Anyone kind of hope this is the last game?

#1 Posted by IronBeaver (1983 posts) -

I am worried that they will just keep going on and on. The metal gear universe has already told so many stories and gotten so complicated. Could it overstay its welcome?

#2 Posted by gutsallover (412 posts) -

Sort of.

I would like to see Kojima end things by bringing the series full circle. Remake MG1&2 into one game, called Metal Gear Solid 6. I think that ending things with Big Boss's defeat at the hands of Solid Snake would be pretty poetic.

Do I trust this, though? No. Kojima is great, but I have a feeling that he loves this series too much to let it go for good.

#3 Posted by IronBeaver (1983 posts) -

Sort of.

I would like to see Kojima end things by bringing the series full circle. Remake MG1&2 into one game, called Metal Gear Solid 6. I think that ending things with Big Boss's defeat at the hands of Solid Snake would be pretty poetic.

Do I trust this, though? No. Kojima is great, but I have a feeling that he loves this series too much to let it go for good.

gutsallover

An MG1-2 remake would be interesting, because a lot of the cutscenes and what not would have to be outside of the gameplay, you know? Like you would be on your mission as snake, but the cutscenes would have to be of BB and Ocelot talking about snakes progress in some secret room in outer heaven.

#4 Posted by minev28 (33 posts) -
I would like to play as Gray Fox for once even if its a spin-off
#5 Posted by Sheik2 (46 posts) -

No, I don't. Kojima can make more games IMO. The whole MGS series are special. This aint no assassins creed or call of duty, or any other series that release a medocre game EACH YEAR. How long does it take for a major title of MGS to be released?

MGS1: 1998
MGS2: 2001 (38 months later)
MGS3: 2004 (36 months later)
MGS-PO:  2006 (25 months later)
MGS4: 2008 (18 months later)
MGS-PW: 2010 (22 months later)
MGSV: 2013 or 2014 (at least 40 months later)

That's releasing a game every 2.5 years in average. Rising doesn't count since it is a spin-off, neither VR missions, substance and subsistance since those are only expantions.

For me, they could release MGS6 and it would be OK.

#6 Posted by Hiddai (5922 posts) -
As long as they don't destroy the series by doing so it's fine...
#7 Posted by -Zelmor- (0 posts) -
Hope? Of course not, i want more MGS games featuring Solid Snake, preferably a remake of MG1/2. http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5255 Btw, Big Boss in a popularity contest, vote for him if you are a fan of his.
#9 Posted by gladdudeos (0 posts) -

I don't care, I want the MGS games to go on and on and on!

#10 Posted by Kevin75 (164 posts) -

Kojima is moving on. The new Studio in California will be handling the series from now on. I'm looking forward to Kojima's next project. I want to see what world he will create next, and what features his new game will have.

I'd love a MG 1-2 remake. I just couldn't get into the original ones.

#11 Posted by mack10 (12394 posts) -

@Kevin75: Really, the Cali studio. Since when?

#12 Posted by dentui (951 posts) -

@IronBeaver: I Agree. Although a remake of MG:1 and 2 would be nice along with the original Metal Gear Solid.