Fox Blade waaaaay overpowered

#1 Posted by KuroiGaruga (4 posts) -
*OH YEAH! SOME SPOILERS BELOW!* Okay, so I bought Metal Gear Rising Fox and I was like, "Cool a free Raiden skin" and I chuckled at that for a bit. But then I started playing with the Fox Blade. What in the hell? Why is it so powerful? Shouldn't the normal HF blade be waaaaaay better? I'm not even interested in using the sweet secondary weapons despite seeing how cool the pole arm set is, simply because I know just how strong the sword is, how efficiently I can slice up enemies and that a secondary would mess with the amount of death I can output. Who else is feeling this? For people who want to know, the sword acts as your normal sword does, except it will simply cut things like it had been stunned, especially when you parry. It only slightly affects gameplay since things sometimes auto die but S rank scores are still possible when playing with blade mode and the stun attacks correctly. After saying all that, boss battles are so damned cool when wearing the Grey Fox Skin and Fox Blade. But it really pushes you to earn your score through stealth kills, no damage, speed running and blade mode. For these things we always have The Box.
#2 Posted by METALGEARNICK (262 posts) -

yes i feel the blade is op too  im confused if its really the best sword stat wise... the funny thing is its not even mention in the strategy guide at all. but it is the most expensive weapon so im just going to assume that it is.

#3 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

Yeah with the second Fox upgrade it's insanely overpowered...but that's what makes it so fun to use.

#4 Posted by KuroiGaruga (4 posts) -
METALGEARNICK
DaDumb1
Awww man, that hallway running segment is so cool when using the fox blade. You feel so powerful and fast! That is what Lighting Bolt Action should seem like.
#5 Posted by DaDumb1 (3844 posts) -

yes i feel the blade is op too  im confused if its really the best sword stat wise... the funny thing is its not even mention in the strategy guide at all. but it is the most expensive weapon so im just going to assume that it is.

METALGEARNICK

It one-hit kills every enemy in the game except bosses, I'd say it's the best sword.