Possible Bug Push Cabinet

#1 Posted by Faks (96 posts) -

have a problem with pushing the cabinet in the burning office building

tried restart level not helping

tried restart from checkpoint not help

sow it's official bug i hope it will be sorted out soon :)

maybe somebody managed to bypass the bug ???

#2 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -
Whats the problem? I don't want to sound like a jerk, but you know you are supposed to tap the button right? The reason I ask is because I got confused the first time I played, and thought you had to hold down the button.
#3 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

That would be repeatedly tap the button/key depending on control device used. It's like a Quick Time puzzle, only it doesn't make it too obvious that it is.

#5 Posted by Faks (96 posts) -

problem solved my keyboard is just f*cked up should replace it with new one my bad :d .....

#6 Posted by keithth1 (1 posts) -
I'm having same problem!! Competely stuck and it's not keyboard. Mouse button for 'E' does same thing. Max reacts and pushes the cabinet but no matter how fast or slow I 'tap", cabinet won't fall.Anybody else see this?? I'm dead in the water!
#7 Posted by mark_lawler30 (1 posts) -
I've got the same issue. Have had similar issues with F key as well as the right mouse button for aiming and not aiming. Really dumb as that when the key quits working you can go in to options and reassign the key (to itself) and upon exiting setup it is as though you pushed the key again. Sometimes even happens with the left mouse button when firing. Game is full of these keyboard mouse issues on PC. It is just when you get to the cabinet there is no real workaround to get past it.
#8 Posted by vigneshnm (2 posts) -

Hi,

I have the game on PS3 and i'm facing the same problem. No matter how long & often i press the Triangle Key, the cabinet refuses to fall down. I downloaded the patch and updated the game to version 1.04 and yet the bug continues. Any ideas as to how to solve it now?

Thanks.

#9 Posted by goindownsmokin (7 posts) -

I was experiencing the same problem and tried some of the suggestions here: synchronize tapping with the flashing icon, etc. I thought the problem might be due to my ASUS keyboard, because they are known to have some issues with keys occasionally sticking.

I was finally able to get past the cabinet puzzle by repeatedly pushing the "E" key in rapid-fire mode... just pretend your trigger-finger is in single fire mode and you are trying to duplicate the 1200 RPM fire rate of a MAC-10... yes you need to push the button VERY fast and keep pushing... the cabinet tip-over sequence should roll after about 8 seconds. Hope this helps.

#10 Posted by vigneshnm (2 posts) -

ok thanks. I hope it works

#11 Posted by blanketman22 (7 posts) -

I've got the same issue. Have had similar issues with F key as well as the right mouse button for aiming and not aiming. Really dumb as that when the key quits working you can go in to options and reassign the key (to itself) and upon exiting setup it is as though you pushed the key again. Sometimes even happens with the left mouse button when firing. Game is full of these keyboard mouse issues on PC. It is just when you get to the cabinet there is no real workaround to get past it. mark_lawler30

got this game today and I already hate it. when I play for a few minutes the mouse fire key wont work, nor the key for bullettime or anything else. I just end up dying with no controls working at all.

"Game is full of these keyboard mouse issues on PC". any idea of how this can be fixed? plz help :)

#12 Posted by blanketman22 (7 posts) -

validated game cache on steam and installed driver for my logitech mouse and now things run well. got so far in the game that the push cabinet E-E-E-E went all right :)

#13 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

LOL on the mouse drivers. Ya gots ta feed it da cheeze mon. :P

Yeah I've been trying to tell anyone struggling with the cabinet that it's a rapid Quick Time thing. You can't be lazy with those taps. ;)