Rockstar Games provides yet another Game of the Year Contender in this cinematic 3rd person shooter.

User Rating: 9.5 | Max Payne 3 X360
If you are like me and were worried Rockstar would spoil the Max Payne name and ruin everything about it, push those worries to the side and leave them there. Max Payne 3 is nothing short of spectacular and perfect.

I beat the campaign in a solid 11 hours in one sitting with Taco Bell on my side (which I immediately regretted, but that's another story). All I can say about the singleplayer is: wow. I always expect perfect games from R* but when I heard about them developing the next Payne game, I was skeptical, so I lowered my expectations, but this game had a very good narrative and terrific storytelling drive. You often go in and out of flashbacks from Max when he was in New York, where he killed a crime boss's son and is facing heavy fire from his Guido crew.

James does another excellent job making the voice for Max again. This time, you will become more emotionally attached to him, just as you may have been attached to John Marston (Red Dead Redemption) or Niko Bellic (GTA IV). Max's painstakingly-dry humor and satires make the game even more enjoyable.

The one complaint I do have is the constant cutscenes during single player, you'll often find the controls taken away from you, but just like IGN said in their review, you get amazing story telling in exchange for the control being taken away at points. It's almost like watching a movie at most times.

I was worried about how Rockstar would pull off multiplayer on this game, but I am thoroughly impressed with it. The controls feel clunky at some points, but it's easy to ignore. The multiplayer is very addictive and even though R* doesn't really brag about it, the customization is almost endless for your character(s). You can design your character for every militia in the game and your default deathmatch avatar. I honestly am itching to get off this review so I can go back to it right now. I think I might.

To those who are wondering if they should get it now or later when it's in the bargain bin; get it now.

To those who hate the change; you must have a Remedy stick shoved up your a** because this game is nothing short of fantastic.