Major Disappointment

#1 Posted by MrZentropa (36 posts) -

I'm one of the few who liked MOH 2010 but looking at this beta/demo that game is now unrecognizable. I don't know why they made such a departure from it. Leave it to EA to trash a great franchise simply to use it as a marketing tool for Battlefield. It's a crime they're charging $60 for this.

Right off the bat the game interface and menus are so poorly designed and amateurish looking. It looks like something a bad web designer would throw together... very plain, overly complex and way too busy. There's way too much info going on even when playing the game it's just too busy overall. It's a bad imitation of CODMW. The menu visuals are nice, that's about it. Go back and look at MOH2010's presentation, interface etc. with the clean hightech/military look... BIG difference!

Then the graphics... they look dated and cartoony. It's like they tried to make this into another Tom Clancy Advanced Warfighter type of game with some CODMW influence thrown in. The character outlining just looks retarded! Just run around and start shooting when you see some red outlined ghost coming your way. This game can't hold a candle to CODMW graphically... MOH 2010 looks better, even older SOCOM & Ghost Recon games look better! And if this where BF is going then you can sadly kiss another franchise goodbye.

EPIC FAIL and a big disappointment... I'll wait and pick it up dirt cheap to play the campaign. Hopefully that won't be as much of a disappointment, it's always been the best thing about the MOH series. MOH Airborne is far superior to this!

#2 Posted by Black_Hand_313 (787 posts) -

I agree. Good campaign is a must for me, but knowing it'll likely be 5-6 hours, multiplayer's what makes or breaks day one buy for me...and this game is broken. With just over two weeks before launch, it's safe to say little will change with the final version.

#3 Posted by sneakthief81 (193 posts) -

Couldn't agree with you more Mrzentropa..the BETA is far from MoH2010..and for me, that's not a winner..good thing they released the BETA becuase I was blindly going to reserve and buy..what a dissapointment..

#4 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
I think this is probably the worse beta I have ever played of any game...its trash and I won't be getting this game.
#5 Posted by Bushido415 (26 posts) -

Agreed.

I just downloaded and played the beta for a little while and I can't really say I liked it. Whomever designed the GUI really needs to learn the concept of KISS (Keep it simple, stupid).

I know it's a beta and all, but the game mechanics just seemed really clunky.

As for the graphics, I'm sure they'll have the whole HD pack available for download like they did with BF3.

#6 Posted by SensorElec (1 posts) -
Totally agree with you. I loved MoH 2010, the sniping, the realism, the maps and many other elements. I'm always bemused when people diss that game. It's probably because they got owned everytime. I know it's a beta but like you say it just seems like such a departure from the last game. Imo all they needed to do was bring the graphics up to 2012 standard, add some more weapon customization / choice, new maps and generally just revamp around what they had created on the last outing. back to BF3 i guess.
#7 Posted by frostbite2user (2 posts) -
i usually finish the campaign on medium first, then play multiplayer then when i get bored i play the campaign on hard. moh 2010s campaign was amazing but way too short. the multiplayer was just thrown together in a ten minuite coffee break by dice. hopefully its not too bad, but from what ive seen still way better than mw and bo in the cod series, even battlefield was better than the cods. moh is my last hope and if they dont pull through i will have to find another genre to play seeing as i just went through all of the non futuristic fps. oh and ps i hate futuristic shooters, excluding some of the doomsday shooters as apposed to the all out war futuristic shooters. all in all i hope its good or im out of options and i will have to find another genre that will be going down the drain shortly.
#8 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

Right off the bat the game interface and menus are so poorly designed and amateurish looking. It looks like something a bad web designer would throw together... very plain, overly complex and way too busy. There's way too much info going on even when playing the game it's just too busy overall. It's a bad imitation of CODMW. The menu visuals are nice, that's about it. Go back and look at MOH2010's presentation, interface etc. with the clean hightech/military look... BIG difference! MrZentropa

After playing the first SP mission, I see what you mean. This GUI is NOT a step forward. :?

#9 Posted by badlalo59 (899 posts) -

According to Shacknews theres a MAJOR Patch coming in at a whopping 1.7GB.

