any info on which is better performance\graphics? ps3 or 360?

#1 Posted by beavermatic (2 posts) -
Going to go pick it up at midnight... trying to decide whether to get it for ps3 or 360 since pc version isn't out for two weeks and I don't mind buying a console copy and PC copy later down the road... But has anyone heard of which has better performance or graphics between the two consoles? I don't really care if its on a single blueray or two DVDs... I know gta4 played and looked better on 360.. since Max 3 uses the same engine... would this likely still be the case?
#2 Posted by ghstbstr (8760 posts) -

I would think that it would be better on the Xbox360, because the other two were better on the original Xbox.

Just going off of that of course isn't the best way, but that is something.

No game on Xbox360 or PS3 are in 1080p hd as the the highest is 720p, and yes sometimes there are games that are upconverted to 1080p but that doesn't make it full hd.

The next gen consoles will have all games in full 1080p hd.

#3 Posted by mrfear818 (3 posts) -
It's going to be exactly the same... just like every other game.
#4 Posted by oddballrulez (1642 posts) -

I would think that it would be better on the Xbox360, because the other two were better on the original Xbox.

Just going off of that of course isn't the best way, but that is something.

No game on Xbox360 or PS3 are in 1080p hd as the the highest is 720p, and yes sometimes there are games that are upconverted to 1080p but that doesn't make it full hd.

The next gen consoles will have all games in full 1080p hd.

ghstbstr

The originals looked better due to the xbox's vastly superior hardware - which this gen is not the case. Also, there are a number of PS3 games and a good few 360 games that run native 1080p ;) Though this (MP3) will obviously be 720p or lower - upscaled. I would suggest both titles will look the same, considering the linear nature of the game and the mastery of the engine. The only noticeable differences (probably) will be the AA techniques and likely colour contrasts :) If you plan to play multiplayer, go for the version you will have the most friends on - if single player, ip-dip-doo :P

#5 Posted by cdrewsr388 (2958 posts) -

The ps3, if stated in the game description, can run in true 1080p.  The 360 on the other hand, upscales it from 1080i.  The above statement is totally false.  The ps3 can do 1080p.

#6 Posted by rahmie0789 (277 posts) -

pc.....but I have it for the 360 b/c of multiplayer. Will be buying it for pc when it arrives.

#7 Posted by romeo_longsword (86 posts) -

The game runs at 720 for both PS3 or Xbox, 1080 is only scale up when you force the mechine to run it.

In really does not matter, somebody can come to do a break down, screen vs screen, clips vs clips, at the end it comes to very minor difference and personal opnions, so does it matter?

But my personaly opnion would be the PS3, my 6 years old mechine has not died yet, while I had so many xbox's I fear if it die again I can't play.

#8 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

The ps3, if stated in the game description, can run in true 1080p. The 360 on the other hand, upscales it from 1080i. The above statement is totally false. The ps3 can do 1080p.

cdrewsr388

The Ps3 does Up-scale to 1080p for games, not Native 1080p

*EDIT*

Actually most Ps3 games dont even run at up-scaled 1080p, but im not sure what the case is with max payne 3

#9 Posted by ronaldmcreagan (244 posts) -

What you need to ask yourself is, what controller do you prefer, the XBOX or PS3?