No Hype

#1 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

There is practically non-existant hype for this game. No real good marketing either. It's pretty sad. I don't think Max Payne 3 is gonna sale very well. Looks like it might be the more underrated game in all of Rockstar's releases. Even BULLY was more hyped that this.

Thing is... is they just had their huge Red Dead Redemption release only 2 years ago, which featured cool trailers with the narrator kinda spelling everything out and giving you a cool teaser taste into the features of the game. Max Payne 3 tried to do the same thing, but it was like they were pushing features that.... have been seen before. I mean making a big deal about how the character moves fluidly... big deal right? And then they try and kinda push the cinematics, but.. we've seen cinematics..

It felt like they didn't have much to present to the consumers 'presentation' wise.. so this is why people are skeptical. I've found no LEAKED footage for the game either, and like.. EVERY ROCKSTAR GAME is almost 'infamous' for being hyped and leaked and people going insane over their games.... Max Payne....... not so much. :( It stinks, because I kinda was hoping it would do well, than just 'average'.

#2 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
Give me a moment as I dissect this: 1.) What 'cool tastes' were you given when you saw the Red Dead Redemption trailers that are seen in absolutely no other game? I'm really curious, I just can't think of any. 2.) The character fluidity is a big deal. I can't think of any game that has character movement such as this: being able to run, turn, dive, roll around while diving, and fire, 360 degrees, at any time you want. 3.) You haven't seen cinematics like Max Payne 3. Trust me. 4.) You haven't found leaked footage? You're obviously not trying. I've done YouTube searches throughout the week and found numerous videos, both with SP and MP footage. 5.) And were MP1 and MP2 as hyped as, say, Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV? I've always thought they were heavily underrated games with big fans following behind the series. In the end, there is no hype for this game...for you. I've awaited this game since it's announcement years ago, and am giddy as can be to hit up a midnight release tomorrow.
#3 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

Give me a moment as I dissect this: 1.) What 'cool tastes' were you given when you saw the Red Dead Redemption trailers that are seen in absolutely no other game? I'm really curious, I just can't think of any. 2.) The character fluidity is a big deal. I can't think of any game that has character movement such as this: being able to run, turn, dive, roll around while diving, and fire, 360 degrees, at any time you want. 3.) You haven't seen cinematics like Max Payne 3. Trust me. 4.) You haven't found leaked footage? You're obviously not trying. I've done YouTube searches throughout the week and found numerous videos, both with SP and MP footage. 5.) And were MP1 and MP2 as hyped as, say, Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV? I've always thought they were heavily underrated games with big fans following behind the series. In the end, there is no hype for this game...for you. I've awaited this game since it's announcement years ago, and am giddy as can be to hit up a midnight release tomorrow.niptuck117

Talk about a nerds response.. get with reality man. :) You are obviously super biased and fanboying the game. NOW, can I get a response from someone that can actually see what's going on and is not blinded childlishly over a game they WANT to do well. If yer gonna respond to me, don't do it pretending like YOUR little special game is going to be perfect.

#4 Posted by deadlyvenom420 (4 posts) -

I havnt been following this game much because ive been really really busy lately. Till about like the last 2 or 3 weeks ago I was like "oh yea they're making a 3rd max payne'

I did think the trailers were cool and I found leaked footage from about 5 different sources during the past 2 days even on youtube i found some.

Im still not sure if i wanna get it yet though, im still waiting for some reviews. Hopefully its good because the game looks interesting.

#5 Posted by deadlyvenom420 (4 posts) -

Dayum! im comming off the internet I typed in something just to check n found 30 mins of footage. n closed it immediatly  I dont wanna spoil it for myself

#6 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -

[QUOTE="niptuck117"]Give me a moment as I dissect this: 1.) What 'cool tastes' were you given when you saw the Red Dead Redemption trailers that are seen in absolutely no other game? I'm really curious, I just can't think of any. 2.) The character fluidity is a big deal. I can't think of any game that has character movement such as this: being able to run, turn, dive, roll around while diving, and fire, 360 degrees, at any time you want. 3.) You haven't seen cinematics like Max Payne 3. Trust me. 4.) You haven't found leaked footage? You're obviously not trying. I've done YouTube searches throughout the week and found numerous videos, both with SP and MP footage. 5.) And were MP1 and MP2 as hyped as, say, Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV? I've always thought they were heavily underrated games with big fans following behind the series. In the end, there is no hype for this game...for you. I've awaited this game since it's announcement years ago, and am giddy as can be to hit up a midnight release tomorrow.j17neo

Talk about a nerds response.. get with reality man. :) You are obviously super biased and fanboying the game. NOW, can I get a response from someone that can actually see what's going on and is not blinded childlishly over a game they WANT to do well. If yer gonna respond to me, don't do it pretending like YOUR little special game is going to be perfect.

