Advice Please! Save Points

#1 Posted by goindownsmokin (7 posts) -

My problem is that I have made it as far as Chapter 16 but, if I quit the game, I always end up having to start back up at Chapter 7. This has happened several times and there is not enough time in my work day to make it all the way to complete the game. Does anyone have any ideas why my game reverts to such a distant save point and what can I do to save the subsequent chapters/save points? Thanks for your ideas.

#2 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2059 posts) -

Have a look at this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2729579&page=2

#3 Posted by goindownsmokin (7 posts) -

Thanks for the info. I checked your link and it looks like others have had similar problems. I've tried a few of these proposed solutions, and since there is no single solution that seems to make a difference for me, I will have to assume there is a bug(s) associated with some as yet unknown compatibility issue. I sent a request to Rockstar technical support several days ago and have only received automated responses from them.

I enjoyed MP2 and thought it was a great game, and I have owned several past Rockstar games that provided great gaming experiences. None of them have evoked as much frustration for me as MP3. For all it's stunning audio/graphical curb appeal, there are some glaring shortcomings with the game's operability and mechanics. And I agree with some other commenters here about the gaping holes in a story-driven shooter- if only because I believe there was a missed opportunity for creating a game that was an evolutionary step ahead of the previous installment in the series, simply by providing the player with a more compelling rationale to complete each sequence.

Think about it for a minute, if you take away the immersive elements of the story, you have 6-12 hours in a formulaic shooting arcade. To name just one of dozens of contrived sequences that left me wondering, when I got to the end of the dock scene and Raul coasts up in his speedboat to pull Max from the flaming wreckage, I couldn't help but ask, what was this guy doing all the time I am slogging through this thug-infested warren? Sipping a margarita? That kind of loose plot structure you expect from Mario Brothers, but feels incongruous in a game with serious pretensions of it's characters, and graphic gunplay. Okay, maybe its better to just turn off your brain and shoot.