No third person view?

#1 Posted by tar1901 (135 posts) -

I've seen some gameplay videos and everything is seen from the cabin with first person view.

On top of that the cabin is full of displays, map and so on, it's like driving a car looking through a pipe. Absolute horid gameplay.

I've played other mechwarrior games and all had a 3rd person view and they all looked great, but this one is crap. Without 3rd person view this game is as good a dead before it even goes public

#2 Posted by feathers632 (101 posts) -

I've seen some gameplay videos and everything is seen from the cabin with first person view.

On top of that the cabin is full of displays, map and so on, it's like driving a car looking through a pipe. Absolute horid gameplay.

I've played other mechwarrior games and all had a 3rd person view and they all looked great, but this one is crap. Without 3rd person view this game is as good a dead before it even goes public

tar1901

I'm guessing you're a console gamer.  It's like driving a car looking through a pipe?  I guess when you drive a car you sit outside of the car from behind and above yes?

3rd person is the preferred view for console kiddies.

#3 Posted by cjtopspin (207 posts) -

tar1901

Works fine for me.  Then again, it is a simulation...not a console port.  You just suck at playing it.  It's ok...we all need cannon fodder to shoot at.

#4 Posted by Dnaisinmybody (3 posts) -
Damn kid! That's like saying there's no 3rd person view on most FPS games on your console haha! (I'm laughing at you!) J.K
#5 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

If you had ever played a mech warrior game you would know they are all from within the cockpit. You should get some nice external options and maybe even an outside key but essentailly they are FPS driven.

#6 Posted by lonewolf_kai (177 posts) -

Geez ppl. give him a break. Some people prefer 3rd person. Doesn't have to mean they're a console gamer. Some people like to look at their characters when playing.

Also, I can't remember a Mechwarrior game that didn't have the third person option, so where the crap did that even come from? Obviously, YOU haven't played a single MW game or are just too ignorant to notice the option. I myself actually played with both views. Mostly 3rd, but when fighting would get intense, switch to the more accurate 1st.

You ppl need to step off your high horse and take a look at the world outside your narrow-minded paradigms.

#7 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

I preferred your previous version.

#8 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

I too would like the option but feel it would give too much of an advantage.

They did announce they are thinking about it but doubt it will come to pass.

Personally I think this is the worst mech game to come out period. Sure it should have great graphics but they are taking years to make this, on top of that the beta is a broken mess of unbalances in every way. Free to play my ass, you cant actually earn xp so you can upgrade your mechs unless you spend real money to buy a mech...thats one freaking damn mech when I dont know the free to play mech warrior mercenaries has a crap ton mechs to choose from and doesn't force you to pay for any of them.

This game I cant imagine seeing being all that big or popular not with Halo 4 still dominating and way more balanced and fun to play.

This game is just frustrating only way you have a chance to surviving a few minutes is to shell out money so you can get better mechs.

#9 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

Why don't you wait until its available and then you can qualify your opinion rather than prejudicing something you have little to no knowledge of.

#10 Posted by davidsworld3 (3032 posts) -

I have helped fund them I have spent real money so I can try to enjoy the game but most of the time I cant due to game breaking bugs, or horrible lag that makes all the shots useless maybe one out of 20 shots every few games even hit them even if the reticle is red it actually just passes them like a ghost.

This has potential but they are asking for way too much money for it to be worth spending and I'm not in the minority. Not everyone has money to burn I rather spend real money on real things in life that I can get use out of. Like for example just spent 1700 on an eliptical and total gym a great deal really great quality products I can use for a very long time, both have life time warranties so dont have to wonder if I'm being ripped off.

You spend 15 bucks on this game for a decent mech after several matches and if you keep being teamed up with noobs or afkers you start running out of money due to the cost of replenishing ammoa nd repairing.

The game is a rip off, they haven't made any promises for a time table if they are not even in a hurry to make the game an official release while still taking the time to make stupid cockpit items for 5 bucks a pop I just dont see myself supporting them.

They have a ways to go before I'd be willing to shell good many hours into this right now just tired of being disconnected or losing because team mates refuse to work as a team.

Mech warrior 4 is a free to download game and also is LOADED with free content tons of mechs and you dont have to spend money to use them or anything it's a great single player expereince and back in its day had a great mp too that is much better than this one.

This game is taking too long I dont care what excuse they have if they are under funded or dont have enough talented experienced programmers or such then obviously this game is not meant to happen. There needs to be a big enough demand that it's worth having a full time working on. If this is just some side project then dont ask for our money to help fund your game when you have had lots of people give helpful suggestions for improving the game and none of them have been answered by the devs or fixed in months.