I didn't pretend like the game was special; I just pointed out the flaws in your logic. No need to complain, call me a child, or a fanboy. I've always been a fan of the Max Payne series, and I loved Red Dead Redemption - where is the fanboyism you speak of? Stop being so pessimistic about it. If anything, you're the one acting like a fanboy, praising Red Dead Redemption over the marketing and dogging Max Payne 3 for its marketing. Give it a shot.
#7 Posted by Hwdareu87 (135 posts) -

j17neo

wow, you obviously have no idea how to argue do you? you pretty much lost any support for your arguement the moment you decided to be a little b^tch and insult the guy for giving his opinion. now you just look like an a^^hole 

#8 Posted by HipHopBeats (2852 posts) -

Dayum! im comming off the internet I typed in something just to check n found 30 mins of footage. n closed it immediatly  I dont wanna spoil it for myself

deadlyvenom420

Lol, is it that serious?

#9 Posted by Hortey (1366 posts) -

Most people like me dismissed the game the minute they realized it wasn't a free roam game.  While max payne fans are glad to see their franchise returning, most people were simply annoyed that rockstar spent all this time creating a coriddor shooter instead of the free roam games they are prized for.

Look at how well recieved games like GTA and RDR did vs. LA noire(even though it wasn't them developing) and manhunt games.  Everyone loves R*'s gta style games because they are really the only people doing them, and out of the few that are, they are the ones that do it well every single time.  But when they make the game play just like EVERY OTHER GAME out right now with a new story and a tweaked engine, everyone just yawns and goes "so when is GTA5 coming?".

This seems like a cool game, but it's nothing new, and nothing other games are giving us atm.  The only really different thing about the game is the euphoria engine which has been enhanced slightly since RDR.  The single player leads you by the hand the entire way, there is never room to stray more than 15 feet in either direction for most of the game, the engine is cool but it's all going to depend on if the MP takes off.  Game is pretty cool, but a lot of people (as I said before) are just waiting for rockstar to get back to making the games they are reknowned for.

#10 Posted by Hortey (1366 posts) -

Nothing other games AREN'T giving us atm. *

#11 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

Hwdareu87

j17neo

wow, you obviously have no idea how to argue do you? you pretty much lost any support for your arguement the moment you decided to be a little b^tch and insult the guy for giving his opinion. now you just look like an a^^hole 

Don't want -your- opinion, respect, NOR your support. How's that? I don't care about you, only what mature people have to say without being so OBVIOUSLY biased.
#12 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

Most people like me dismissed the game the minute they realized it wasn't a free roam game.  While max payne fans are glad to see their franchise returning, most people were simply annoyed that rockstar spent all this time creating a coriddor shooter instead of the free roam games they are prized for.

Look at how well recieved games like GTA and RDR did vs. LA noire(even though it wasn't them developing) and manhunt games.  Everyone loves R*'s gta style games because they are really the only people doing them, and out of the few that are, they are the ones that do it well every single time.  But when they make the game play just like EVERY OTHER GAME out right now with a new story and a tweaked engine, everyone just yawns and goes "so when is GTA5 coming?".

This seems like a cool game, but it's nothing new, and nothing other games are giving us atm.  The only really different thing about the game is the euphoria engine which has been enhanced slightly since RDR.  The single player leads you by the hand the entire way, there is never room to stray more than 15 feet in either direction for most of the game, the engine is cool but it's all going to depend on if the MP takes off.  Game is pretty cool, but a lot of people (as I said before) are just waiting for rockstar to get back to making the games they are reknowned for.

Hortey
Exactly.. they keep making a big deal about the multiplayer even, and when you go and actually watch gameplay.. it looks like a shooter from back in the day. IE, Duke Nuken: "A Time to Kill" multiplayer, or other older third person run and gun. There's no strategy to it, you just.. run aimlessly.. and gun, hoping to make a kill with no real strategy behind it. So I don't see the multiplayer being all too good. They over hyped it in the trailers by far.
#13 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
@j17neo, what are some of your favorite online shooters, then? I'm curious as to what makes them so ingenuitive.
#14 Posted by Hatz82 (26 posts) -

OP, it's pretty obvious that you're the one that isn't hyped.  Just because you aren't excited for the game doesn't mean that assloads of other people aren't excited.  