Suppose to fix a majority of issues that people have been complaining about. Thats a pretty big patch :shock:

#10 Posted by Drakerz (35 posts) -

According to Shacknews theres a MAJOR Patch coming in at a whopping 1.7GB.

Suppose to fix a majority of issues that people have been complaining about. Thats a pretty big patch :shock:

badlalo59
The patch didn't fix anything. I'm playing on Xbox 360 and it still seems extremely broken and unbalanced. Tie that in with getting spawn camped almost every single game no matter what game mode? Yeah, I think it's a pass. Spend your hard earned money somewhere else because this will only piss you off more than bring you an enjoyable experience.
#11 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2134 posts) -
I'll wait and pick it up dirt cheap to play the campaign. Hopefully that won't be as much of a disappointment, it's always been the best thing about the MOH series.MrZentropa
Then why come on here and complain about the multiplayer?
#12 Posted by Sprout0009 (1 posts) -
This game is a total joke. Very glad i decided to rent it rather then spend 60 bucks on something that has more of an entertaining value rather then a challenge. The SP mode is short and your COMP AI really doesnt help with **** The game itself comes with 2 disc, why? Then when you put the SP disc in it still has an option to go to multiplayer then promts you to "please put mulitplayer disc in"! WTF why even put it on the disc???!!!! Then you go and release a beta, good for you. You get to play unbalanced lobbys, get spawn camped cause all you give us is one map, one game mode. Oh yeah and good luck A) getting into a game B) getting a halfway decent buddy. Its funny to me how developers of games like COD can come out with a game with all the content on one disc and have game modes like survival and special ops missions so you and your buddy can play together. But then you get into MOH and you need 2 disc for half the data??? This game would work better as a coster on your coffee table.
#13 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

This game is a total joke. Very glad i decided to rent it rather then spend 60 bucks on something that has more of an entertaining value rather then a challenge. The SP mode is short and your COMP AI really doesnt help with **** The game itself comes with 2 disc, why? Then when you put the SP disc in it still has an option to go to multiplayer then promts you to "please put mulitplayer disc in"! WTF why even put it on the disc???!!!! Then you go and release a beta, good for you. You get to play unbalanced lobbys, get spawn camped cause all you give us is one map, one game mode. Oh yeah and good luck A) getting into a game B) getting a halfway decent buddy. Its funny to me how developers of games like COD can come out with a game with all the content on one disc and have game modes like survival and special ops missions so you and your buddy can play together. But then you get into MOH and you need 2 disc for half the data??? This game would work better as a coster on your coffee table. Sprout0009

Not that you are coming across as a COD Fanboy. 

#14 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2134 posts) -
This game is a total joke. Very glad i decided to rent it rather then spend 60 bucks on something that has more of an entertaining value rather then a challenge. The SP mode is short and your COMP AI really doesnt help with **** The game itself comes with 2 disc, why? Then when you put the SP disc in it still has an option to go to multiplayer then promts you to "please put mulitplayer disc in"! WTF why even put it on the disc???!!!! Then you go and release a beta, good for you. You get to play unbalanced lobbys, get spawn camped cause all you give us is one map, one game mode. Oh yeah and good luck A) getting into a game B) getting a halfway decent buddy. Its funny to me how developers of games like COD can come out with a game with all the content on one disc and have game modes like survival and special ops missions so you and your buddy can play together. But then you get into MOH and you need 2 disc for half the data??? This game would work better as a coster on your coffee table. Sprout0009
I have the PS3 version, so no problem with multiple discs here!
#15 Posted by StarkJJ (534 posts) -

Complete waste of development time.  EA was right though...they said they will compete with COD with "market share" rather than a competitive game.  If you make enought trash it will eventually cover the playing field.  Go away EA.

#16 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

I rented the game this week, mainly because I wanted to check out the single player mode and didn't feel like paying $60 for this.

The single player campaign took me 4 and 1/2 hours to beat on normal, and while it did have some good moments, it really was just average in my opinion. My two major complaints are the cover system doesn't work all that great and hit detection is inconsistent.

I have played the multiplayer as well, it indeed is better than the single player. Overall though, it just feels like an average/medicore experience. 

