller lol, then I realised there was no monster, I thought it was maybe because I was in the DEMO! I then started walking and passed in a tunnel which is under the big MINECRAFT logo floating in the sky, on the other side, I heard a spider, I thought that the game was ''starting'' when you pass throught this tunnel, so I came back to what I thought was the training ground, with no ennemies, and got attacked by a spider and a zombie, killed them, 3 heart left, I just started to climb to reach the MINECRAFT Logo, played with it for 2 minutes, fell down, died, morning arrived, visited the castle, turned off the game, thinking it is time to restart playing Minecraft on my PC =) I would buy the Xbox version if it was not that expensive...
- May 9, 2012 9:44 am GMTBed in an ugly cave
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?
- May 9, 2012 9:48 am GMTI've played the PC version, so I gathered some wood and wool, then cut myself a nice little cave which I used as a base to start mining downwards, and slept if I needed to.
My first nice on PC was quite different though. I essentially enclosed myself in a small dirt box with a small opening for a window and no bed. Night seemed to last forever and I didn't even know how to make charcoal to get torches yet.
As soon as there is hype, there is hate.
- May 9, 2012 10:01 am GMTChuck_Bosworth posted...
Bed in an ugly cave
Oh dear, now the cave feels bad about itself.
For some reason, I actually prefer caves to houses for the first hundred or so in-game days, then suddenly get sick of it and slowly build a house.
- May 9, 2012 10:01 am GMTactually had to survive, getting used to new controls severely delayed my normal set up time, ended up with a shack, crafting bench, stove, 16 torches, one of every wood tool, and no bed till the next morning.
- May 9, 2012 10:27 am GMTBuilt into a stone wall, made a cave....made a bed, made a nice sign and was about to light my torches....then BOOM! CREEPER EXPLODED!
ugh....it was still epic!
GT and PSN-kurosawasghost
- May 9, 2012 10:50 am GMTFirst time playing the game, my first night was pretty horrible..lol Spent a little too much time looking around and chopping wood so I was midway into making a house when the sun started to go down. It was then that I realized that I had no supplies to make torches and could either make a roof or enclose my walls so I chose the latter. As I sat in darkness thinking this isn't so bad is when the strange monster groans started.
Then it started raining....
Not just a drizzle mid you but a freaking downpour with lightning. So I stood shivering in the dark with rain pouring in my roofless home feeling pretty miserable about my poor avatar. When the sun finally came up I hastily gathered supplies to get me a roof and plenty of torches. The feeling of security I had when I finally capped off the roof and lit my first home was incredible.
Now the hour it took me to find 3 sheep in my created world just so I could make a bed is a WHOLE nother story..lmao
PSN id: Kazuya123 Gamertag: Dolemitexp
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage ;_;
- May 9, 2012 10:56 am GMTImmediately climbed the tallest thing i could and set up shop with the dirt surrounding me. it was cold...
- May 9, 2012 11:05 am GMTHuddled in a sand hut on the beach. Then I tried saving and the game crashed so I had to start again.
Have managed to get to night three so far after at least 10 more console resets. I had almost finished making a nice home with a sea view earlier when the game died again
I'm enjoying it and the first night was a panic but I hope they patch this very very soon.
#1 for knife kills at some point on every Battlefield game, now retired. The Stabby Messiah.
4.87 K/D Ratio on Crysis 2, 40 killstreak. Yautja Elite Assassin.
- May 9, 2012 11:25 am GMTAwesome. Found a nice big hole in the ground, picked a corner, and dug in. Built a door, got my workbench, chest, bed, and furnace built, and spent the night mining away in the back. First night went by without incident. During the day I went back out and got more wood and then I made better pickaxes, sword, etc. The second night I went back to mining... ended up breaking into a cave full of monsters and had a creeper explode and kill me.
I learned a couple valuable lessons. First, I'm new to Minecraft so I didn't know you had to actually sleep in the bed to activate it as a spawn point (duh). So I respawned.... somewhere. And learned lesson 2... always check your surroundings before building your shelter. I hadn't, and after spending 20 minutes wandering around the world I still could not find my cave home. I had no clue where it was because I had not looked around to see what landmarks were closeby.
I ended up restarting in the same wold, and as soon as I dug in and collected a decent amount of cobblestone, I spent the first night building a HUGE tower into the sky and decorating it with torches so I could always find my home. It also came in really handy when my friend joined my game in the middle of the night and had to find me "Dude, just look for the lit up tower going up into the sky with torches all over the ground underneath it. That's my place"
- May 9, 2012 11:38 am GMTWas a bit late finishing up, ran out of wood so I couldn't make a door, filled the door frame with sand, and spent the night by the burning furnace, making glass to fill in the gaping hole in the roof. Had to fight a couple spiders who found their way in, but I had a stone sword so it was okay. I love this game.
- May 9, 2012 1:29 pm GMTlol my friend and i ended up on top of a tree in a dirt fortress, we were running around the world too long and lost track of time.
Sorry, our princess is in another castle.
- May 9, 2012 1:37 pm GMTMy first night was spent in a freakin Cave WITHOUT a bed, I managed to build a door and some torches at least. There was this creeper peeking though my door all night saying "uuugghh" I was trapped so I decided to dig out a back door exit... and a soon as I saw daylight a nice little chicken was looking at me, I was like awww!, and then BANG! A creeper organized a suicide bomb attack to kill both me AND the chicken. The horror.