Not To Sure About The Multiplayer

#1 Posted by chadbtownvt (70 posts) -

Most shooters i play i have atleast a 1k/d ratio, in max payne in the ass 3"s multiplayer i got like a .80, i'll be lighting dudes up and at the last sec the go behind cover, you dont know how many times thats happen, they have like a sliver of life? then theres the dual pistols, most games its the f'ing dual pistols or pistol and revoler, way to over powered its ridiculous, before i can even think about shooting these guys im dead by the damn pistols? i'll add more, dont get me wrong it can be fun but im getting alittle aggravated, my k/d in mw3 is 1.62? and these beauties are owning me in this game?

#2 Posted by KiwiKid980 (43 posts) -

I agree they need to fix dual wielding way overpowerd they need to balance alot out 

#3 Posted by chadbtownvt (70 posts) -

Still feeling uneasy w the multiplayer, most of the game is good but multiplayer is kicking my ass, i play shooters all the time and i get good fairly quick or atleast hold a 1-1.5 k/d ratio not no .70 or something stupid, dudes be killing ,e w two bullets? i'll turn the corner and have no chance to respond? something just seems unfair? i try and try and will keeping trying untill i get to annoyed and i'll trade it in, hopefully things fall in place and things make since but so far im feeling frustrated. dudes be killing me from half way across the map but when i get in a fire fight 10feet in front of me i can barley kill them. the most annoying is when im shooting someone and there almost dead and they duck behind something real quick so i go to finish them and they manage to kill me? wtf **** backwards?

#4 Posted by patrick5152003 (1807 posts) -

ya, and it sux you cant start off with a pistol? its real addicting tho. and the level up stuff is cool

#5 Posted by romeo_longsword (86 posts) -

Most shooters i play i have atleast a 1k/d ratio, in max payne in the ass 3"s multiplayer i got like a .80, i'll be lighting dudes up and at the last sec the go behind cover, you dont know how many times thats happen, they have like a sliver of life? then theres the dual pistols, most games its the f'ing dual pistols or pistol and revoler, way to over powered its ridiculous, before i can even think about shooting these guys im dead by the damn pistols? i'll add more, dont get me wrong it can be fun but im getting alittle aggravated, my k/d in mw3 is 1.62? and these beauties are owning me in this game?

chadbtownvt

Have you try to work together as a team with other people?

The problem I found with a lot of players out there is that they think they can take on the world in the open, rushing in like rambos and not only get themselves killed, but get the team score lowered.

A lot of people also express that a certain gun is more powerful then the other, while all that is true, it is all in the tastics and teamwork, you can bring harder enermies with the right method.

In terms of being killed before taking cover, you need to make your decesion quicker, againest good and avrage player you do not have a lot of space to act stupidly, think, be aware the positions of your teamate, and you would usually do well.

This is the beauty of this game where you need to work together, if you want to act like a ramdo, you can do that on single player.

#6 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

I personally found the MP to be difficult at the start but by no means impossible.

To use the comparison of K/D ratios between MW3 and Max Payne 3 in order to show how 'unbalanced' or 'difficult' the game is is beyond idiotic though imo. They are completely different games with completely different playstyles. Your not going to be good at one because your good at the other by default.

People need to just practice. Gamers these days just expect to be good at a game because they are good at others, which I just find laughable.

#7 Posted by -Carge- (1030 posts) -
A lot of the issues I see with players in MP is they think shoot dodging when the target sees it coming is a good idea. People need to realise you can't play MP like you do SP because that only get you killed. In terms of the MP gameplay though: Frequent crashes on matchmaking, Getting stuck or hung up on corners, walls, scenery, Dual Wield being way OP in comparison to long guns, Melee being instant win, even when you have your back to the victim you can still rifle butt and hit them... Grenades being unwieldy and cumbersome to use, Sprint being useless, seriously, you move barely any quicker than the normal jog. Game could've really benefited from a beta period but thank fully all these potential issues are fixable with patches, whether rockstar will bother with patches.
#8 Posted by Norrie91 (2444 posts) -

I'm actually really enjoying the Multiplayer and I'm usually the one complaining about MP being put into games that predicessors didn't have it in them. just ask the anyone on the Mass Effect 3 board I pretty much trolled about how much I hated the idea of MP and of how much I don't like it now that its out lol.

#9 Posted by pokajabba (4737 posts) -
To be honest, the multiplayer is not that great in itself anyway. The only way I have fun with it, is to not take it seriously and just not care about my score. When I care about my score, I usually get a 2.0 K/D ratio but I also don't have any fun, since its as basic as multiplayer get's. Run around - KILL, run around - KILL, run around - KILL. When I don't take it seriously though, I tend to have a blast. Been in about 40+ games so far and NO ONE on my team has ever bothered to do objectives as of yet, so I don't take it seriously and run around killing and having an awesome time. Even if my K/D ration is .82
#10 Posted by XxSwiftyxX (379 posts) -

Forces you to work together cutting out the chance of you taking out the entire team while they are unloading clips of unholy death. But if you flank you could take out the team by yourselve depending on how compentent those players are in using their hud map.