EA touted this game as being fantastic, and it was supposed to be an upgrade compared to the previous Medal of Honor. I actually preferred the last edition of Medal of Honor over this. It feels like they took a step backwards and its disappointing. If I have really enjoyed the Multiplayer I would have went out and bought it, but sadly this is an average package, that doesn't bring anything new to the table and is a medicore experience at best. 

So I agree with TC, a major disappointment

#17 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Not played it yet but looking through all the comments (and ignoring the COD fan-boyish ones) it does seem like they have taken a giant leap backwards from BF3, and a huge step backwards from MOH 2010.

I really enjoyed the 2010 Medal Of Honor game; in my opinion it had a great story if it was a little too short and too easy even on the most difficult setting (and that comes from someone that normally really struggled playing the middle 'normal' setting).  There was definately something there though, few tweaks and fine tuning on the follow up and it may have well been challenging other FPS.  Instead though seems like they have just screwed around, IDK maybe that is just how EA decides to operate now, profit over game quality as is seemingly something we are seeing increasingly from other gamedevelopers too.

#18 Posted by Tiesto05 (394 posts) -

I get into massive arguments with people about this kind of topic. Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that when titles are being made along side other platforms, that affects the entire game from the decision on the engine straight down to what can do/what can be placed in the map. It affects EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the game. If a title is 100% devoted to the PC with no consoles in mind then the game will be 100% better. Now people retort with ohh this and that but it's the truth. Look at the substance of peoples rants about "ported controls" for the PC how - how it feels like it was meant for a console. How the graphics are dummed down to meet the requirements for the consoles, little here, little there. It all adds up at the end of the day. When they're all at the conference table ping ponging ideas, when they should go left, they go right all bc they need to play the happy medium bc of consoles. 

I like games just as much as the next person, but we need to come to the realization that the industry is taking the green play-doh, the red, blue, yellow... and mashing it all into one. I'm tired of multiplayer in games. I'll take a fantastic engrossing LENGTHY single-player experience over halfbaked multi any day of the week. 

#19 Posted by Tiesto05 (394 posts) -

I want PURE PCgames back into the industry to start breeding out the filth.  I'm tired of wasting my money on crap. Times are hard enough without having to "read between the lines" or to see through their marketing scams when they show you this and that in a certain way, in a certain light,  just so it looks like something it's not. Then you get it and you're like what is this. I got sucked into Rage. I wanted to cry.  I just recently did Doom 3 BFG because a friend is in love with the Doom series, so i said yeah sure i'll do it so we can do multiplayer in Doom 1 and Doom 2. NOPE! no multiplayer for Doom 1 or Doom 2, only Doom 3...... in fact.... MULTIPLAYER didn't even work for us. No servers listed on his or my screen.  All the content was taken out, no mod support, no graphic settings no this no that WHAT'S GOING ON!?!? $30 for a few level expansion. and they got us... go read the forums how everyone has post-purchase regret.

Time for everyone to start holding on to their money just a bit tighter and stop dishing it out to these people so easily. They're handing us crap and we're just giving our money out to them. It's about time we start showing them that we want quality back into our games. It's no different than going out to eat and ordering something and it comes out like garbage. You send it back, except, we can't always send games back. Help stop post-purchase regret. There is no reason why it should exist.

#20 Posted by yearssomuch (54 posts) -
What's disappointing to me is that people thought, even if it was only for a second, that this game would be good. Is the hype machine really that efficient in making people think that garbage might be gold? This game was an obvious throwaway from the very beginning, you guys. Come on.
#21 Posted by OmenUK (3302 posts) -

Ok I have now played it and wow, it is like they put the 2010 Medal Of Honor in a time machine, and shot it back 5 years to re-create it with a crappy story, too much door breaching and running.  I've played the multi-player too and not that impressed either, such a step backwards from BF3 which I enjoyed.

Not sure I will bother in future with any MOH games, and will play the BF4 beta before deciding whether I'll get it or not.  I may moan about COD games being virtually the same every year, but increasingly getting the impression EA are going to go down the exact saem route of putting profit before game quality.