games crashes every 3 to 5 minutes

#1 Posted by danny321 (256 posts) -

Why does my pc crashes after 3 to 5 minutes? My specs. are: Q6600 2.4GHZ., 9600 gt (301.42 driver), 2gig ram. Iput the settings on lowest and still the game crashes and my computer turns off. I'd appreciate your help on this. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

If all other games are running OK I would suspsect that since you have an older GPU you may need to find a driver that works well for that card on that game.

Other than that it could be a number of things. Have you checked to see if it's utilizing all cores of your CPU? Do you have any temp problems or artifacts?

#3 Posted by danny321 (256 posts) -

If all other games are running OK I would suspsect that since you have an older GPU you may need to find a driver that works well for that card on that game.

Other than that it could be a number of things. Have you checked to see if it's utilizing all cores of your CPU? Do you have any temp problems or artifacts?

Frag_Maniac
Thank you so much for your reply. Other games run ok like, Skyrim, Stalker, and even Crysis. I can play MP3 for about 3-5 min. (with ok framerate and no artifacts) and then my PC turns off. I don't know how to check the cpu while the game is running but I touch the side panel of my case (where the cpu is) to check if it overheats but it doesn't seem so. I'll try to find another driver that might work with MP3. Thanks.