Multiplayer is too unbalanced for new vs experienced players.

#1 Posted by yukicore (44 posts) -

So yeah, I was really kicking ass when I was playing in beginner servers, then they put me to the real deal and I am totally getting slaughtered!!! There are guys with heavy armors and player detectors and sh*t and with dual magnum pistols 2 shot kills trough my body armor.

I play on free aim and soft lock is no different, it's just a pretty bad experience for me, I am totally kicking everyone's ass at Battlefield 3, I'm always at the top, but this is just... disappointing, and bullet dodge tactics rarely work, but of course when it does, it soo nice.

Do you guys experience the same? I seriously think Multiplayer needs a hell of a lot tweaking.

#2 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

Thats expected.

Everything good in this game takes time to unlock, its just like call of duty, unless you are level 50 you always have a disadvantage.

#3 Posted by LoganWesker (80 posts) -

9 times out of 10 you die very quickly anyway -

#4 Posted by TheVoles (15 posts) -
Some of the best weapons you get are the ore unlocks, untill you get to Lvl 40. I am Lvl 47 and my main gun is the MPK and AK-47. Just play smart and use cover, but the biggest thing is keep moving as this game does not reward camping cause of the spawn system.
#5 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

mini 30 is the most overpowered weapon in the game

I was hoping they fixed it in the patch, but they did not.

#6 Posted by TheVoles (15 posts) -
It is a starting weapon so new players are not at a disadvantage at getting an OP gun.
#8 Posted by LoganWesker (80 posts) -

dual wield an automatic gun and you win from med-close range most of the time

#9 Posted by Noobly- (14 posts) -
No, the game does not need tweaking. Not being rude but you must be bad at the game, I'm only lvl 11 and get 1st or 2nd place 80% of the time, and don't say people wearing body armor are harder to take down because their not, like in any other shooter game - Aim for the head. Also that player detection thing is available straight away, I'm able to use it but i prefer the 'Big Dog' one. R* games with multiplayer are based on skill, whoever has more skill is going to beat you. Try playing through the story a few times more, get some practice.
#10 Posted by TheVoles (15 posts) -
No, the game does not need tweaking. Not being rude but you must be bad at the game, I'm only lvl 11 and get 1st or 2nd place 80% of the time, and don't say people wearing body armor are harder to take down because their not, like in any other shooter game - Aim for the head. Also that player detection thing is available straight away, I'm able to use it but i prefer the 'Big Dog' one. R* games with multiplayer are based on skill, whoever has more skill is going to beat you. Try playing through the story a few times more, get some practice. Noobly-
I will agree with you that this game is very skill based, and aiming for the head is a great tactic as it usaully takes only two shots to put someone down.
#11 Posted by yukicore (44 posts) -

It seems there are average players, which I beat most of the time, with fair amount of deaths/kills 1.40K/D ratio or something, and then there are players who have twice as much kills as deaths, usually more deaths than me and so much more kills, and they usually are unbeatable head to head, since they use the melee 1 hit kill faster than I can react, like they could see trough walls, I hate that, it should be 1 from behind and 2 to kill hiting in the front, otherwise it's just really annoying. 

#12 Posted by Noobly- (14 posts) -
Do you mean they run up to you and melee you when your behind cover? Sometimes people can see your name tag above your head if you move or something i think, I'm guessing that's how they know you're there. Or maybe they just constantly spam the melee button hoping someones there, lol. The only problem i have with multiplayer are the overpowered shotguns...
#13 Posted by TheVoles (15 posts) -
The shotgun is not overpowered, they are inaccurate and suck at range(and are only useful on two map.)
#14 Posted by Noobly- (14 posts) -
My favorite map is that Branco place so i always choose that, and yes the shotgun is overpowered. 2 shots to the chest and i still get killed when the guy is about 20 steps away. It's not inaccurate either, accuracy with a gun depends on how YOU use it.
#15 Posted by yukicore (44 posts) -

Do you mean they run up to you and melee you when your behind cover? Sometimes people can see your name tag above your head if you move or something i think, I'm guessing that's how they know you're there. Or maybe they just constantly spam the melee button hoping someones there, lol. The only problem i have with multiplayer are the overpowered shotguns...Noobly-

No, I mean 2 people walking forward to cross meet up in a corner and one of them wacks other with melee, leaving other hopeless to do anything. And this happens to me a lot if there is a melee killer in a match, especially in small maps. 

#16 Posted by Bariman (4 posts) -

[QUOTE="Noobly-"]Do you mean they run up to you and melee you when your behind cover? Sometimes people can see your name tag above your head if you move or something i think, I'm guessing that's how they know you're there. Or maybe they just constantly spam the melee button hoping someones there, lol. The only problem i have with multiplayer are the overpowered shotguns...yukicore

No, I mean 2 people walking forward to cross meet up in a corner and one of them wacks other with melee, leaving other hopeless to do anything. And this happens to me a lot if there is a melee killer in a match, especially in small maps. 

They may be using one of alternate control schemes, for example moving the melee button from Y/Triangle to R3. You can do that as well, it might help.