There is practically non-existant hype for this game. No real good marketing either. It's pretty sad. I don't think Max Payne 3 is gonna sale very well. Looks like it might be the more underrated game in all of Rockstar's releases. Even BULLY was more hyped that this.

Thing is... is they just had their huge Red Dead Redemption release only 2 years ago, which featured cool trailers with the narrator kinda spelling everything out and giving you a cool teaser taste into the features of the game. Max Payne 3 tried to do the same thing, but it was like they were pushing features that.... have been seen before. I mean making a big deal about how the character moves fluidly... big deal right? And then they try and kinda push the cinematics, but.. we've seen cinematics..

It felt like they didn't have much to present to the consumers 'presentation' wise.. so this is why people are skeptical. I've found no LEAKED footage for the game either, and like.. EVERY ROCKSTAR GAME is almost 'infamous' for being hyped and leaked and people going insane over their games.... Max Payne....... not so much. :( It stinks, because I kinda was hoping it would do well, than just 'average'.

j17neo

Non-existent hype?  No marketing?  Lol.  All it takes is punching "Max Payne 3" into Google news or Google video to prove how wrong you are.  Or try going to the Rockstar website.  You clearly haven't done that.  If you did, you'd know there are trailers and previews of this game up the ying yang (almost all of which are positive).  Let me break it down for you, this game will sell well because:

1.  You have Max Payne fans that have been itching for a sequel for almost a decade.  Whether or not this game is a sh*tpile, they will buy it.

2.  It has "Rockstar" attached to it which means auto-buy for loads of other people.

3.  The reviews are coming in for this game and aside from Gametrailers' mediocre review, all other reviews are kicking ass.  Not that reviews will ultimately be the rise or fall of this game, they do have a hand in swaying peoples' opinions.

4.  I'd say there are more people getting psyched for this game than people being skeptical.  Every time I see a preview of the game, head over to Rockstar's site, or check youtube vids almost every single comment that people leave is that they are absolutely in love with this game.  It's been going that way for months and the more Rockstar has revealed about the game, the more pumped people are getting.

The only thing I'll say about this is that they took too long to market it in my opinion.  They've kind of been more or less cramming it all in since about January instead of spreading it out.  

j17neo

You need to get with reality pal.  He's not being biased, everything he said is factual.  Deal with it.  It's painfully obvious that you don't like MP and it appears you're the one that doesn't want it to do well.  Why else would you make a thread b*tching about everything MP3?

Most people like me dismissed the game the minute they realized it wasn't a free roam game. While max payne fans are glad to see their franchise returning, most people were simply annoyed that rockstar spent all this time creating a coriddor shooter instead of the free roam games they are prized for.

Hortey

Aaaaaaaand I stopped reading right there.  You haven't played Max Payne before have you?  If you had then you'd realize that MP has never ever ever EVER been a sandbox game.  It shouldn't be.  It's always been a linear, story-driven shooter.  It wouldn't be MP if they made it like GTA.  If they made it free roam then it'd be.... GTA.  GTAV is coming out this year.  You want open world stuff, buy that.  Don't wish that trash into a MP game.  Damn kids growing up in the GTA generation.....

Exactly.. they keep making a big deal about the multiplayer even, and when you go and actually watch gameplay.. it looks like a shooter from back in the day. IE, Duke Nuken: "A Time to Kill" multiplayer, or other older third person run and gun. There's no strategy to it, you just.. run aimlessly.. and gun, hoping to make a kill with no real strategy behind it. So I don't see the multiplayer being all too good. They over hyped it in the trailers by far.

j17neo

This one is tricky since MP has never done multiplayer before.  I honestly can't tell you how good it's going to be but again... looking at all the previews and now reviews, gaming sites are liking it so it can't be all bad.  I will say this though, running and gunning aimlessly?  You're not looking very hard or at all the vids.  Cover and bursts change the gameplay up beyond "running and gunning".  Granted, they kind of took a page out of Cod's playbook with the whole "perks" thing but I'll give it a chance.

When it's all said and done, if you want the game, buy it.  If you don't want the game, don't make a thread crying about it.  Guaranteed you're in the minority here OP.  