#11 Posted by maximo (2403 posts) -

I can empathise with TC comments as I felt the same way. But its like everything, it takes practice, understanding the maps, loadouts and 'perks' which best suit your gameplay style.

I am now level 8 whilst I am not particulary amazing at this game I feel like I am improving game by game. I love Gang Wars and ofcourse TDM.

Having said this, the game is not without its issues and needs tweaing much in the way TC has mentioned. Sometimes spawns are off kilter, I get shot in the back quite a bit and it feels like some players are 'invincible'. It feels like hit detection is off sometimes.

I would also like to add that it takes way too long to throw a grenade. It feels awkward and I don't like the huge 'explosion' signal that pops up when one is nearby.

Overall though I love the game and when you factor in the whole package it is another pure quality product by Rockstar.

#12 Posted by Danny_1993 (1798 posts) -
My only problem with it is the whole "you spawn and can die within 4 second" aspect of it and that people can spawn in front/behind you of you and kill you Sort out those tweaks and it will be so much better
#13 Posted by Danny_1993 (1798 posts) -
My only problem with it is the whole "you spawn and can die within 4 second" aspect of it and that people can spawn in front/behind you of you and kill you Sort out those tweaks and it will be so much better
#14 Posted by Chronospherics (29 posts) -

It's one big mess. Even dual pistols aside everything else would still be unbalanced. 

All the fully automatic weapons are mostly useless. The SMGs especially so, weapons like the MP5 only come with a 20 round clip which if you're lucky you can get 1-2 kills with, per clip. 2 being very optimistic. Meanwhile with dual pistols or a semi-automatic you can kill at least 5 people per clip.

That's without even touching on aspects like the games map design. Many of the games maps you can see across the entire thing, and because of the name which points people out for you (which is a good thing really) you can simply sit back with a powerful semi-auto or dual pistols and dispatch people really easily.

The openness of many of the maps also means it absolutely fails at capturing the coridor shooter experience that Max Payne is known for. Bullet time feels tacked for the sake of it. Makes next to no difference to gameplay dynamics and it's annoying being slowed down at random because you bumped into the line of sight of someone (teammate or enemy) who activated it. Often this is activated when you're not even in a position to see / kill anyone, so you just get to enjoy moving around in slow motion for 3 seconds.

Overall the MP is very sub par. The SP suffers the same control issues as MP but it's tolerable for the 10hours that it lasts and the unbalanced nature Max's arsenal is irrelevant for a singleplayer experience. It's a good rental but that's it.  

#15 Posted by chadbtownvt (70 posts) -

Some good feedback here for sure. As for the spawn thing i know you can select a perk or whatever you want to call it to give your team some spawn advantage, ive seen that? i agree the red names give you up very quickly but i guess there's a perk to counter that. some weapons seem very useless and some like the dual pistol/revolver/small machine gun are very annoyingly overpowered, swear if i get killed by another mtf pistol. last two days i ve been trying to unlock all the gold weapons by finding the pieces in single player, they are scattered about for sure. the multiplayer does seem abit unbalanced, if i start shooting a guy 3 sec's before he starts shooting then i should usually win that fight? guess there perks and **** can affect that?

#16 Posted by davidsworld3 (2976 posts) -

I wont touch the mp, I was more interested in the single player campaign, and was hoping for a great story, and a return of the gritty evil nature of the first game but am very disappointed. I dont trade games back anymore a waste of my time, it's a good game in it's own way but I dont like it personally I went back to the first game which for me is way more fun.

#17 Posted by Norrie91 (2444 posts) -

Many of the games maps Chronospherics
Couldn't help but laugh at that considering theres only like 6/7 maps, thats not many.

The Docks.

Hoboken Alleys.

The Bus Depo.

Offices.

Rooftop of Moderno.

Nova Esperanca.

That and the Spawing in front and behind people are the only things I can complain about (alot of games seem to be making that Spawning mistake recentlly.). More maps that should have been there would be, Nightclub, Stadium & Airport it gets boring having people vote for the Offices one all the fricken time even though Hoboken is the best Map.

