laser sighted weapons problem

#1 Posted by nilemonitor (910 posts) -

Did any one els have trouble hitting targets in single player mode with laser sighted weapons especialy in free aim mode?

I found them worthless.  I tried not to use them at all but some times you run out of bullets with the other guns.

#2 Posted by Kev_Boy (1527 posts) -

I only play with Free Aim, so I wouldn't know hiw it behaves with soft and hard lock. But I agree that for me at least it's much harder because it replaces the crosshair.

#3 Posted by killoran321 (176 posts) -

Yes i found it hard aswell, not tried it in multiplayer yet, is it the same?

#4 Posted by Neo_Sarevok (2980 posts) -

I had the same issue, but I found out you can disable the laser mode on the weapon, reverting it to a basic reticile weapon. Check your controls menu to find out how.

#5 Posted by CondorCalabasas (654 posts) -

I had the same issue, but I found out you can disable the laser mode on the weapon, reverting it to a basic reticile weapon. Check your controls menu to find out how.

Neo_Sarevok
I believe its the back button for xbox 360, and the select button for PS3 (I may be wrong). I had the same issue, the first time I played through the club level I kept missing, or shooting the girl.
#6 Posted by fixthis4me (135 posts) -

Neo_Sarevok
Great tip, I was wondering if there was any way to do this since the laser sighted weapons are really hard to aim properly.
#7 Posted by JasonBelgium (2 posts) -
Join GanjaFighters! :)
#8 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -
The options for reticle are Default, Weapon Specific, and Always White. Default has laser sights showing, as I'm sure Weapon Specific would when you pick up any laser sight equipped weapon. That only leaves Always White. Thanks in advance if this works. There's a few spots in the game where it should come in very handy, esp the catwalks of the airport right after going in on the luggage conveyor.
#9 Posted by Fruitymachete (76 posts) -

Yeah in the police station i'd pick a green laser gun but when i start shooting with it , sjjeezz took so long to kill someone with it . And if you went to last stand , you couldn't see your point where you need to aim to kill the person. So i kinda avoid the crappy laser guns .

#10 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

So i kinda avoid the crappy laser guns.Fruitymachete

Again, it's not the guns it's the laser sight itself. Just toggle it off and you will get the white dot reticle and it will fire without excessive recoil. On PC the default key is Tab to toggle it on or off. Regardless of control device the control menu lists it as Toggle Weapon Attachment.

#11 Posted by ronaldmcreagan (244 posts) -

Neo_Sarevok

Damn, i never knew you could do that. Thanks for the tip!

#12 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Same goes for gun mounted flashlights. You can turn them off with the Toggle Weapon Attachment function.

#13 Posted by Leejjohno (14088 posts) -

You can get used to it but it's just not as good as having a crosshair.