theory about amputee Big Boss

#1 Posted by nervmeister (15272 posts) -

Anyone think that the Big Boss we see in the hospital and at the end of the trailer (the one with the head protuberance and robotic hand) might be a biologically defective/unstable fourth clone (or possibly even a fifth clone codenamed "V") that was never mentioned until now. We may be playing as him in the second act of the game only to have him run into the real Big Boss. And this would all end up being how big Big Boss becomes aware that he's been cloned which marks the final straw that drives him completely away from Zero and motivates him to start the Outer Heaven uprising.

#2 Posted by nervmeister (15272 posts) -
And the reason he's in that particular hospital is because the real Big Boss (lying on the gurney in his MSF uniform being given CPR in the trailer) was brought there. Knowing that certain enemy forces know he's there and are on their way to capture or kill Big Boss, either Zero or Miller or both arrange to bring the "V" clone (that you'll really be playing as) to that hospital as a decoy while the real Big Boss is secretly relocated to somewhere more safe to recover from his coma.
#3 Posted by madness_snake1 (8 posts) -

I don't know about you guys the cyborg part of Big Boss is way off of the story on the Saga if you look at MGS1 they show a picture of Big Boss in the book come with the game and he did not have robot arm and MGS4 you see Big Boss there was no robot arm.

#4 Posted by NTM23 (149 posts) -

V is for peace.

#5 Posted by TJORLY (3298 posts) -

I don't know about you guys the cyborg part of Big Boss is way off of the story on the Saga if you look at MGS1 they show a picture of Big Boss in the book come with the game and he did not have robot arm and MGS4 you see Big Boss there was no robot arm.

madness_snake1

He mentions that he's a cyborg in Metal Gear 2 though. He probably just switched to a less noticeable prosthetic or something.

#6 Posted by Ricardocaldas (2 posts) -

I have a similar opinion since i saw the trailer for the first time with the english voice over. hes someone else, maybe not even a clone but a brainwashed guy with some plastic surgery to look like big boss that explains the bandages. When he goes into a coma miller asks (what about him?) and points to the next bed where a doctor looks at it too and when the camera is about to show it the scene cuts at that part. even the 9 year coma i find it hard to believe. everything is possible with kojima.

By the way, the new trailer from e3, i think the boy Eli is liquid, what do you think?

#7 Posted by Ricardocaldas (2 posts) -

I have a similar opinion since i saw the trailer for the first time with the english voice over. hes someone else, maybe not even a clone but a brainwashed guy with some plastic surgery to look like big boss that explains the bandages. When he goes into a coma miller asks (what about him?) and points to the next bed where a doctor looks at it too and when the camera is about to show it the scene cuts at that part. even the 9 year coma i find it hard to believe. everything is possible with kojima. By the way, the new trailer from e3, i think the boy Eli is liquid, what do you think?