I already have it for PS3, should I get it for PC?

#1 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

I am a huge fan of the Max Payne franchise, so when it came out on consoles 2 weeks earlier than PC, I had to suck it up and buy the PS3 Version. Now that the PC version is out, should I sell my PS3 version to Gamestop and shell out a few extra clams for the PC version?  

At times, I felt that the shoot-dodge in the PS3 version was less effective as a result of the slow aiming movements of console shooters. Is the shoot-dodge more fun/effective in the PC version? 

And of course the last thing I'm wondering is how much of an improvement is made on the visuals. Obviously it will look better at high resolution and has tesselation, but are the physics ramped up? Is it a night/day difference or just a subtle one? Is the game well optimized? I'm not going to ask "can I run it" because I have a very capable PC.

#2 Posted by diab64 (3 posts) -
You should check that website : http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/max-payne-3-pc
#3 Posted by DrKill09 (6238 posts) -

Should've just waited for the pc version.  It has 4x the texture resolution, hardware tessilation, and ambiant occlusion.  Looks and runs great, even on my aging GTX 460.

#4 Posted by 4-Legged-Shark (1031 posts) -

Should've just waited for the pc version.  It has 4x the texture resolution, hardware tessilation, and ambiant occlusion.  Looks and runs great, even on my aging GTX 460.

DrKill09
dude, don't tell me that, I mean it's just adding insult to injury. I was wrong, I WAS SO WRONG but that's not helpful or important anymore. What is important is that info you included about how well it runs on your GTX 460 (which i wouldn't quite consider "aging" just yet) and the bit about 4x texture res, so thank you very much and thanks for the link, diab64.
#5 Posted by Justinps2hero (2171 posts) -
Its sooo good you should buy a spare in-case anything happens........
#6 Posted by Vortec33 (685 posts) -

Game looks AMAZING on pc. One of the cleanest, best loookin,g well optimized games I have played.

#7 Posted by themasterbobnom (7 posts) -

you should definetly get the pc version because it looks miles better than the console versions