Why Does Snake look like that!?

#1 Posted by Zabuza318 (84 posts) -

I get that in the original games Solid Snake was modelled after Kurt Russel who essentially created Snake with the Escape From films. I also get how Ocelot (And Old Snake) ended up looking like Lee Van Cleef because they needed these kind of tough & Sturdy badass look for the characters.

But why does Big Boss suddenly look like Ron Perlmen...?

I mean.... Goddam he looks soooo much like Ron Perlmen...

Seriously, i can't be the only guy who thinks this, can i?

#2 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -
Well I'm sure you remember what Big Boss looked like in MGS4, he looked quite similar to the way he looks in this game (though a lot younger here), and he looks quite a bit different from Solid/Old Snake. Kojima probably wants to make it more obvious to the casual crowd that Big Boss and Solid Snake are two different characters. I definitely like Big Boss's look in this game. It is very similar to the way he looks in the MGS1 art and MGS4
#3 Posted by TJORLY (3298 posts) -

But why does Big Boss suddenly look like Ron Perlmen...?

I mean.... Goddam he looks soooo much like Ron Perlmen...

Seriously, i can't be the only guy who thinks this, can i?

Zabuza318

How is this a problem? Ron Perlman is awesome!

Anyway this wouldn't be the first time they've changed who the characters are based on. I mean Snake's Codec portrait in MGS1 (or was it one fo the Metal Gears?) is based off of Christopher Walken. Didn't really carry over into MGS2.

#4 Posted by glack123 (63 posts) -

The first model for Snake in Metal Gear kind of looks like Mel Gibson to me. In Metal Gear 2 the model was the hero from Terminator 1 (I can't remember the guys name). You're right about Cristohper Walken for Metal Gear Solid, but he just looks like Kurt Russel in the rest of them. I think this new model is awesome for the getting older but not quite old version of Big Boss. It kind of looks like the regular Snake fused with the Big Boss model in MGS4.

#5 Posted by sandspectre (365 posts) -

The first model for Snake in Metal Gear kind of looks like Mel Gibson to me. In Metal Gear 2 the model was the hero from Terminator 1 (I can't remember the guys name). You're right about Cristohper Walken for Metal Gear Solid, but he just looks like Kurt Russel in the rest of them. I think this new model is awesome for the getting older but not quite old version of Big Boss. It kind of looks like the regular Snake fused with the Big Boss model in MGS4.

glack123
The box art of Metal Gear 1 was taken from a scene of The Terminator 1, when Kyle Reese (portrayed by Michael Biehn) is a resistance fighter in the future, before being sent to the past to save Sarah Connor. In-game, his coder avatar looked like Mel Gibson. Big Boss/Naked Snake in MGS3 looks like Kurt Russell as Snake Plisken. Old Snake in MGS4 looked like Donald Sutherland a Ocelot like Lee Van Cleef.
#6 Posted by Norrie91 (2444 posts) -

Its Big Boss, I know Snake is his clone and all but I'm glad they don't look exactly the same that'd just be lazy. (dunno how the hell Liquid looks so different though, he must've taken after EVA instead of Big Boss)

Either way he looks fricken amazing!! Can't wait for this game XD

#7 Posted by FKlepackiFTW (1 posts) -
Konami is getting the series closer and closer to the origins of MG. Naked Snake/Big Boss was a villain Solid had to take care of in MG2. If you haven't noticed the overall look of Big Boss is getting more and more evil. I like where the series is going tbh.
#8 Posted by zowbaid (382 posts) -

The new Big Boss looks exactly like my Dad actually, it's really uncanny. I hope Kojima isn't stalking my family...

#9 Posted by madness_snake1 (8 posts) -

I don't know about you guys the cyborg part of Big Boss is way off of the story on the Saga if you look at MGS1 they show a picture of Big Boss in the book come with the game and he did not have robot arm and MGS4 you see Big Boss there was no robot arm.