Pc or 360?

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Hey all, I will be buying this game first day but not sure which system to get it for.  Will it be much different maxed out on pc 1080p than 360 on a 1080p tv ?  Thanks for any help with this.

#2 Posted by Iffy350 (8345 posts) -

PC if you're a fan of the series or console if other.

#3 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I am a fan of the series but played the first 2 when I was a kid and played them on console.  I guess I'll go for pc this time around since I have a really good one and will have diablo 3 to keep me occupied the extra couple weeks anyway.

#4 Posted by IamNick2k11 (50 posts) -
Hey I know this has already been sorted but just thought I'd point out that the Pc version is no mere port. This game gets the full whack on pc with graphics. Dx11, tessellation, physx etc :) Not that graphics are everything but in cinematic games like Max payne this really does give a tremendous impact to gameplay =) Drop me a Pm if you want my steam so I can have a blast with you :) this goes to anyone else who will be eager to play the Multiplayer. Peace Xxx
#5 Posted by orbit991 (589 posts) -

I'll believe it when I see it. Rockstar is notorious for doing horrible PC ports. I would go xbox or at least wait for reviews. Also considering their specs this may look incredibly brilliant with high res textures everywhere or just really badly optimized like their other PC releases. O yea, and then there is the question of what DRM is used.

#6 Posted by vishisluv7 (480 posts) -

Get it for your nice PC. You use a controller and you got the ease of xbox with graphics / larger MP players allowed of PC.

#7 Posted by reza1368 (10 posts) -

100% on 360

#8 Posted by DieselCat18 (2960 posts) -

I don't understand why anyone would want to use a controller over a KB/M on a PC...especially when playing a shooter, but to each his own. I have this coming for PC, though I did play the first 2 MP titles on the original Xbox.

*+

#9 Posted by Armyboy5 (1478 posts) -

PC..

#10 Posted by Hwdareu87 (135 posts) -

my thoughts exactly. also, unless you have a USB plug in to go wireless for your controller I feel like it is a pain in the ass to use. plus the whole switching back and forth between controller and keyboard to go through programs seems uncessesary when you could just use keyboard and mouse for more precision. 

#11 Posted by IrishSJ23 (1891 posts) -

I use a PS3 navigation controller for WASD movement among other things and a mouse. To me its the best of both worlds. Right analog stick is not as accurate as a mouse and using a keyboard isn't appealing to me. I game on my couch with this setup and just sold my C2Q and got an Ivy Bridge rig with a GTX 670 so I cant wait to play this on PC!

PS - to anyone else interested in this setup you need a program like xpadder to map the nav controller and you need a gaming mouse with extra buttons for obvious reasons.

#12 Posted by KidX13 (15 posts) -

Hey I know this has already been sorted but just thought I'd point out that the Pc version is no mere port. This game gets the full whack on pc with graphics. Dx11, tessellation, physx etc IamNick2k11

Volition, said similar things about the PC version of Saints Row the third and that turned out to be a glorafied techincal mess, as it had quite a few problems particularly with SLI systems and certian Video cards, a similar thing thing happend with RAGE as anyone with an ATI card couldn't run it period.  Also almost all of Rockstar's previous ports have been very poor, so honestly i'm just buying it for console, unless it turns out that the PC version is like 10 times better than the console.