Just got blasted through the head again... I'm playing on hard and this game is kicking my ass, it's hard to believe there are still TWO harder difficulties. Any tips?
It would be a lot easier to advise you if you detail what parts of the game you're struggling most with.
Some general tips however would be:
1. Always go for headshots. Body shots just waste ammo and allow other enemies to flank or kill you. With the more powerful weaps you will be able to take down some enemies with body shots, but for the most part headshots rule, esp anytime you're in slow mo. If it's hard for you to get headshots in real time, aim for high mid torso, chances are the recoil will send at least some of them at the head.
2. Go through on Easy mode until you get ALL golden gun parts, or at least the ones for the weaps you use.
3. Don't use painkillers unless you have to, in other words only if you are very low on health and about to face more enemies. You can amass painkillers by saving them and reloading checkpoints after crossing them, which heals you without using a painkiller. This WILL revert your ammo to the default non golden gun amount, though reloading brings back the golden gun clip size. I find it's better to have the painkillers though.
4. Use crouched real time shooting where you can do so safely to build up bullet time. Places where it can be effective are when there's low cover and distant enemies, or unsuspecting enemies coming out of a doorway which you can use as a choke point. There's also some places where you can crouch out of view of enemies that will otherwise pummel you from cover a cutscene starts you at, like the end of the first favela level where they're throwing Molotovs. There's some stairs to the left that is a great place to avoid the hail of bullets and fire.
5. Shoot dodge toward cover and snap to the cover from the ground, rinse and repeat if more cover is within shoot dodge dive range.
6. There are many cases where you can save bullet time by toggling it off during a shoot dodge after you've killed one or two enemies you're trying to take down.
7. Get to know where th eenemies spawn and take advantage of that. There are many cases where th enext set of enemies will come through a door. Use this as a proper choke point and immediately shoot dodge then stay prone to take out the remaining enemies. Being bold and shoot dodging toward a spawn point vs sideways will give you more time to kill more enemies.
8. Get familiar with tapping bullet time on and off at key points. For instance there's no reason whatsoever you should have to take out the last 3 of a six man spawn while laying prone in real time after a shoot dodge. Even killing just one of them in real time will give you more bullet time to use on the others.
9. Use the enemy indicator reticle. Sometimes being able to see when distant enemies hiding in dark cover spots are in your sights can avoid unexpected trouble when moving closer.
10. Use prone shooting in places where there's no adequate cover for static cover or shoot dodge-to-cover tactics, esp if you don't have much ammo or weaps to use. Some key places I do this are the forensic lab and shooting range in the police station.
11. Toggle laser sights off on any wepons that have them by using the Tooggle Weapon Attachment key. You can also toggle off weapon tac lights if you wish.
12. Use enviro hazards whenever you can. There are key ones in the game where multiple enemies spawn, such as the explodable tank in the garage you drop down to in New Jersey, as well as the car lift there. Also the bus lifts in the bus depot. Then of course there's many propane tanks scattered throughout the various maps.