using game save from PSn stand alone

#1 Posted by Jibbler666 (55 posts) -

Quesion

because I already own 2 and 3 on PS3 I don't want to buy the trilogy I just want the PS store standalone

Ok so if I play mass effect 1 then i want to continue to mass effect 2 can I just use a save file?? or do I have to buy the trilogy because it gives me the option to chose an old save.

becaues the mass effect 2 copy I have now thinks mass effect 1 doesn't exist so it doesnt even ask me for a old save file from part 1. instead it goes to the quicksummary story.

so my question is will you be able to chose a save with my mass effect 2 copy? do I have to go through the 30 min story again and pic the same options?? will they make a patch for it so I can choose my own save?? or is it only with the triliogy

#2 Posted by TakitusMaximus (578 posts) -
There could be a patch for ME2 that could solve that problem. Or the software to fix it may be included in the ME1 download. The only way to find out is to try it out and see for yourself, or wait for someone else to try it first.
#3 Posted by kman1138 (1 posts) -

I haven't tried it yet, but I wanted to verify this before I downloaded the stand alone, or bought the trilogy, as I too have ME 2 (haven't played it yet).

I loaded up ME 2, and there was an update available.  I don't know how recent the update is, or if it had anything to do with this or not (I'm assuming it did), but when you go to start a NEW game in ME 2, then go to create your character, there is an option to Import from ME 1.