#18 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -
There could be countless issues you are running into. Your connection may not be good enough for you to perform. You may not be accurate enough. You might be getting too frustrated. You may simply have bad luck. I currently have a 1.99 K/D which is pretty garbage if you ask me, normally I rock a 2.50-4.00 in most shooters, but this game is different. Call of duty is an extremely easy game, and if thats your K/D then you shouldn't be expecting higher or similar on this game. You also have to understand that in terms of aiming, this game gives you a big dot, and its an awful lot of close range combat. Which means its going to be extremely easy for anyone, to take out anyone down in close range, with say... dual pistols? And I can tell you assuming the game is unbalanced, you are simply wrong. Especially if you compare it to call of duty. Not only that, but a great majority of people haven't even unlocked everything yet (you probably haven't either) so how would you, or anyone else for that matter have any idea how balanced the game is? The first step is figuring out what the issue is, a process of elimination works for me. Then figure out how you are going to solve that problem. Are you getting frustrated? If so why? Lets say its the trash talk you hear online Then hop into an xboxlive party by yourself, and just listen to the game. Thats just one example.
#19 Posted by BoondockSaint66 (430 posts) -

"And I can tell you assuming the game is unbalanced, you are simply wrong. Especially if you compare it to call of duty.
Not only that, but a great majority of people haven't even unlocked everything yet (you probably haven't either) so how would you, or anyone else for that matter have any idea how balanced the game is?"

Lol, what the hell? That's like saying "you can't say this sandwich tastes like crap until you've eaten every sandwich". You don't need everything unlocked in order for somebody to make a judgment call. The game has some balance issues, it's pretty apparent. Many people share the same opinion, if you disagree, that's cool, but what you said is downright condescending.

#20 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

"And I can tell you assuming the game is unbalanced, you are simply wrong. Especially if you compare it to call of duty.
Not only that, but a great majority of people haven't even unlocked everything yet (you probably haven't either) so how would you, or anyone else for that matter have any idea how balanced the game is?"

Lol, what the hell? That's like saying "you can't say this sandwich tastes like crap until you've eaten every sandwich". You don't need everything unlocked in order for somebody to make a judgment call. The game has some balance issues, it's pretty apparent. Many people share the same opinion, if you disagree, that's cool, but what you said is downright condescending.

BoondockSaint66
Well, like the guy above you are simply wrong. And your analogy doesn't make any sense. A great majority of people haven't unlocked everything, so no unless you have, you can't possibly know how balanced the game is. Like in BF3, the dart has been overpowered since the games release, but people only started using it when they decided to go ahead and unlock it. You are right, you don't need everything unlocked in order to make a judgment call. But you do need everything unlocked to make a judgment call that is correct. Anyways, if you are so right, and I'am so wrong, please tell me whats unbalanced. I mean you just said "You are wrong" why? "because" fantastic, wasting my time, are we? And whether or not something is balanced isn't opinion.
#21 Posted by BoondockSaint66 (430 posts) -

Okay, an opinion is a judgment. Somebody judging something and giving their take. The general consensus in this thread is that some things are unbalanced with the multiplayer.

The analogy makes plenty of sense: you're saying that no one can make a judgment until they've seen everything the game has to offer for some reason. Things don't need to be viewed so broadly, if even one thing is overpowered, than it's overpowered and anything that isn't unlocked yet is irrelevant. The game still has weaponry that is overpowered. Let's break this down for you:

I eat a sandwich.

It isn't good. But before determining that it isn't good, somebody tells me I can't say the sandwich isn't good until I've tried every other sandwich the restaurant has to offer, that way I can somehow better gauge an opinion on just how not-good the first sandwich was.

Nobody cares about the unlocks and you don't need to have them to say some things are overpowered. I'm truly awed that you don't understand the flaw in that logic.

I'm a Max Payne fan and have been for a long time, so I'm by no means trolling this game. I defended it when the new direction it was taking was revealed and there was backlash on these very forums. I enjoy this game and occasionally play some multiplayer.

However, I won't blindly defend things about it that I, and many others, see as flaws.

Also, spacing everything you say out like this doesn't make you seem more menacing.

If you continue a thought, it is okay to keep it in the same paragraph since you are talking about the same thing.

You seem to only be talking about the same thing, so don't waste your precious time spacing it out so much.

Also, nothing that anyone says to you on here could possibly "waste your time". You created an account Thursday, you aren't doing charity work for humanity on these boards, just appear to be jumping from thread to thread telling people their wrong. So, congratulations on a life fulfilled. I've said my part and have better things to do.

#22 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

Okay, an opinion is a judgment. Somebody judging something and giving their take. The general consensus in this thread is that some things are unbalanced with the multiplayer.

The analogy makes plenty of sense: you're saying that no one can make a judgment until they've seen everything the game has to offer for some reason. Things don't need to be viewed so broadly, if even one thing is overpowered, than it's overpowered and anything that isn't unlocked yet is irrelevant. The game still has weaponry that is overpowered. Let's break this down for you:

I eat a sandwich.

It isn't good. But before determining that it isn't good, somebody tells me I can't say the sandwich isn't good until I've tried every other sandwich the restaurant has to offer, that way I can somehow better gauge an opinion on just how not-good the first sandwich was.

