Buy it Now button for Amazon, now to $37

#1 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

From a $60 game to $37 dollars in a couple of weeks, there's an upside to having a checkout box next to the banner ads and infomercial like reviews, they show you just how much money you can save by waiting.

Curiouser and Curiouser GameSpot. That response was rapid fire.

GameSpot+Amazon+Paid+Review+Price+Shift.

#2 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

That's weird, no sooner than I said that, it leaped to $49

#3 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

Back down to $37 then?

#4 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

Back up to $49 Dollars again?

How is this even happening? Prices don't fluctuate like that on Amazon normally, it's almost like there's some kind of deal going here.

#5 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19354 posts) -

Heh, this is not the first time that I have seen paranoid people wondering about fluctuating prices on Amazon.

#6 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

Heh, this is not the first time that I have seen paranoid people wondering about fluctuating prices on Amazon.

Gelugon_baat

Amazon prices don't normally fluctuate like that, it's a bit odd.

#7 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19354 posts) -

Amazon prices don't normally fluctuate like that, it's a bit odd.ValValence

Perhaps for you. ;)

I, for one, already knew that Amazon's prices are not stable for a long, long time.

#8 Posted by ValValence (45 posts) -

[QUOTE="ValValence"]Amazon prices don't normally fluctuate like that, it's a bit odd.Gelugon_baat

Perhaps for you. ;)

I, for one, already knew that Amazon's prices are not stable for a long, long time.

These prices are fixed, it appears that the Amazon price went down tol $37 sooner than it should and kept trying to default back to $49, what it was artificially set at.

This isn't the stock exchange, for the price to bounce back and forth like that is a bit unusual.

#9 Posted by Gelugon_baat (19354 posts) -

This isn't the stock exchange, for the price to bounce back and forth like that is a bit unusual.

ValValence

Yeah, yeah, you can say all that, but I am not wearing a tin-foil hat.

#10 Posted by yummifullz (139 posts) -

It should never have went down to $37 it seems.  Odd that you saw it listed as that at one point.  Right now the PC version is unavailable in hard copy (limited edition, the only edition anyways lol) and only available as a download code for $49 on Amazon.

I preordered mine from Walmart for $49, being that I had a gift card, & it still is $49 from Wally World.  Glad to see I didn't miss the sale of $37 on Amazon which never should have happened anyways it seems. 

EDIT: Well it also seems that price of $37 was for the 360 version which probably means it was the lowest used price hahah.  My mistake I thought this was a PC only Metro forum I guess it is for all versions though.  But that explains the price you saw.  We all have lapses of judgement and I totally understand your excitement at seeing $37 and thinking there was a price drop on the retail copy, unfortunately Amazon lists prices funny and sometimes will show the used price on that tab in the pic u posted.

#11 Posted by maxminbig (2 posts) -
the only edition anyways lol) and only available as a download code for $49 on Amazon.