#15 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
@Hatz82, thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.
#16 Posted by Hatz82 (26 posts) -
@Hatz82, thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.niptuck117
I just don't like the blind hate. And I say "blind" because OP is consciously wearing blinders. I also can't stand the "no hype" crap when everything that I've seen and read shows the polar opposite. And I'm tired of people being called a fanboy if they think this game is going to be awesome. The truth is, back when this was first announced back in '09 and all we saw was a bald, fat Max in Brazil, no one was more pissed about it than me. I HATED this game. We didn't see any gameplay, we didn't know anything about the story, we didn't know jack other than Max not looking like Max, him being transplanted in Brazil, and Remedy not developing the game. The more Rockstar released, the more I got behind this until I was ultimately jacked about the release. I'm a die hard MP fan and I was originally going to swear this thing off until I saw a lot more of it. Then I realized how wrong I was.
#17 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
@Hatz82, you and I both. I laughed it off as a joke, and said I would never try out the game: all from a few plot details and a single picture. Now, years later, I'm heavily, HEAVILY anticipating the midnight release tonight, and am counting down the hours until I get to leave for my local GameStop to pick up my Collector's Edition I happily spent $100 on. Going to be a very enjoyable night. The 'blind hate' thing is very obvious in this thread; why come on and waste your time trashing something you don't like? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but coming on a game forum for something you hate, then getting defensive when someone attempts to defend it, is a joke.
#18 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

OP, it's pretty obvious that you're the one that isn't hyped. Just because you aren't excited for the game doesn't mean that assloads of other people aren't excited.

[QUOTE="j17neo"]

You need to get with reality pal. He's not being biased, everything he said is factual. Deal with it. It's painfully obvious that you don't like MP and it appears you're the one that doesn't want it to do well. Why else would you make a thread b*tching about everything MP3?

[QUOTE="Hortey"]

Most people like me dismissed the game the minute they realized it wasn't a free roam game. While max payne fans are glad to see their franchise returning, most people were simply annoyed that rockstar spent all this time creating a coriddor shooter instead of the free roam games they are prized for.

Hatz82

Aaaaaaaand I stopped reading right there. You haven't played Max Payne before have you? If you had then you'd realize that MP has never ever ever EVER been a sandbox game. It shouldn't be. It's always been a linear, story-driven shooter. It wouldn't be MP if they made it like GTA. If they made it free roam then it'd be.... GTA. GTAV is coming out this year. You want open world stuff, buy that. Don't wish that trash into a MP game. Damn kids growing up in the GTA generation.....

j17neo

This one is tricky since MP has never done multiplayer before. I honestly can't tell you how good it's going to be but again... looking at all the previews and now reviews, gaming sites are liking it so it can't be all bad. I will say this though, running and gunning aimlessly? You're not looking very hard or at all the vids. Cover and bursts change the gameplay up beyond "running and gunning". Granted, they kind of took a page out of Cod's playbook with the whole "perks" thing but I'll give it a chance.

When it's all said and done, if you want the game, buy it. If you don't want the game, don't make a thread crying about it. Guaranteed you're in the minority here OP.

You guys aren't that smart are you...? >P I'm not even gonna sugar your egos with a reply. lol. And btw.. yes.. I've played both Max Paynes. :D

#19 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
@j17neo, I'm sorry, but your replies just don't make any sense. We both have come back with credible replies, and we aren't smart...yet you can't even muster up a logical response?
#20 Posted by seisu93 (1166 posts) -

please do not feed the troll, thank you

#21 Posted by GetDownThatYard (3 posts) -
Red dead redemption is one of the best games I've played, And i can see that max payne is going to be fun and entertaining. I don't need PR telling me what i should or shouldn't buy, i can make that decision my self. The main complaints from people on the net and reviewers are that The game is.... 1. Too Long???? 2. That they removed that narrative style that was in the previous games. 3. That it's too hard??? (Well i for one like a challenge) 4. Too cinematic??? SERIOUSLY. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ANY OF THOSE THINGS. There are a lot of conflicting reviews on the net and i think it's a case that fans of the original games are having a hard time digesting what Rockstar have done with the series. Oh yes this also has to be one of the best looking games i have seen in a long while. And the physics...WoW. For people new to the series (In my case) there is everything to look forward to.
#22 Posted by Vozlov (1508 posts) -

No hype? This is practically the only game with any hype coming out till just before christmas.