Nobody cares about the unlocks and you don't need to have them to say some things are overpowered. I'm truly awed that you don't understand the flaw in that logic.

I'm a Max Payne fan and have been for a long time, so I'm by no means trolling this game. I defended it when the new direction it was taking was revealed and there was backlash on these very forums. I enjoy this game and occasionally play some multiplayer.

However, I won't blindly defend things about it that I, and many others, see as flaws.

Also, spacing everything you say out like this doesn't make you seem more menacing.

If you continue a thought, it is okay to keep it in the same paragraph since you are talking about the same thing.

You seem to only be talking about the same thing, so don't waste your precious time spacing it out so much.

Also, nothing that anyone says to you on here could possibly "waste your time". You created an account Thursday, you aren't doing charity work for humanity on these boards, just appear to be jumping from thread to thread telling people their wrong. So, congratulations on a life fulfilled. I've said my part and have better things to do.

BoondockSaint66
An opinion is not a judgment, they are similar. Again, your analogy does not make sense. Why would you need to eat another sandwich to determine how good the one you are eating is? Explain how that makes sense, please. The only logical way that works, is if the multiplayer portion of MP3 represents the sandwich, it has layers, different flavours. The other sandwiches could only logically represent other video games, and the restaurant could only logically represent the gaming industry itself. So why on earth would you need to play another video game, to know how balanced, or not balanced MP3 is? I'll use your poor analogy, and make one that makes sense; You take a bite of a burger, unfortunately, you didn't get any of the meat in your bite, and all you got was bread, toppings, and condiments in your bite. You decide the sandwich is terrible. How can you possibly make a decision on something, if you haven't experienced it, in its entirety? "Nobody cares about the unlocks and you don't need to have them to say some things are overpowered. I'm truly awed that you don't understand the flaw in that logic." I couldn't have said it better myself. Here we go, I'll have to hold your hand through this one also I guess. Many people say the semi auto sniper is overpowered, "its a one hit kill" everyone says. Well, if you had armour unlocked at level 40, and a helmet, it isn't a one hit kill. So yes, if an unlock has an effect on another weapon, its quite obvious it matters. Thats fantastic, I'm an online gamer, I've been playing shooters since Counter Strike over a decade ago, and I know a thing or two about balance in a video game. "However, I won't blindly defend things about it that I, and many others, see as flaws." This makes my day honestly, I like to call that, the grade school mentality. So I guess if all your friends were in a cult you'd join too? I guess if they all decided one day they'd do a group suicide, you'd take part? Just because this thread is negative towards multiplayer, doesn't mean what people are saying in this thread are true. "Also, spacing everything you say out like this doesn't make you seem more menacing." Fantastic, I'm talking to a teenager. This is how I speak in my personal life, so this is how I speak on forums, can't handle it? I suggest you join a cult, and drink the juice with rat poisoning. I say a sentence, and then give you a chance to absorb it, and think of a response to that sentence. Also, why on earth do you think I should randomly make paragraphs because I can? Where did you learn english? Do you just capitalize letters, and throw in commas and periods whenever? "If you continue a thought, it is okay to keep it in the same paragraph since you are talking about the same thing." The irony, oh the irony. "You seem to only be talking about the same thing, so don't waste your precious time spacing it out so much." This is not english class, you dunce. This is a conversation, or a discussion. I suppose based on how bitter you clearly are, you don't have much of a social life, but people do not speak in paragraphs, conversations/discussions are back and forth. And if you think I'am talking about the same thing, you are completely incompetent; "in BF3, the dart has been overpowered" "your analogy doesn't make any sense." Odd, it seems that I spoke of two completely different things, oh my word, how dare I! And you really think this takes "precious time", now you are quite obviously trolling. What you rocking a word per minute or something? This takes no time at all, though I find it flattering that you are so concerned about me, and how I spend my time. It kind of lets me know that my suspicion about your lack of a social life, isn't very likely to be much of a suspicion at all. So desperate for socializing with another person, that you actually care about how I spend my time? Hilarious. " I've said my part and have better things to do." Apparently not, since you just made this post. And had the time to go and find out when I created this account. And I've actually been a member of gamespot since 2001, this account happens to be linked with my gamer tag. "Also, nothing that anyone says to you on here could possibly "waste your time"" I'd argue making an analogy that doesn't make any sense at all is a waste of my time. "you aren't doing charity work for humanity on these boards" But I'am doing more than you it seems; "Interesting...thanks for the detailed response." Has someone thanked you for something you've done? "appear to be jumping from thread to thread telling people their wrong." I think this last one beats the comment where you said I was talking about the same thing. So you are upset with me, because I don't have the same opinion as you do? Seriously, what is wrong with kids this day and age? "HE DIDENT HAV DA SAM3 OPINIAN AS MEEE!!!!!"' Thats what I hear in my head, when I read that sentence.