#23 Posted by Fandango_Letho (5412 posts) -

[QUOTE="niptuck117"]Give me a moment as I dissect this: 1.) What 'cool tastes' were you given when you saw the Red Dead Redemption trailers that are seen in absolutely no other game? I'm really curious, I just can't think of any. 2.) The character fluidity is a big deal. I can't think of any game that has character movement such as this: being able to run, turn, dive, roll around while diving, and fire, 360 degrees, at any time you want. 3.) You haven't seen cinematics like Max Payne 3. Trust me. 4.) You haven't found leaked footage? You're obviously not trying. I've done YouTube searches throughout the week and found numerous videos, both with SP and MP footage. 5.) And were MP1 and MP2 as hyped as, say, Red Dead Redemption or GTA IV? I've always thought they were heavily underrated games with big fans following behind the series. In the end, there is no hype for this game...for you. I've awaited this game since it's announcement years ago, and am giddy as can be to hit up a midnight release tomorrow.j17neo

What you wrote won't really help your credibility, dude. You went from someone willing to have a mature conversation and you just blew it out of the window.
#24 Posted by hyper350 (125 posts) -

j17neo

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've been getting e-mails almost daily from Rockstar about this game. Sooo pumped for this release!

#25 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

This thread is dumb.

Nero your 'argument' is full of holes. Why wont this game do well? Because you cant find any footage? I have seen many tv adverts and loads of other materials.  And a sand box game!!!!!???

Rockstar's games are always good sellers. They know their market. MP has an excellent heritage and an established fan base.

Of course its run and gun what are you expecting, Total War?? I don't know why people embarrass themselves with these threads.

Go read a book.

#26 Posted by Ian_Vos (4 posts) -
This thread got really stupid really fast. Getting back on topic, I've seen plenty of commercials and ads for this game, but less flying around the internet than I expected, however, that could be because I spend less time on the internet than I used to. The game may not have been thoroughly advertised (to the general public), seeing as I think it is as good as expected, or better, when compared to the other two, at least in some ways. ...but I've definitely been able to come across campaign spoilers/gameplay/leaked stuff from even the night before the game came out. In the end, the game deserves hype, I guess only one's opinion can determine how much it should get. Subconsciously I was praying not to be let down by this game, and even though my expectations were high, it still outdid them.
#27 Posted by davidsworld3 (2976 posts) -

TC is obviously a butt hurt troll. Stop feeding him and his dumb ass will go away. No hype? For years I've heard stuff on and off about it,, just because they didn't rape your senses witht his game coming out dont mean they did little to let it be known it's coming out...Seriously your a douche bag tc you right away went to insulting irrationally I might add. How about you grow the f up and gtfo.

#28 Posted by j17neo (437 posts) -

You guys and your silly responses to my original post. I really find it amusing, and then I next question how old some of you are, getting mad about what I had to say.. lol.

I'm a Rockstar fan, and have been for quite sometime (Bully, RDR, Revolver, MC:LA, the list goes on), anytime one of their games are released, I follow the hype, the marketing, the advertising, the forums and YES, for Max Payne 3, as a comparison toward other Rockstar Games, it was very different, not as 'robust' of hype. No one can lie to me or make up a story to try and prove otherwise either, because I can sit here and see it, plain as day.

I was skeptical, as well as A LOT of other people were about buying this game. Rockstar's last great linear well known title was Red Dead Revolver for me personally, (no I'm not counting Manhunt), and I thought it was phenomenal, and very memorable. After the reviews, and friend feedback, I went out and got Max Payne 3 just today.. and it's excellent so far.

Don't try and troll me for having a viewpoint. Because I'm sorry... it just doesn't work. :P

#29 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

Well u stuck to your guns, I respect that. Im glad to see you like the game too.

So it all ends well

#30 Posted by niptuck117 (2109 posts) -
Such a joke. Everything we say is 'childish' or 'silly', and none of our valid viewpoints matter, yet you're the one with zero realism and a hypocritical view of all this.
#31 Posted by soccerman36 (1877 posts) -

I think this is where you're all supposed to agree to disagree and move on... I agree that the OP seems to be a bit of a moron but at the end of the day, throw all the good, logical responses you want at him and it's not going to change his opinion. Same with that other guy who thinks every video game must be free roam.

Some people like what they like, regardless of how dumb it seems to other people. And to them, we seem dumb. So lets all shut up and play what we like, and stop making stupid remarks about things that other people enjoy just because we don't.

#32 Posted by davidsworld3 (2976 posts) -

Considering the way he insulted everyone I find it amusing he thinks wei are trolling him. What a joke guy must be in his teens or something.

Oh well glad you like the game but your still a jack ass for the way you behaved on here.